Game-Labs Forum

The Overwhelming Inbalance on PvP1:

Yar Matey

22 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Ergo more hardcore.

Not all all

SORRY was way more hardcore flipping even 6-7 port in 1 day having costantly 30 ppl on for 12h+,     But brits organization as "nation" was always superior to pirate one as nation.    The danes also where more hadcore  with almost a single clan doing all the heavy lift,  i doubt brits could log out an entire fleet and expect all 25 to showup exactly in that moment, danes could becouse where mainly 2 clans doing it (and clans cohesion > national )

Organization and hadcore are not the same thing.      You can organize pretty well tons of casuals with current 2day pre pb time.      Brits will not be strong as you think in a flag pb enviroment.  They will struggle form up a fleet with just 1h of time and be there with a full 25. Due the nature of the general pop (hardly hardcore) 

Beside that  our coalition comunicate daily, between commanders, we share discord, we join each other ts3, plan anything as a coalition. (expecial dutch-brit we almost operate as 1 nation ) I never seen danes or spain players helping in castries. and tbh yesterday we got 70+ ppl Ok a lot, but between 600 ppl online remove even 100 pirates (generous estimation)  and 75 brits there ,the other 400  where yours, so you not lack numbers, you lack coalition cohesion and communitary effort.

Even usa where down in good numbers soo far for their home for help.      I rarely see more then 2 of your 4 nations putting effort in your attacks. Or you telling me spain/danes could not rally 20-30 ppl at 22-23.00 eu time?  Not a single 1 was there

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Oh, yes, this is the statement of the BR/US/DU alliance that let the ducht be 2-ported not so long ago.

You mean when the new system and port wipe were announced and RVR ground to a halt?  Keep in mind the US was still recovering from its own 1port drama that the Spanish stabbed us in the back on.  You didn't mention that.  But yea shit that happened months ago is relevant...

Keep making excuses for why the Spanish never show up to help their allies.  It's really working out for you.  

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

You mean when the new system and port wipe were announced and RVR ground to a halt?  Keep in mind the US was still recovering from its own 1port drama that the Spanish stabbed us in the back on.  You didn't mention that.  But yea shit that happened months ago is relevant...

Keep making excuses for why the Spanish never show up to help their allies.  It's really working out for you.  

No, sir, I mean when our coalition decided to go down to the south and fight in other's playground instead of ours.

I mean when we bravely defeated  both the brits and the dutch in the same day at Barranquilla (for a week or more) holding our position there and continuing our expansion to dutch waters close to their capital. And you can say what you want, but at that time there was a war going on and nobody cared about the wipe. We coordinated our efforts and won, and you (the US) and the brits left the dutch alone.

Now things are different, because the danes decided not to defend their ports and we are waiting to see what is decided by devs or by ourselves, the players.

2 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

No, sir, I mean when our coalition decided to go down to the south and fight in other's playground instead of ours.

I mean when we bravely defeated  both the brits and the dutch in the same day at Barranquilla (for a week or more) holding our position there and continuing our expansion to dutch waters close to their capital. And you can say what you want, but at that time there was a war going on and nobody cared about the wipe. We coordinated our efforts and won, and you (the US) and the brits left the dutch alone.

Now things are different, because the danes decided not to defend their ports and we are waiting to see what is decided by devs or by ourselves, the players.

No offence if you wait for the devs to save you, you will be very disappointed..      and for the players i would not count on that also.    So work on your coalition cohesion is better..

Every nation has its highs and crushing lows.

Brits- high now! Low when aus clan turned black and crushed British resistance.

Dutch- high now. Low, being pushed back to a single port before last big patch.

Pirate- high, pushing the USA to a single few ports, owning 1 4th of map. Low, being pushed back to a few ports and having all nation's launch flags against them.

Danes- high, last few months. Low, now and next few months.

Do you get it?! We all win, we all loose sometime

4 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Which just conveniently happened right around the time the port wipe was announced and RVR basically stopped.  Good work though....

The Spanish haven't been showing up to help well before the Dane fleet gave up.  In fact I'd say your greatest contribution to your alliance was letting the Danes cap a few of your ports during the alliance down time.  I've seen multiple French up at Islamorada, do you guys not return favors?

