Game-Labs Forum

16 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Or when you get your first nice ship and do your first pvp battle and come outa battle and find out that 25 people teleported from thier capital to wherever you are and revenge gank you and take your new ship.

AND THIS GAME IS NOT HARDCORE!  No game with ez mode quick travel is hardcore, this game is just a time sink of repetitive motion.

Im confused you cant tp with ships unless its back to the capital so how do they tp from their capital? 

Well I would say you the OP that the game you are looking for is coming later in the form of Naval Action Legends.  Hope you find the instant action you are looking for there or maybe try World of Warships.  I will also say thank Neptune that we don't have the kind of game he is looking for here.

Im sure someone already asked if they can have your stuff but just in case not......... can I have your stuff?  No? oh ok I see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

[fransgelen]

Before you quit, do one thing for me. Try the rehab task I mention in "Junkie & his Dealer". Just do it. Five days is all it takes... Tell Admin and maybe the rest of us what it was like seriously... I empathize with the post, but try it before you quit...

I read through your post and I have a confession to make.

I started with 0 rank xp, 0 craft xp, only a basic cutter to entertain me, a few redeemables and that was it.

This expected me to start from the bottom, like a newbie and work my way up. At the moment, I'm on the level of kapitein-luitenant (lieutenant commander if I'm correct) and sailing in a run down fir wood Renomee. My Surprise got sunk during a hostility rise. I made some gold (300K), but blown most of it away on getting a ship and cannons.

The clan started crafting ships, but their first priority was to get traders ships to get the money rolling. Often, I was asked to do trading if I want my own portion of gold, but after 2 trips (spending 1 hour) of trading, I was devastated on the returns I made and being chased by the French at a occasion. I cannot fathom that I need to trade 2-3 days to have enough gold to buy the next 5th rate.

You might tell me I'm trading wrong or not enough, but that's the point. I'm not a trader myself, I don't spend more than 1 hour of play time on the game every day and there are some expectations from the clan.

The only reason why I play NA is to immersive myself in the naval battles, port battles and have fun chasing PVP. The trading and crafting is too time consuming (travel times on ocean) and I'm not interested.

I will try tonight playing the game again, get a chance to clear my mind and try to adapt. The adapting to the new system is the most difficult for me and that is what you tried to explain in your post of the Junkie & Dealer. Early access expect from a person to adapt to the changes after every patch, but some changes is groundbreaking and take a lot of effort from a person to change to what he/she was accustomed before.

Thanks to you pointing out of getting "rehab", I will try again and not quit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fransgelden said:

I will try tonight playing the game again, get a chance to clear my mind and try to adapt. The adapting to the new system is the most difficult for me and that is what you tried to explain in your post of the Junkie & Dealer. Early access expect from a person to adapt to the changes after every patch, but some changes is groundbreaking and take a lot of effort from a person to change to what he/she was accustomed before.

Thanks to you pointing out of getting "rehab", I will try again and not quit.

Thank you

I think the final nail has been made into the coffin for me.

The clan left me out due to "frustration towards the game and pessimism on nation chat about game features". I understand their reasoning and I cannot go and disrepute the clan, due to my complaints about the situation of the game and missions. I want everyone to have fun and not affecting people negatively.

This is just who I am are. I cannot withhold myself from venting my frustration in the game and TS, because if I don't vent, I will become bitter and even more frustrated.

And sadly the game favors clan heavily at the moment and I can't schedule my time specifically at certain time points of the day to do certain things. I jump on, do what I can do and then go, different times, different places. That is what casuals do and it is an inconvenience for clans as they organise, schedule and making plans for their operations and cannot rely on me to be present at all times.

I'm sorry Norfolk, I tried, but matters have become worse for me than before.

I'll try the game again in 6 months and see where we go from there.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to wait for the Arena version, fransgelden. I can understand the whole OW thing with trading and the grind and all not being appealing to someone who just wants to blow shit up. Hang tight, it's coming!

• Like 2

Sorry to see you go mate. I can understand where you are coming from. I enjoy the game more now ( but only because i have a good amount of time to spend on it ). What is really grinding my gears is that upgrades and refits are STILL partially super rare and hard to come buy. I love to see less SOLs and more smaller ships and i don't care how expensive ships are but make the upgrades and refits available for everyone without them having to quit their real life and join a carebear 24/7 grind zerg clan, ffs. The ship should be the expensive thing not the upgrades. This current system is pushing the experienced hardcore players to a even bigger advantage and casuals / new players even more down into the dirt in the direction of the uninstall button. Not only are some refits only available to a chosen few at the moment, you also have to grind pve for hours on end to kit out your ship for pvp. I already noticed some of the best PvP players i met in the game with 4k+ hours into the game basically quit / barely playing anymore because of this. This is not okay.

