Game-Labs Forum

Resource Imbalance

Just now, Yngvarr said:

It's because some nations have had all resources they needed from the start.

Meaning they have a very large head-start, meaning they can steamroll any PB attack or PB defence that we put up.

I really don't understand why i have to keep explaining this.

An interesting option for the next wipe might be making all regions neutral exept capital regions. Then again, the capturing will mostly come down to player count and big nations would still dominate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Frost said:

Allies can screen the port battle, keep all enemies out so the dutch only need ships to kill the towers. If you really want to capture it i belive there must be a way.

Sure, we just need to find people who have worked hard to get their ships, but are willing to be fed as cannon fodder to a fleet of 1st and 2nd rates.

• Like 1

Just now, Liquicity said:

Regarding Gold and Silver, as far as I know you only need them for furnishings, which you can also get through the admiralty shop for pvp marks

Same argument for them. How can they get pvp marks with sub-par woods......

And to be fair, the furnishings for pvp marks are at an absolute horrible rate, but it's indeed an option!

2 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

Same argument for them. How can they get pvp marks with sub-par woods......

And to be fair, the furnishings for pvp marks are at an absolute horrible rate, but it's indeed an option!

You can build up to Surprise (connie and trinc takes a handfull of furnishings) without having to get furnishings afaik. You know, there is also pvp outside of lineships :P but yea, for the large RvR clan Organizations that might suck.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, monk33y said:

*Rolls eyes*

The whole point of this game is conquest.  Meaning to take regions!

We are in a new age where nations like the Dutch NO longer have instant access to 75% of server population in alliances and 75% of map ports through alliances!!!

(why am I seeing the same players now complaining, when in the past they said nothing) 

Complaining? Me? I thought I was offering a solution, one,  which I might add not only benefits the Nations, the Clans and the Pirates by putting more ships out there for everyone to have some fun with!

If it puts more hulls in the water, if it gives clans and nations an opportunity to get the ships to provide conquest, defence and trade, if it provides more PVP  then how can that be a complaint, or even wrong?

This is just...*sigh*

And practically for them, they're the nations that have the most all-rounded access to resources in this game.

If this continues to be allowed by the devs, we'll it's really simple then, all other nations are f*****.

TEGdbB0.png

Edited by Yngvarr
more info

44 minutes ago, Thonys said:

1: conquest with what.....mercurys are not allowed in pb

Hold on. I was off doing something else, but this phrase kept nagging me...

You are complaining about gold and silver but you sail Mercuries? The only 6th rate that needs gold and silver. Good God! If you've enough to waste on 6th rates then Bellonas (which require half the gold and silver of a Mercury) should be no problem.

• Like 1

Well, let's see what we've got in the ways of sub-par approaches then.

- Mass iron production for gold/silver (coal?) byproducts.

- Carupano has coal, so not sure why that's an issue.

- Stage PBs, fill it with fireship fir niagaras to try and diminish the Aga/Bellona supply.

- Attack shallow regions (E.g. Santa Fe) from which you will be able to raid their capital constantly as a retort. If enough of a nuisance they'd might reconsider.

- Sync attacks in different areas now that they have to station ships in multiple locations to cope.

But yeah, ultimately it's quite a dick move by the Spaniards, and their alliances are rapidly pushing towards yet another two-block server war again *yawn*

Edited by Guest

Just now, Yngvarr said:

You can't craft Niagara's anymore

Oh right, damn changes. Whichever inexpensive and fast ship that you can toss into a PB pyre then :ph34r:

You ask how do you conquer be regions. You get 15-20 players together who farm hostility, pooling all pve marks etc. Then you get your nation to screen. And you keep going until you win.

We are in a new age of naval action where the days of relying on allies to fight your battles for you have finished.

You quoted the pirate/spain/USA deal and yet the Dutch have a deal with the British for a safe boreder!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, monk33y said:

You ask how do you conquer be regions. You get 15-20 players together who farm hostility, pooling all pve marks etc. Then you get your nation to screen. And you keep going until you win.

We are in a new age of naval action where the days of relying on allies to fight your battles for you have finished.

You quoted the pirate/spain/USA deal and yet the Dutch have a deal with the British for a safe boreder!!!

[monk33y]

That is a good way. Worked for me in EvE Online...

It works just not quite so well in NA (but YOU should know why I hope), but still I have a twitch... an itch I can't scratch...

and like all despots I don't play well with others...

You've heard speach before my friend.... rip off the restrictive NPC Nation overlay BLAH BLAH BLAH

You see the Problem yet...?

Norfolk nEgo

@Norfolk nChance

I totally understand why certain nations are struggling, but I think that is down to poor leadership and inaction. Instead of nations capturing their historic homeland, they should have been highlighting resource strong areas and conquering them first. While Spain is spread out all over the map they are weaker! 

I know alot of players and nations seem to be against opening regions up in totally different regions of the map,(areas where said, nation has never operated). We the players and our nations are supposed to be creating trade routes across the map. 

The age of Easy spoon feeding is over!

(unless your a British or Dutch player who can't handle not having their hands held! I notice the usa have a tiny population but they are getting on with it and not complaining...hmm)

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

Allies can screen the port battle, keep all enemies out so the dutch only need ships to kill the towers. If you really want to capture it i belive there must be a way.

