Game-Labs Forum

Maybe is it time to...

PIerrick de Badas

2 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Would there be a point of having the casual players who will mainly play on PVP Europe to be represented on PVP Global?

I'm honestly wondering.

No it's just people who are seeing the recent numbers on the server and starting to think......maybe it's not such a good idea split everybody up.  

• Like 1

Just now, Intrepido said:

The recent numbers of the servers are more due to the wipe. People are taking a break, which is good.

Breaks are good.  We didn't really recover population wise from the hostility patch port wipe.  Prior we were seeing over 800+ on the servers usually daily.  Post it was 600 or less.  I'm not sure we're gonna recover from this one.  I saw 33 people on last night, it's never been that bad before.

19 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Don't make it sound so bleak Chris!  You can't forget the magical influx of 300,000 wish-listers plus their 3 alts a piece!  We'll have more players than we know what do with post-launch! We'll probably need 24 servers, one for each time zone plus overflow to deal with all those players. We're going to get so tired of winning! It's gonna be great! :rolleyes:

I don't think i've actually ever purchased a game from my wishlist before.  

On ‎30‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 2:45 PM, Wraith said:

Not to be pedantic here but you just acknowledged that we play the same game and then claim we have nothing in common? Logic not coming easily to you underscores you probably don't have the insight to realize that communities are often built around one thing in common. The fact that we both care enough about the game to post in the forums is evidence enough to claim we have something in common.

What we don't share, clearly, is the foresight to realize that splitting the player base between your carebear server and the Global server is bad for everyone. Certainly in the short term and I think most likely in the long term. But we'll see just how many people bother to stick around longer than six months post release...

Many games have different servers for different timezones. I have no problem with that :)

You do:)

12 hours ago, Borch said:

I'm just quoting Plerrick to point out for everyone (if someone still didn't noticed) his contribution into fixing NA community.

He deserve a medal. I hope that you devs are noticing people like him.

thanks you. With the alliance off system we are finnaly able to pickup any nation on global too specially if they are giving max rank for everyone insteeed of giving redemeable.

Will see

On 3/28/2017 at 6:08 PM, Christendom said:

Keirrip has been the only nation leader of on that side that can see the forest for the trees.  So I give props to him.  I made an effort to see what he had to say and even so far as to commit the US nation to a deal if they agreed.  Instead I got to listen to Svenno talk about how fair his side was playing as they were actively logging out infront of ports for the next days battles...

I and many others have no desire to remain cordial with a group of players that are now going to cause the developers to fracture the player base and probably kill off the game in the process because they can't accept that the game is played at times when they can't be online.  How selfish. 

Any whiff of these players staying or planning on returning and we'll stay right where we are.

They went and pissed in their pool and the devs decided to make them another one while the rest of us are still swimming in their water.  Don't come back, we'll clean up the mess

Exactly. They fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in asia" but only slightly well known is this "never declare war and piss off enemies who can cover all time zones".

On 3/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, PIerrick de Badas said:

I hope thoses who planned to make an account on both server will not use it to ruin diplomacy :S

I have had chars on all the servers and in mulit nations and I have never used it this way so why would I start, but by thinking we would I would be tempted to go do just that.   The numbers that would go out of there way to do such is so small it wouldn't make the votes much difference.

I guess most of those who are still heavily posting in this forum, those who project themselve to be active in both servers, those who discuss franticly about alliances, those who are speculating about number of players coming back after the wipe; 

Are the one who can afford spending hours every day into NA.

It looks like those are totaly forgetting about the large amount of occasional players. For these occasional players the wipe means many hours of crafting, of sailing & trading before being able to pay attention about diplomacy and conquest.with descent ships. Most of them left NA testing because they reached limits of interest as the economy was jamed, the crafting was polluted by redeemables, the fighting merits were only collective or ramdom.

These occasional players will come back massively after the wipe as it's gonna be a new game to be tested. At this stage NA's balance is gonna be completly unpredictable.

So all that can be done untill the wipe is to be patient and experiment progressively in testbed

• Like 4