Edited by Captain Lust
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem with a lot of these players are, they werent really into the game at first, they burned themselves out after 4k hours.  They wanted an WoWs style of game with sails and when it turned into Sid Miers Pirates! the MMO they cried that they had to sail around and look for a fight.  They wanted even pre-arranged fights ever 15min so they can just blow stuff up without consequence.   While others like myself who come from the ancient art of Ultima Online PvP where you stalk, hunt and destroy your prey, and sometimes you get destroyed.  But eitherway you never know if it is going to be 1v1, 1v5 or 5v1. 

So to those "hardcore" PVPers with 4k hours in game I am sorry to see you go but dont let the door hit you in pixel stern.

The thing is they knew "Naval Action Legends" will be coming up but they still gave the new patch a shot and played a few days ( why would they do that when they are burned out and dislike the sailing and looking for fights and all as much as you are implying? Either way they sort of quit for now and i for my part have no problem with them leaving ( i could never beat them anyways so its not like theyre my only worthy opponents or anything ) but it shows you the trend of real pvp players. Personally i play games for pvp and not to club on NPC... its just a fact that you have to do alot pve and carebear **** now if you want to get a competitive pvp ship. Why can't refits be more available over the map? ( it's somewhat like the live oak ports on US prewipe all over again ) Why can't players drop upgrades and skillbooks as loot ( maybe a very small chance to drop a copy of the one that theyre using) ??

Edited by Captain Lust

57 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem with a lot of these players are, they werent really into the game at first, they burned themselves out after 4k hours.  They wanted an WoWs style of game with sails and when it turned into Sid Miers Pirates! the MMO they cried that they had to sail around and look for a fight.  They wanted even pre-arranged fights ever 15min so they can just blow stuff up without consequence.   While others like myself who come from the ancient art of Ultima Online PvP where you stalk, hunt and destroy your prey, and sometimes you get destroyed.  But eitherway you never know if it is going to be 1v1, 1v5 or 5v1. 

So to those "hardcore" PVPers with 4k hours in game I am sorry to see you go but dont let the door hit you in pixel stern.

This 1000x . Now they wilp even get NA Legends and its still not enough for them. They are bitter people who just want to ruin what used to be a good game for everyone. 

Spoiled little babies.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, airborneguy said:

Not for the people that want Insta battles. WOW  has that already. 

Nobody can deny that you need to dedicate a serious amount of time to Naval Action if you want to play on a competitive level with other players in PvP and especially RvR. ( being a carebear on the pve server doing some missions on your basic cutter just for the sake of it is a different story of course) Whether you like this or not depends on you personally of course. I can't fail to notice however that whenever someone ( who presumably has a busy life ) brings this up, you can be sure someone else who probably not only has alot of time on their hands but is also willing to spend it all on the game comes up and drops the generic "git gud m9 or stop complaining and go to WOWS for your quick arcade battles" meme. I enjoy NA alot but if i didn't have this much time for it currently (2-3 hours / day ) i most certainly wouldnt be playing it since i simply wouldnt have the time for it. You should try to see things from the perspective of someone who can not play the game all day long, every day before you comment on the matter, in my honest opinion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, airborneguy said:

Not for the people that want Insta battles. WOW  has that already. 

Um im confused, so ur saying the game is not a time sink for those who want to not sail around for hours and hours looking for decent fleets to fight and so on?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Um im confused, so ur saying the game is not a time sink for those who want to not sail around for hours and hours looking for decent fleets to fight and so on?  

It is but he probably doesn't care because he has enough time ( at least thats my shameless assumption). ;) The sailing is good as is imo but the grind added to it is hefty...

Edited by Captain Lust

Before the discussion is derailed, I want to reiterate what I pointed out before.

The game removed the autonomy of many players, which now demands players to work together through clans, organising. Yes, it is true the game is a time sink, but you have to look at how much fun and stimulus you get out of the time.

Battles is the objective of the game, the OW is the medium which we conduct our battles on and the economy dictates which resources/ships we can afford and use. I want to point out the problem is the resources/ships as it's more difficult and costly than before. Casual players who spend 1-2 hour everyday on the game will have more difficulty to get somewhere than people who spend 5 hours on the game every day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You are looking at this from a PVE players point of view.  Not holding that against you but 90% of the games population are not on the PVE server.  

So for those of us majority we enjoy the hunt and the PVP.  Some like the PVP more than the hunt others like the hunt more than the PVP.  

Um not being funny but a majority of those 90% are whining about the missions being removed, You look everywhere people did not like the change, steam, here  and ingame.

