Game-Labs Forum

Remove safety zones

2 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

So you're telling me traders shouldn't be able to be ganked? US/GB have the players and now have the endless supply of combat marks and gold to defend their waters.

No. I am telling that obliging PvP to be also something else than ganking only is a good thing.

My traders are most of times outside safe areas, because more profit can be done that way. :rolleyes:

Young or new players need learning areas. Before finding by themselves that staying in safe areas is not the best way. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

There is no thrill of PvP doing PVE when you have a safe zone to sit inside all day...

but you dont sit in the safe zone all day. you'll have to venture out eventually , if you want to or not. the safe zone will let oyu recove your losses though and get back into the fight.

6 hours ago, Landsman said:

What i was picturing while reading this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But yeah im also for keeping the zones.... they are good to give new players some space ( although i wish it was restricted to low ranks - if you are a veteran and want safe pve, there is a dedicated server for that ).

I love your post up to the last part. There is a simple concept that we keep forgetting, so I will say it again:

You cannot force players to play the game as you want them to.

They will leave if you try.

They will not go to the PvE server because they told or getting forced, they will leave because that's not what they want to do.

Please see below. This is your answer.

6 hours ago, Shrez said:

nope

Everyone that joins a PvP server have in mind to PvP, when, how long, veteran or not, it's all up to them.

If I started to tell and then force everyone to play the game how I wanted, I would end up playing alone but that's what the single player games are for.

In conclusion, if anyone is into forcing/telling other players what to do there are single player games for that. 

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rigs said:

They will leave if you try.

The thing is nobody cares if PvE players leave on the PvP server... how are they needed when they sit in the safe zone to do PvE even at max rank ? New players should have enough protection to be able to level up safely but letting veterans use the safe zones is a bit silly... it takes away potential PvP on a server that is tagged as PvP in the favour of PvE... can you really not spot the problem here?

I don't want to take the safe zone from veterans but i actually find it sad that they want / need it. They chose the PvP server and had enough time to get into PvP. I ring my little shame bell for them.

13 minutes ago, Landsman said:

The thing is nobody cares if PvE players leave on the PvP server... how are they needed when they sit in the safe zone to do PvE even at max rank ? New players should have enough protection to be able to level up safely but letting veterans use the safe zones is a bit silly... it takes away potential PvP on a server that is tagged as PvP in the favour of PvE... can you really not spot the problem here?

I don't want to take the safe zone from veterans but i actually find it sad that they want / need it. They chose the PvP server and had enough time to get into PvP. I ring my little shame bell for them.

Breaking news, unless your name is nobody you can only speak for yourself. Also, there are no PvE players on a PvP server, just hardcore and casuals, PvE it's part of the game and it's just means to an end.

Finally, I don't think anyone cares about your little bell or what you do with it either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

Breaking news, unless your name is nobody you can only speak for yourself.

So who does care? The bots that don't get sunk in the PvE missions anymore?

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

there are no PvE players on a PvP server

I wish this was true... If you do not seek PvP actively, you are a PvE player - it is that simple. Just playing on a PvP server doesn't make you a PvP player, if you only sink bots in the safe zone. Sorry to burst your bubble...

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

Finally, I don't think anyone cares about your little bell or what you do with it either.

y9xj7MU.png

12 hours ago, Landsman said:

But yeah im also for keeping the zones.... they are good to give new players some space ( although i wish it was restricted to low ranks - if you are a veteran and want safe pve, there is a dedicated server for that ).

All players need some space, or small nations that get capital-camped are just going to quit again. 

9 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

All players need some space, or small nations that get capital-camped are just going to quit again.

Yeah, only problem is the current zones are way too big and some veterans don't use them to fall back and rebuild - they just stay there permanently in their little PvE world... I like the idea of the zones alot but there just isn't enough incentive to leave them even tho many asked for that... I hope the PvP Mark comeback that admin talked about will fix some of that... im all for giving people some room to rebuild their ships and level etc. but when i see 400 players online on the PvP server i assume most of them are up for PvP and in reality 50 of those are alts and 200 are carebears that never leave the safe zone ( honestly why not just switch to the PvE server ? ) and will run from you if you ever accidently bump into them in OW, even if they have the better ship etc. ... you get my point?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Landsman said:

This is the only problem.... they are too big.... way too big. 

I get the problem with the certain other nations over in the Dane/Swede waters, but I was coming out of Cayo De Sol the other day a port us pirates own on GLOBAL and notice it's in the reiforcement zone for spain.  Glad those guys are on our good side for now or that would suck.  They just have to tag one of us and than call in.  Some thing we found out about St Mary on Day one of the patch. We had plan to flip that port utnil some one found out it was in the protected zone.  No ports that can't be captured should be in these zones.  So they need to drop a few nations (not add more or make those the new nations) or make the circles smaller to only cover zones that are none captureable.  Lets see how the next patch goes.

9 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, only problem is the current zones are way too big and some veterans don't use them to fall back and rebuild - they just stay there permanently in their little PvE world... I like the idea of the zones alot but there just isn't enough incentive to leave them even tho many asked for that... I hope the PvP Mark comeback that admin talked about will fix some of that... im all for giving people some room to rebuild their ships and level etc. but when i see 400 players online on the PvP server i assume most of them are up for PvP and in reality 50 of those are alts and 200 are carebears that never leave the safe zone ( honestly why not just switch to the PvE server ? ) and will run from you if you ever accidently bump into them in OW, even if they have the better ship etc. ... you get my point?

