Game-Labs Forum

Make Dock Space Port Specific, Not Global Capped

What happened to me was, that i captured a ship sailed to port and was trapped. I couldnt crew both ships so i couldnt sail out of port again and I couldnt put my captured ship to my dock because of the limitation.

So what should I do? I decided to dismiss the fleetship. But thats kind of stupid because you get nothing for it. At least it would be handy to sell or break up the ship at the habour fleet screen without to put it on docks first.

Edited by z4ys

I just posted on this in another thread. I got caught when I bought a ship in one of my three ports then found I could not afford the guns and could not TP out to pick up my cutter (on the other side of the map) because I now have 6 ships in 3 ports. So I must sail without guns to one of my other ports to get rid a ship or pick up my basic cutter so I can grind again to get guns. Luckily I had enough money to buy crew to get the minimum number or I would have been stuck in port unable sail or TP.

What, exactly, was wrong with the old system? I like being able to have more than five ships in one spot, but why are we limited to 20 ships max and have to pay ridiculous amounts of gold to open that amount? I like the old docks system better overall.

The game is being slowed down. This is a very simple way of adding ballance between the big population nations and the smaller. If anything being in a high population nation you are at a big disadvantage, this will adjust over time!

All I'd like is to see (this maybe available already I'm only 2 days into this patch) is the workyard allowing you to store two ships while they are being broken up. The break up should take 6hours tho 

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! 

Before was easy mode, now it's hard mode. The Devs are testing for ballance (I'll be honest I don't think the Devs have a clue most of the time but I am gaining belief in them) 

The game currently adds ballance!  Big and small nations are even! 

36 minutes ago, monk33y said:

The game is being slowed down. This is a very simple way of adding ballance between the big population nations and the smaller. If anything being in a high population nation you are at a big disadvantage, this will adjust over time!

All I'd like is to see (this maybe available already I'm only 2 days into this patch) is the workyard allowing you to store two ships while they are being broken up. The break up should take 6hours tho 

Sorry I am not sure that I understand the connection between number of slots and balance between large and small populations? Wont this effect all nations equally?

If it is not a ship you really want it might be worth to put it immediately on sale.

That or find a prize master that pays you for captured ships.

I think that if we find ourselves in the situation where we captured so many ships we completed our basic quota then we are doing it very very good :)

Trader Brigs are in high demand at the moment and easy to sell. Surprises as well.

2 hours ago, SeamanStaines said:

Sorry I am not sure that I understand the connection between number of slots and balance between large and small populations? Wont this effect all nations equally?

That's the point!!!  All nation's are currently equal.