9 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Um not being funny but a majority of those 90% are whining about the missions being removed, You look everywhere people did not like the change, steam, here  and ingame.

Actually the whinners are about 2% of the population.  In fact the reason this game has gotten so fuked up and derailed is about 2% of the people playing have the biggest tears and bitch the most and get things changed to please them. Then of course everyone else is unhappy and the 2% just move on to the next bitchfest.

The mission grinders are the guys who want to sit in capital waters and grind out max level and make billions fighting bots then go do RvR in 1st rates. These are the same people who constantly cry that the ow is scary and to big and to mean. They where a joke on the old pvp2 server. We could take 2 guys and wreck entire fleets of these pve tools because they have no concept of how to play. Then you get them in port battles and they just run into you smashing keys and hoping they cap or sink you.

If you are on a pvp server and want missions to carry you then you dont belong. The missions being taken away was best thing devs did in months.

12 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

I wonder how many would read through Falcon manual nowadays.

Hell, even Command Ops 2 manual, or a thoroughly explanation of game rules like a Kriegspiel based computer game.

Or even go through all the procedures manual in any of the DCS birds.

Easy to ask for a manual that very few of us would read.

The guide makers and documentation makers of the community are eager to see release coming so they can cement all into "paper".

Doran's old manual on combat IS A MANUAL ON HOW TO CONTROL THE SHIPS in battle and is true today as it was back in the day.

Do use the Guides section of the forum.

I don't even remember the last game I actually bought that had a Manual.  Hell most of them didn't even have a tutorial.  It's like games aren't made with them any more cause you can just go on youtube and get some free walk through on how to  start up and play a game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

Missions was and still is an easy source of money that is why.  

You used to be able to take a 3rd rate and farm 4th rate missions and make 100+k per mission in about 20min.  

Now you are hard pressed to make 30-40k in one fleet mission of 6th rates with a 5th rate and pay about 1k in repairs.

100k maybe in a fleet mission not in a solo mission that is for sure. And since we can cap 3rd rates on PvE we just hit 5 rate fleets and get 100k, its the boring sailing that sucks for us, again PvE really needed a different patch.

I think weaker solo Missions for pvp are needed.

11 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

100k maybe in a fleet mission not in a solo mission that is for sure. And since we can cap 3rd rates on PvE we just hit 5 rate fleets and get 100k, its the boring sailing that sucks for us, again PvE really needed a different patch.

I think weaker solo Missions for pvp are needed.

Poor PvE players. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, airborneguy said:

Poor PvE players. 

Ah Poor PvP players they have to grind and work, you guys brought this on your self, And before you say it PvE players bring in the income the gold for the Eco...No gold = no one buying stuff, no one buying stuff = no one crafting = no more ships = no PVP.

Idk how hard it is to get into that PVP mind that a PvE player basically makes sure u can PvP, without mission runners and Traders you do not get supplies or Ships to fight in PvP since you can not cap npc ships the only source is a crafter and if he can not make money because no one is selling  him cheap goods and mats to make ships then welp you do not get ships its simple eco work.

Producers (PvEers) > Crafters > Buyers (Pvpers)

Maybe you do not understand my English?  

P.S End game is kinda boring now, what next? We got 1st rates now what next? Sadly PvE server has no end game content, at least PvP is there for you.

Edited by ironhammer500
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

Ah Poor PvP players they have to grind and work, you guys brought this on your self, And before you say it PvE players bring in the income the gold for the Eco...No gold = no one buying stuff, no one buying stuff = no one crafting = no more ships = no PVP.

Idk how hard it is to get into that PVP mind that a PvE player basically makes sure u can PvP, without mission runners and Traders you do not get supplies or Ships to fight in PvP since you can not cap npc ships the only source is a crafter and if he can not make money because no one is selling  him cheap goods and mats to make ships then welp you do not get ships its simple eco work.

Producers (PvEers) > Crafters > Buyers (Pvpers)

Maybe you do not understand my English?  

P.S End game is kinda boring now, what next? We got 1st rates now what next? Sadly PvE server has no end game content, at least PvP is there for you.

Sooooo join pvp server?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Unless there is some magical portal between the PVE server and the 2 PVP servers I dont see how this works.  And I am sure he understands your English just fine.

I dont think u guys understand me, because ur on a PvP server does not make you a PvP player...to be a PvP player you must fight other players...ok....PvE will be traders people who only trade but play on Pvp server for idk the fun, pop w.e same with Missions grinders who dont do PvP but play on PvP server are still PvE players.

You guys understand now? Not everyone on PvP is always fighting another player unless PvP server is just arena fighting now.