Game-Labs Forum

Are we limited for the number of books we can "learn" ?

Kanay

Question

Hi,

I asked the question in game chat but had no answers so i ask it here in hope to get a clear answer to this :

The game seems to have quite a large number of books, the UI for the " Library" of books used seems to have a limited space for them, i don't know if the UI is dynamic and will adapt or not, until now i did not saw much examples of dynamic UI in this game so i have a doubt and have to ask before screwing up.

373526Client2017070112510454cr.jpg578979Client2017070112505803cr.jpg

There is still quite some book possible to be added for boarding or speed for example and room seems limited, so question is simple, do we have Captains with " limited Knowledge capacities"  and do we have to make some choices for what we can use as books or the UI will adapt and create a second line so our captains can learn all stuff possible to be learned ?

Since i restarted recently i did not paid attention to this and used the books i found, without knowing that for example the " Fire Book" could be more useful making the special 5 rings book, or spending 100 marks making an optimized ballast just to receive the next day the art of proper cargo distribution doing the same thing but a bit better, have not used it yet, want to be sure i am not limited for books space.

Thanks in advance and i hope i did not screw up by learning all i could and doing this limiting myself :/

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, AlteSocken said:

maybe @admin knows ...?

I hope he does :P I mean if the creators of the game don't know there is a problem  ^^

For now i am storing books here and there until i know i can use most of them safely without being limited... won't start to learn a book bringing not much as bonus to get limited later

• Like 1

On 2017-07-04 at 11:45 AM, Kanay said:

I hope he does :P I mean if the creators of the game don't know there is a problem  ^^

When i've asked them about the pray button, they replied to me that they did not know what use it had. 

35 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

oh boy, you learned a fire book.

Yeah... i did not knew it could be used for something better...  Kept the water book when i discovered it could be used for something better few days later...

Wish i could take it off from there and put it back on the library ... And also wish i had a library to store those things taking too much room in the warehouse ( same as upgrades not able to be stacked )

Hope this kind of noob error will not take one slot for nothing in case we are limited for books we can learn ...

18 hours ago, Serk said:

When i've asked them about the pray button, they replied to me that they did not know what use it had.

They probably know and it's most probably a prank on players.

On 1-7-2017 at 1:01 PM, Kanay said:

Hi,

I asked the question in game chat but had no answers so i ask it here in hope to get a clear answer to this :

The game seems to have quite a large number of books, the UI for the " Library" of books used seems to have a limited space for them, i don't know if the UI is dynamic and will adapt or not, until now i did not saw much examples of dynamic UI in this game so i have a doubt and have to ask before screwing up.

373526Client2017070112510454cr.jpg578979Client2017070112505803cr.jpg

There is still quite some book possible to be added for boarding or speed for example and room seems limited, so question is simple, do we have Captains with " limited Knowledge capacities"  and do we have to make some choices for what we can use as books or the UI will adapt and create a second line so our captains can learn all stuff possible to be learned ?

Since i restarted recently i did not paid attention to this and used the books i found, without knowing that for example the " Fire Book" could be more useful making the special 5 rings book, or spending 100 marks making an optimized ballast just to receive the next day the art of proper cargo distribution doing the same thing but a bit better, have not used it yet, want to be sure i am not limited for books space.

Thanks in advance and i hope i did not screw up by learning all i could and doing this limiting myself :/

well you must be a academic phd by now

i wonder when you graduate :))

it seems you miss one book : Developers knoledge

i have clan mates who have only 8 books in total, so completely unfair balance for them..one of the reasons why people quit 

for them, it seems unfair and unbalanced and not accessible... at all (some things where the devs need to look at ....the players see it, the developers not, they talk Russian literally)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Starting to get short yeah :

439349Client2017071121172766cr.jpg

Still a few books possible to be added here i think,  the speed trim for 4-5th rates, the art of ship handling seems to be a book going there and the proper cargo distribution one too, i have the later and keep it until i can make the art of ship handling one, and hopefully find another cargo distribution book later to add too, also light ropes and blocks probably ending in this section too, and following the UI design it seems i have room for only 1 more then it's the unknown... if i ever get lucky to make me the Art of ship handling one i will find out, until then i will not add a single book to this section and take the risk to note be able to use the art of ship handling one later ...

Have also room for apparently only 2 more book in the boarding section now and quite some stuff possible, i am only one book away from making the 5 rings book, and what i am missing now is ... tada... the freaking fire book i used when i started  :faceplam

For sure i would like to find the " How things work in this game" book that will give me some answers, but seems like the Dev's keep this one well hidden in a secret place, unfortunately for us.

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 1