They are a little too large.  People should be free to do whatever floats their boat.  If you'd prefer to see 25 people on the PVP server instead then you can try to force them to do things your way only.  Probably about half the people on the server at any given time are either AFK or logged in too briefly to do any PvP stuff.  I go on daily for about an hour to use my labor hours and move some resources around. Some days I have a little more time, but I will only do PvP if there's a group activity happening.  No point in sailing out alone to throw away my ships/repairs/cannons just to please old Landsman. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

Pretty much the PvP server in a nutshell...

Well. A few Months ago this was Pretty much the Daily thing.

When there was no Safezones. You either had to go to some Far away Port that took forever to Reach for other Factions.

Or you could pretty much not really Sail out unless you had an Full PvP Squad ready.

Cause if you dared leaving Port alone it would be like 3 minutes till some Ganking Squad was at your Ass.

Especially for the less Populated Nations that was Pretty much a Death Penalty cause the more Populated Nations just Camped their Capitol all day making sure that no New Player rolling on that Nation would ever have any Fun and pick up the Game....

5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Especially for the less Populated Nations that was Pretty much a Death Penalty cause the more Populated Nations just Camped their Capitol all day making sure that no New Player rolling on that Nation would ever have any Fun and pick up the Game....

Yeah, and now everyone just brain afk carebears in the safe zones... no matter what the devs do, in the end its the players fault that there isn't enough proper pvp...

23 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

Attacked a player the other day only 2 of us 10x 1st rates left battle to find 8-10 players waiting to attack us which shows they can defend their waters.

Skilled PvPers don't get put off by safe zones, they use the gameplay to their advantage, the skilled players are getting kills in the safe zones every day.

6 hours ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, and now everyone just brain afk carebears in the safe zones... no matter what the devs do, in the end its the players fault that there isn't enough proper pvp...

Well.

The Problem with Players is. If you give em the Freedom to do something. They will do it.

This Includes that if you allow Players to aimlessly massacre New Players and Ruin the Game for others they will do it.

So anything but an absolute Protection will never work as People will just do it anyways if they can.

I however find it much better this way than the other way around.

Without the Safezones the Game would be Dead sooner or later cause nobody plays it anymore.

With the Safezones we might for now not have much PvP anymore. But the Population will grow. And sooner or later the Population will be big enough again that People leave the Safezones on their own.

16 hours ago, Landsman said:

1) So who does care? The bots that don't get sunk in the PvE missions anymore?

2) I wish this was true... If you do not seek PvP actively, you are a PvE player - it is that simple. Just playing on a PvP server doesn't make you a PvP player, if you only sink bots in the safe zone. Sorry to burst your bubble...

3)

y9xj7MU.png

1) Simple concept, that will be you sinking bots when they all left...

2) Let's make this simple,  "PvE on PvP server is a legit tool to build your char into PvP. Without PvE there is no PvP." It seems that you keep bursting your own bubbles.

3) Hilarious, it's my belief the wanna be hard ass especially in a game are just over compensating for something else.

Back on point, I don't think Randy Savage has a little bell and/or more so he wouldn't be bragging about it. ;)

Edited by Rigs

4 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Simple concept, that will be you sinking bots when they all left...

When they never PvP to begin with.... how can i miss them in PvP? It just doesn't make sense...

6 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Let's make this simple,  "PvE on PvP server is a legit tool to build your char into PvP. Without PvE there is no PvP." It seems that you keep bursting your own bubbles.

You must be new here... Some of the best PvP players play with the very basic upgrades, medium cannons and sometimes even store bought NPC ships - because they are PvP players and find PvE hello kittying boring and consider it a time waste. You don't need to play PvE to "build your character into PvP", you build it into PvP by actually playing PvP. Upgrades are nice and all but captain skill / pvp skill is what actually matters. Saying you need max ship knowledge slots and upgrades for PvP is a poor excuse that PvE players will throw around, nothing more... talking about bubbles, eh?

12 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Hilarious, it's my belief the wanna be hard ass especially in a game are just over compensating for something else.

So posting a meme makes me a "wanna be hard ass"? Ok. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Back on point, I don't think Randy Savage has a little bell and/or more so he wouldn't be bragging about it.

Whoosh ~

12 minutes ago, Landsman said:

1) When they never PvP to begin with.... how can i miss them in PvP? It just doesn't make sense...

2)You must be new here... Some of the best PvP players play with the very basic upgrades, medium cannons and sometimes even store bought NPC ships - because they are PvP players and find PvE hello kittying boring and consider it a time waste. You don't need to play PvE to "build your character into PvP", you build it into PvP by actually playing PvP. Upgrades are nice and all but captain skill / pvp skill is what actually matters. Saying you need max ship knowledge slots and upgrades for PvP is a poor excuse that PvE players will throw around, nothing more... talking about bubbles, eh?

3) So posting a meme makes me a "wanna be hard ass"? Ok. :lol:

Whoosh ~

1) Who is they and how do you know it's never? It's ok if you are confused.

2) You must be new to life, rest see above or ask around.

3) Your attitude makes you "a wanna be".

Edited by Rigs

10 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

Yes and everyone isn't a skilled PvPer such as myself...

So you want an unskilled PvP free for all where you can choose the easy kills instead of trying for the challenge...I understand now,  you want your own version of carebear zones.

11 hours ago, Rigs said:

Who is they and how do you know it's never? It's ok if you are confused.

I was talking about carebears all along... not sure what you are talking about tho... aren't you the one confused if you have to ask? :lol:

11 hours ago, Rigs said:

You must be new to life, rest see above or ask around.

Care to elaborate? You claim you need skill slots and upgrades farmed in PvE to PvP, which is complete bullshit. Just ask the really good PvP players.

11 hours ago, Rigs said:

Your attitude makes you "a wanna be".

How so? Not being a carebear and actually wanting PvP on the PvP server = wannabe? Haha, ok.

How about you bring some actual and factual arguments instead of random bullshitting?

Edited by Landsman