If i know you want X port i'll get the 25 fleet ship inside the port, once the battle is open we can get them out of the port and instant join the PB. No blockade can stop it. So yup, your allies can no longer fight the wars for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agiond said:

If i know you want X port i'll get the 25 fleet ship inside the port, once the battle is open we can get them out of the port and instant join the PB. No blockade can stop it. So yup, your allies can no longer fight the wars for you.

Is there not a open world timer stopping this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

An interesting option for the next wipe might be making all regions neutral exept capital regions. Then again, the capturing will mostly come down to player count and big nations would still dominate.

[Jack Frost]

This is a step towards solving The Problem, but its still not quite enough. YOU SEE IT...

SORRY to bore I'll say it again...

All NPC Nation Overlays come off except One. Thats All members must be same nation in a CLAN.

PCs or Clans can own a PORT. They'll need to keep it up to a certain standard. Not just sat their as deadwood. Within the Region that port lies you will make set contributions to that Regions Capital. You own the RC Maintenance is alot higher and the local ports you'll receive their contributions to help off-set upkeep.

You own the mining rights and berths. You inward invest build bigger defenses will attract more ai traders. Let the defence upkeep slip and ai traders will slowly be scared away...

CIVIL WAR - Is the key. [monk33y] already told you why...

If time look at the Port Battle Blockade Idea I did. The final 1.02 at the bottom of that thread... you see were this fits in...

EVERYBODY from Carebear to Ganker NOW as a real stake in the affairs of the Carribean...

The Problem is .... "The Lite Sandbox"

work out the rest yourself... or if can't sleep read some of my horrible formatted posts

Norfolk nChance

(Dev's need to pay him)

Just got to laugh at all the "what are you complaining about posts", resources were imbalanced from the start for some nations, everybody that is happy only needs to sail 30 mins for all the goodies.

Thats fine, affected nations will die off, two sets of forged papers means folk can go have fun else where, or just quit, nice balanced game, conquest without opposition, or the ability to defend, fill your boots, skill or combat now no longer has a place.

• Like 3

On 2017-6-10 at 11:04 AM, Yngvarr said:

This is just...*sigh*

And practically for them, they're the nations that have the most all-rounded access to resources in this game.

If this continues to be allowed by the devs, we'll it's really simple then, all other nations are f*****.

TEGdbB0.png

*sigh* previously 25% of the server was on the receiving end of the three largest nations being able to steamroll everyone else with their size.

You may not start in the best situation BUT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN WITH NO OTHER NATIONS CAPITALS NEAR-BY,  if you can't capture undefended ports that's down to your nations own incompetence! 

Other nations have the resources you want go take them, instead of crying "it's not fare admin, I can no longer get everything in game from my home region".....

This is a game about conquest for crying out loud!!

On 2017-6-10 at 10:48 AM, Yngvarr said:

How do you expect us to capture regions, if we cannot build the ships we need to do so, and the ships we can build, are of sub-par wood types.

You might ask why this is.

It's because some nations have had all resources they needed from the start.

Meaning they have a very large head-start, meaning they can steamroll any PB attack or PB defence that we put up.

I really don't understand why i have to keep explaining this.

If you make a game where conquest is very important, resource distribution needs to be balanced.

Giving certain nations a head start concerning resources is just a bad idea.

I mean, it's not as if these complaints couldn't have been anticipated.

If resources are shared out evenly there WILL BE NO NEED FOR CONQUEST TO HAPPEN! 

Nations should be fighting over resources instead (keep saying this) historic home waters.....

As pirates we fought our first battles in shop bought ships!!! Then we used the gifted ones, now we use crafted ones!!!

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, Yngvarr said:

It's just that the combination of being a rather small nation, territory wise, and all important resources being in other nations regions causes us to be starved of the resources we need to be able to compete at any level in this game.

This means that other nations are able to progress much more quickly, which causes them to be able to capture more regions, which gives them more Conquest Marks.

Which means that they can more easily defend their regions.

and you get situations like this:

http://i.imgur.com/kwzCVuP.jpg

It's just a vicious circle.

I find it hilarious that everyone is complaining about the Spanish.   Comon folks.   Spain ruled down here.   Cartagena was eventually sacked but it took 80k troops.  Cartagena was the stronghold of Spain in this region and so it should be in game.    

1 hour ago, EL LOCO said:

I find it hilarious that everyone is complaining about the Spanish.   Comon folks.   Spain ruled down here.   Cartagena was eventually sacked but it took 80k troops.  Cartagena was the stronghold of Spain in this region and so it should be in game.    

Drake sacked it in 1586

Henry Morgan had a go at it in 1668 with 460 men in 9 ships -- gaining about 100,000 pounds.

In 1697 the Baron de Pointis with 2000 French Soldiers and about 1000 French buccaneers under Jean Baptiste du Casse took Cartagena with little resistance. Three of the massive forts surrendered or were abandoned by the Spanish. They were undermanned and under gunned because the Spanish believed the very threat of the forts would stop any planned incursion.

The Spanish were loosing their hold on the Spanish Main for a very long time.