Game-Labs Forum

Population distribution

Didn't see this one so if the mods want to combine them please do. I posted about this yesterday. It would be nice to get a baseline number of how the population is doing and how the nations is broke up in from total numbers. This will be a nice baseline number for us. Than do a tally at the end of the month.   It would help folks who want to maybe move nations cause one is over populated and such.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Would be nice if we can get an answer from this post topic or mine.  They should really both be merged as It's the same topic just one is from a EU player and the other is starter from a Global player.  Would be nice if we can get the current numbers of active players per nation on both servers.  I still have yet to set up my chars on EU cause I might play on there at some time in the future when it's slow and I want a change, but I'm not going to pick nations with certain being over populated.  Just like some EU players might want to pick nations on Global to play on there off times when they aren't doing stuff on EU.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, monk33y said:

The Devs seem to have entered media blackout! 

I wonder if it has anything to do with generals getting more and more content! 

Yah different team, though when they get silent like this normally means update or some patch.  Though would be nice that they give us some info like this.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

Let be fair, last time they gave us information most of us wished they hadn't. The last patch due info killed off the server populations...

This game won't survive with game mechanics they have right now. Huge time sink with no content. Those numbers you see are log in for 2-5 mins and log out. We can't count that as population. They said do not expect anything for up to 5 months. With this in mind, expect huge population drop and half of them will never return. Do not forget about another wipe. In addition many will be disappointed and will provide bad reviews to protect new customers.

In the end, even with new UI and some new additions like boarding or few new ships game will last only 2 months after release with population decline due to 'Skull and Bones/Sea of Thieves' competition. We are talking non stop action, 5vs5 open world and more... compared to long empty ocean sail with nothing to do in NA. It's clear what customer will pick and even with NA Legends (I personally think it's a waste of time, go play potbs skirmish instead, same thing) I do not think they will be able to survive and restore company name. 

Edited by Lordicious

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

Let be fair, last time they gave us information most of us wished they hadn't. The last patch due info killed off the server populations...

The info about population numbers didn't kill off the servers.  What did was taking a billion months to get the patch into place is what killed the server population as folks figured why play if every thing was going to get wiped.  This is data they should had out in a month of the merge/patch and than again prob another month later when they gave out the second forged papers to allow us to balance the server population a bit better.  Right not it's not balanced at all on GLOBAL and I'm sure EU prob has some what the same problem for some nations.  

Which reminds me I kinda do need to log in over there some time.   Though I don't want to create chars until I know the server pop for that server.  Hell same for PvE.

• 2 weeks later...

All we know book like Boatswain (6-7 rates). This book you can see almost in every ports.

The books are drop out from NPC.  I think quantity of this book in the shops can give some information about population of the nation.

I just counted the quantity of this book in the capitals, but there are other regions where it is very much.

• Mortimer Town (Pirates) - 275
  • La Habana ( España) - 71
  • Kingston / Port Royal ( Great Britain) - 167
  • Christiansted ( Danmark-Norge) - 127
  • Gustavia ( Sverige) - 210
  • Fort-Royal ( France) - 112
  • Willemstad ( Verenigde Provinciën) - 86
  • Charleston ( United States) - 36

37 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I think quantity of this book in the shops can give some information about population of the nation.

I think this rather gives information about the level of npc capturing activity of the nation.

Which server are these taken from?

2 hours ago, AlteSocken said:

I think this rather gives information about the level of npc capturing activity of the nation.

Which server are these taken from?

Looks like EU.  

Seeing the REALLY low numbers on the US side and high numbers for the Swedes.