Game-Labs Forum

Pirates and ships.

Okay, I just realized that pirates cannot build third, second or first class ships What are we supossed to do then ? How are we supposed to defend a deep water harbour ?

I don't think it's right at all, it seems like a disadvantage to me.

Edited by Sermion
  • Like 1

We can still build them, but we have to get the permits and BP's.  So you will either have to trade for them with a national of one of the other 7 nations (cause pirates are a nation too) or use an alt to get them.

Now what I don't think is fair is pirates get one 5th rate the Pirate Frigate, but the other 7 nations get 8 ships in there's.  They get the Aggy and all the SOL's.  I have been stating they should give the pirates the H. Rattler to keep the special with the 5th rates and below and the other nations can be specials with the 4th rates and above. Still only two ships, but at least that is better than just one.  If they think that is unfair than just give us the Rattler and the Niagara. 

• Like 2

Correction - Pirate's Den items, not pirates.

Let's be clear, as much as we can, when passing information, please.

Further comment - Transactions between outlaw nation and unscrupulous navy captains may occur, no ?

• Like 3

Keep it as it is or remove even more of the BPs.

Pirates aren´t ship builders, they are meant to capture ships they want to use...

I hope one day the devs will actually make them pirates and not a "bastard" nation. 

58 minutes ago, Sermion said:

So, if the pirates aren't ship builders, don't you think that we should, at least, capture the AI ships ?

Bingo. People say "well just go capture one" oh sure, let me just round up ten pirate buddies in fifth and sixth rates... except I will need more than that, because due to the rarity of high rates now, only an idiot would be caught in the OW solo in one.

• Like 2

People have been griping over this little chestnut for ages, only thing that will fix it is a proper pirate patch with raiding mechanics, decent perks and ships that give pirates the advantage in the smaller ships and frigates.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, monk33y said:

Tex if you read what the admin has already stated pirates should have no access to bps from other nations!! 

Yah they should have there own BP's.  That was the problem with what they set up, they didn't balance it.  If your goign to give 7/8th's of the map factions an edge than you need to give that 1/8th group it's own edge.  There has been many comments that have stated things that would help balance things out.  We are missinging a few low level ships in game right now that would work great as pirate raid ships so they are pretty much the master of the shallows while the other nations can be the deep water master.   

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

I am not a pirate, but I agree with Sir Texas, that the pirates do need more "pirate" things in their den.  

But they should not have access to making SoL, from their Den/Admiralty store.   If they want one, they should trade, or capture one, in either case they will be rarer, and expensive. 

Yah most of us are fine with the trade thing if we got something in return to like more 5th-7th rates that might be pirate only or special.  I stated give us the Heavy Rattler in return, but bet you we will hear a shit storm from all the Nationals if we had this ship and they didn't in there shop.  I think it's funny they don't have a problem with us being limited, but lets put some limtis on them.  I'll mention one below.

6 hours ago, Bommel said:

Keep it as it is or remove even more of the BPs.

Pirates aren´t ship builders, they are meant to capture ships they want to use...

I hope one day the devs will actually make them pirates and not a "bastard" nation. 

I'm going to bet your a National Player aren't you?  That or you don't get into PvP or RvR much?  Just wondering cause most of the folks that want to take more away from pirates aren't the pirates.   THough I agree we need to be Pirates and not a bastard nation or the redheaded step child.

4 hours ago, Sermion said:

So, if the pirates aren't ship builders, don't you think that we should, at least, capture the AI ships ?

Even better if you want us to be more pirate like than we get to capture ship, all ships up to 4th rates or even lets make it 5th rates for sure.  Than we can say 4th rates and SOL's we can only capture players ships.  Though on the flip of this Naval offers weren't allowed to keep there prizes, so they can not capture any ship other than plaeyrs 5th rates an below.  If they capture a 4th rate or SOL it will be sent back to the Admiralty and they are paid a prize.  So in effect only pirates can capture SOL's not nationals.  Than take us out of the conquest and have perm lands/ports to raid out of and give us a proper raid system so we can be more pirate like.

