Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.0

admin

Hotfix was deployed today

Fixes

• Santo Domingo county became neutral on the PVE server. All coal producing counties will become neutral by end of the week on pve server to provide options to make coal. 
  • On the pvp server coal is a conquest resource and nations must capture it from others to be able to make advanced guns
  • Capture zones updated for port battles in West end and Marsh harbour
  • Fixed bug with negative rewards for delivery orders
  • Ports no longer buy ships at zero and purchase them at 30% of base price
  • More logs added to find the disappearing UI bug
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix was deployed today

Fixes

• Santo Domingo county became neutral on the PVE server. All coal producing counties will become neutral by end of the week on pve server to provide options to make coal. 
  • On the pvp server coal is a conquest resource and nations must capture it from others to be able to make advanced guns
  • Capture zones updated for port battles in West end and Marsh harbour
  • Fixed bug with negative rewards for delivery orders
  • Ports no longer buy ships at zero and purchase them at 30% of base price
  • More logs added to find the disappearing UI bug

Could you expand on the "Coal is a conquest resource"?  Is coal not going to be a minable resource?  Is Coal only going to be available from AI trader ships?  Or is coal only a reward for conquering ports?  

Edited by Salty Dog PVP1

5 minutes ago, Rickard said:

only a few ports have coal and therfor the nations need to fight over it (PBs)... mayby coal wassint the best resource to do this with.

I agree, it is a core item.  Without coal you cannot craft cannons or ships.  So to take a coal port, you will need to attack with inferior ships and inferior cannons.... what could go wrong?  

• Like 4

Prob should add you moved Coal from Morgan Bluff to Kemp Bay (might of moved other places).  Thanks now I'm out of the credits for the outpost and buildings for putting up production in that port.  Was anything else by chance moved?

Guess I'll break the Basic Cutter out to grind some more credits to pay for the abandon fee and than new pout post an buildings.   GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND.....haven't been seeing much Naval Action at all......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Prob should add you moved Coal from Morgan Bluff to Kemp Bay (might of moved other places).  Thanks now I'm out of the credits for the outpost and buildings for putting up production in that port.  Was anything else by chance moved?

Guess I'll break the Basic Cutter out to grind some more credits to pay for the abandon fee and than new pout post an buildings.   GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND.....haven't been seeing much Naval Action at all......

I've seen plenty of action, in fact one of your guys got a PVP mark off of me. (yes, I'm a PVP noob) Take a few days and enjoy it, find some battles in the basic cutter wait for econ later. :)

2 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I've seen plenty of action, in fact one of your guys got a PVP mark off of me. (yes, I'm a PVP noob) Take a few days and enjoy it, find some battles in the basic cutter wait for econ later. :)

My basic cutter is maxed out all 5 slots unlocked on both chars.  So don't tell me to take the time cause I hate the little thing and want to move up into bigger ships, but I want the Cannons I want on it and not a bunch of mediums.   

Ever seen what 9 basic cutters can do to an LVG?  Yah we took one down yesterday cause we where so tired of grinding fleets to get xp and credits.  Sorry we don't want to be a bunch of newbie cutter ships.  We want to be in ships we enjoy playing.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

dont destroy anything

we will move it back to that city. its an id bug

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

I agree, it is a core item.  Without coal you cannot craft cannons or ships.  So to take a coal port, you will need to attack with inferior ships and inferior cannons.... what could go wrong?  

Nothing will go wrong. The strongest will be winning. For friendly jousting there will be Naval Action Legends. Open world game is a uncompromising war-game now where the strongest wins and hears lamentations of enemy women in chat.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Nothing will go wrong. The strongest will be winning. For friendly jousting there will be Naval Action Legends. Open world game is a uncompromising war-game now where the strongest wins and hears lamentations of enemy women in chat.  

and the nations without coal can not craft anything.  Being able to craft is kinda important.  Won't this make make the nations with coal impossible for a non-coal producing nation?  I get the idea of having precious resources for a nation to focus on getting..... BUT COAL?  Without coal, a nation is kinda screwed.  Not having access to a type of wood I could understand because you can build other wood type of ships, but coal is kind of a core resource to, well, craft anything.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I hate the Cutter with a passion, I have found it to be the MOST painful ship to play, it sits to low in the water, it is crap to sail, and is a horrible ship to teach on.   The missions are screwed up also which doesnt help matters.   A midshipman mission puts a basic cutter vs a Privateer... LOL really?!  While I can take a Privateer no problem imagine some noob trying that, it is game killing for many noobs.

The best solution I have heard has been start everyone in a basic BRIG!  OMG an actual square sail ship with 2 masts that would you could learn to manual sail on. And not have half your guns under water every time you fire.  

While not part of the patch info I think this is kinda a good point.  Maybe have when the tutorial come out they get a Basic cutter and then basic brig to play with and learn both ships types..

I love the Privater and would prefer to be in it, but it was cheaper for every one to just stay in cutters yesterday for grinding out xp for the unlock and get gold for starting the game.  I haven't moved up in ships cause I'm one of the ship builders in clan and wanted to get our econ up and going.  

Though we did have a blast the few hours running around doing missions north of Mort in 9 basic cutters.  It was like a pack of rats on every thing.  Spent more time playing bumper cars int he fleet missions and laughing at the guys on fire cause they have open mag perk.  That LVG was in fireshock as one guy was in boarding with it.  He won with 3 crew left and it didn't blow up. I was sitting stand by with full crew and 100% board prep telling him to back out.  SO yah we are having fun, but we got to get things rolling too.