3 hours ago, Snoggy said:

People have been griping over this little chestnut for ages, only thing that will fix it is a proper pirate patch with raiding mechanics, decent perks and ships that give pirates the advantage in the smaller ships and frigates.

Yep until we get a proper pirate mechanics and not treated as a Nation by the Devs than we should be treated like one of the 8 Nations as long as we are appart of the Conquest system too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm going to bet your a National Player aren't you?  That or you don't get into PvP or RvR much?  Just wondering cause most of the folks that want to take more away from pirates aren't the pirates.   THough I agree we need to be Pirates and not a bastard nation or the redheaded step child.

Yes I am, and I do not only want to take away from them, I want them to act like pirates, so they can be treated like pirates and be given their own mechanics.

If you act like a national, you will get treated like a national. I mean how many of you pirates do actually play like a pirate?

Why do you join pirates if you still want to take part in RvR? You know you can technically take part, but you will be at a disadvantage (unless the player uses multiple accounts which makes all those restrictions useless) and yet you ask for stuff to be more competitive in RvR?

And just to make it clear, I do not have a personal problem with you, I just don´t understand why you think you should/have to get involved in RvR and crafting allthough you flying the black flag? Treat those RvR or crafting mechanics that you still have as leftover code, and show the devs that there are actually enough players who want to act like pirates.

Maybe then they will have the motivation to do some coding work and give you piratey mechanics?

Well if we pirates have to capture this ships at least we should get the bonus of capturing AI ships, and if we cannot build big ships because it's not realistic at all then Spanish should be the only one's having the Santisima Trinidad if anyone wants it from other nation has to capture it. Victory the same locked for brits if anyone wants it has to capture it. I don't know but we should have at least some kind of different bonus if we cannot build big ships.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hodo said:

Then you screw nations that HAD SoLs but arent modeled in game yet.  Like the French, Danes, and Swedes.  

Why? it's as easy as making ships for them at least for france, maybe Denmark and Sweden can have the same rule as spain or brits or french until more ships are made for the game. It's not that hard to be honest, cause right now it's not that bad, but soon it's gonna be hard for pirates.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:52 PM, Bommel said:

Yes I am, and I do not only want to take away from them, I want them to act like pirates, so they can be treated like pirates and be given their own mechanics.

If you act like a national, you will get treated like a national. I mean how many of you pirates do actually play like a pirate?

Why do you join pirates if you still want to take part in RvR? You know you can technically take part, but you will be at a disadvantage (unless the player uses multiple accounts which makes all those restrictions useless) and yet you ask for stuff to be more competitive in RvR?

And just to make it clear, I do not have a personal problem with you, I just don´t understand why you think you should/have to get involved in RvR and crafting allthough you flying the black flag? Treat those RvR or crafting mechanics that you still have as leftover code, and show the devs that there are actually enough players who want to act like pirates.

Maybe then they will have the motivation to do some coding work and give you piratey mechanics?

I think national players need to just shut up and leave it be. Until we have our own mechanics and aren't treated like Nationals than we are still Nationals.  How about Nationals act like Nationals and actually fight each other and stop worrying about what pirates do or don't do until we attack you and than you can slap us around and put us in place. Until than why don't you worry about your own play.  It's getting old with the "Well your not a nation."  Well according to Devs we are and last I checked they make the rules not you.   

Oh and most of us pirates want to be more like pirates and have our own mechanics so we can be, but until we get that and we aren't treated like some bastard nation than we will continue to act like them.

Here here tex! It brings me lots of enjoyment when I see nationals saying "why don't pirates act like pirates" but when these same nationals refuse to act like nationals. Wanting unlimited resources, wanting the be allies with historic enemy's... The list goes on and on. Did pirates capture ports. Yes! Did pirates capture entire regions no! Did nationals get court marshall'd for loosing ships yes! Did only the wealthiest get to captain a ship, he'll yes!

It's a non argument really we all belong to a nation in one sense or another! 

• Like 2