Back to COAL topic if you look at the locations there is a lot of them spread out all over so it won't be hard for most nations to get them. I think there are more Coal ports than there was silver ports.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

We shall see how that goes...

Being a PVPer myself it doesnt bother me much.. but I can imagine the griping and bitching that will happen when people get out of cutters and start building ships again, in a couple of weeks.  

ok, as a PVPer, how fun are you going to have when other nations have longs and caros but your stuck with mediums because your nation doesn't have coal and cant craft cannons?  Or consider how fun it will be when other nations have crafted ships but you need to slug it out with store bought ships because your nation cant craft ships.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

While not part of the patch info I think this is kinda a good point.  Maybe have when the tutorial come out they get a Basic cutter and then basic brig to play with and learn both ships types..

I love the Privater and would prefer to be in it, but it was cheaper for every one to just stay in cutters yesterday for grinding out xp for the unlock and get gold for starting the game.  I haven't moved up in ships cause I'm one of the ship builders in clan and wanted to get our econ up and going.  

Though we did have a blast the few hours running around doing missions north of Mort in 9 basic cutters.  It was like a pack of rats on every thing.  Spent more time playing bumper cars int he fleet missions and laughing at the guys on fire cause they have open mag perk.  That LVG was in fireshock as one guy was in boarding with it.  He won with 3 crew left and it didn't blow up. I was sitting stand by with full crew and 100% board prep telling him to back out.  SO yah we are having fun, but we got to get things rolling too.

Back to COAL topic if you look at the locations there is a lot of them spread out all over so it won't be hard for most nations to get them. I think there are more Coal ports than there was silver ports.

what I'm getting at is the US doesn't have a coal port.  Until we are able to capture a coal port we cannot craft cannons or ships.  That is going to make it tough to capture a coal port because the US will need to be using store bought ships and medium cannons whereas the port we are attacking may have crafted ships and long/caro guns

7 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

ok, as a PVPer, how fun are you going to have when other nations have longs and caros but your stuck with mediums because your nation doesn't have coal and cant craft cannons?  Or consider how fun it will be when other nations have crafted ships but you need to slug it out with store bought ships because your nation cant craft ships.

As a pvpler I can tell you "go out and capture the damn things" :-) 

That's how I got my 6pd or pickle.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

what I'm getting at is the US doesn't have a coal port.  Until we are able to capture a coal port we cannot craft cannons or ships.  That is going to make it tough to capture a coal port because the US will need to be using store bought ships and medium cannons whereas the port we are attacking may have crafted ships and long/caro guns

Looks like ya'll should be getting that region just south of ya'll as it has coal.  I was actually looking at that cause we where thinking crap the US is prob going to hit us in the Bahama's and try to take what we have. Though we have it in Rum Cove too, but Kidd's island is a bit of a long distance for any production for most folks.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You're French correct? 

Well it is easy to find PVP in the windward isles... try the East Coast of the US.. there is NO ONE ELSE.

There is a group of them in the La Tort area too that been patrolling our trade ships that make the Mort to La Tort run.  I lost my Trader Brig this morning.

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The thing is I am fine with medium guns but I have been in 6th rates a lot lately on the test server so it doesnt effect me much.   BUT I agree it will lead to a real firepower balance issues.  Not even counting the guns problem.   The thing that concerns me more is the ship building impact.  No coal means no fittings, no fittings, mean no ships.

iron fittings require charcoal

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The thing is I am fine with medium guns but I have been in 6th rates a lot lately on the test server so it doesnt effect me much.   BUT I agree it will lead to a real firepower balance issues.  Not even counting the guns problem.   The thing that concerns me more is the ship building impact.  No coal means no fittings, no fittings, mean no ships.

Do fittings now need coal? I am not in game right now, but last Testbed build they just needed iron ingots, and iron ingots used charcoal.

3rd rates probably need coal for coins, but the quantities will be tiny. It's mainly long guns and carros that need coal.

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I find it funny that the United States, has no coal ports, yet historically they had coal, it was a major export well into the 20th century.

us coast has 2 coal sources. (but because of history they are Spanish and French)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Could you expand on the "Coal is a conquest resource"?  Is coal not going to be a minable resource?  Is Coal only going to be available from AI trader ships?  Or is coal only a reward for conquering ports?  

For info, it's the other way round. If it's a craftable resource (like coal, silver and gold) you need to conquer the port to get it. If it is a seeded resource (like sabicu, caguairan, teak, live oak, white oak, cedar and all these new refit ingredients) all you need is a smuggler flag, though an outpost will make it easier getting to market to collect when fresh.

5 minutes ago, Remus said:

Do fittings now need coal? I am not in game right now, but last Testbed build they just needed iron ingots, and iron ingots used charcoal.

3rd rates probably need coal for coins, but the quantities will be tiny. It's mainly long guns and carros that need coal.

Thanks.... perhaps I'm basing my comments on pre-patch requirements.  So coal is not needed for ingots and you can build ships without coal?

2 minutes ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Thanks.... perhaps I'm basing my comments on pre-patch requirements.  So coal is not needed for ingots and you can build ships without coal?

Used for silver and gold coins, all long guns and the three biggest carronades only, last time I looked.

Edit: I cannot remember what the mortar needs.

Edited by Remus

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Iron ingots what do they need to be crafted?

iron ore and charcoal (5:1 if memory serves). Charcoal needs oak in a ratio I have forgotten.

Total LH [edit: and gold] works out almost exactly the same, but you need far fewer hours of an oak forest building than you used to need of a coal mine, unless it has changed (it may well have).

Edited by Remus
  • Like 1