But yea I guess the point of this thread was to say the alliances are too strong.  You're right.  I apologize that we leave home waters and help each other out. 

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

The whining of alliance sizes is getting old.  No, your side isn't smaller, it just participates less.  Know who I didn't see outside Castries yesterday?  The Spanish.  The Danes.  Barely any Swedes.  Know who I did see outside?  Multiple US players of various clans.  20+ Dutch players.  MULTIPLE Brit clans.  

You don't have a population issue, you have a problem with your organization and a lack of commitment from your allies.  This notion of ALWAYS sending in your elite RUS/RDNN fleet is absurd.  You have to rotate the fleets to appease the rest of your player base.    

I and my clan personally sail to almost every battle within our time zone, our EU guys do the same.  We have multiple ports throughout the SE and E parts of the map.  I spent multiple hours last week on a number of trips, it sucks but I do it.  The Dutch do it.  The Brits do it.  When we can't make the sail, we let our allies know.

Our alliance diplos/leaders speak multiple times a week, usually daily.  Sometimes too much.....  All of us are on a combined alliance Discord server, even LV is on there chatting away.  A lot of us grind missions together and simply hang out in each other's TS servers to shoot the shit.  Our alliance channels are very chatty.  

You have communication or organization issues somewhere.  Maybe both.  Why is it our responsibility to balance things because you guys can't get your shit together.  Why should one of us jump sides and join that mess.  No thanks.

This is not a number of players issue.   

The decline in players through the past year and RvR participators from our coalition is leaving due to night-flips = no player issue. How do this make sense to you?

Sure, it must have been hard for US to organize, acquiring delicate skills and with a great sense of tactics, admirable strength and persistence, you truly stood against all odds and defeated the great DSFS alliance. Your brilliance is admirable and for all of the server to know that US had risen from the dead and revenged their allies and friends.

I can imagine all the effort you went trough: "Hey guys, lets go attack our EU enemy nations 3AM multiple times in a month during workdays - after they stop caring because of fake attacks, we take their ports." 

The "great" victory is not so great when you don't win any battles. You sure are trying though. Kinda takes the glitter of it, yea? That's why you are so persistent, that nothing is wrong with the current mechanics and night-flips. :) No battle no victory. You haven't done anything particular to take the danish ports, except attacking 2-3AM, even fake attacking MANY times to make us stop defending.

It's easier to say to us we don't organize well enough. Your allies have a 48 hour notice on the map made it easy enough for allies to see when PB is gonna happen. Don't you think thats also why the british can muster so many people before a PB to defend for them? We and our allies are playing EU time, even if there is a PB 2AM on a tuesday, it will not attract people from our side. From yours, sure its your primetime. So much for your the great organization lol

Some other dude said "after last wipe US raised from the dust" hahaha. You guys are seriously the most fun dudes, you are really really funny, Christendom, Hodo, Wraith - aah and Leku also. Thankyou. 

Edited by E.P. Juel

9 hours ago, rediii said:

The problem is that you guys don't stomp us with gameplay and better portbattlefleets or just by winning portbattles. You guys stomp us with boredom (kiting portbattlesfleets, which both sides do i guess because it's a valid tactic atm) and the flips at non EU primetimes. That has realy hit our morale and many don't give a shit anymore. Also the mighty screening is a factor but again, it's a valid tactic atm.

Pampatar, La vega, Savannah and Santo Domingo were not lost because of a good portbattles, they were lost because we had not the possibility to field enough players.

And you Beat the Dutch before the wipe with fake flags, x simultaneous attacks, log outs in front of ports with flags on traders lynxes, flag trading and so on and so on, ... I don't see a difference. Use of game mechanics to maximum advantage. Just different mechanics. 

4 minutes ago, E.P. Juel said:

The decline in players through the past year and RvR participators from our coalition is leaving due to night-flips = no player issue. How do this make sense to you?

Sure, it must have been hard for US to organize, acquiring delicate skills and with a great sense of tactics, admirable strength and persistence, you truly stood against all odds and defeated the great DSFS alliance. Your brilliance is admirable and for all of the server to know that US had risen from the dead and revenged their allies and friends.

I can imagine all the effort you went trough: "Hey guys, lets go attack our EU enemy nations 3AM multiple times in a month during workdays - after they stop caring because of fake attacks, we take their ports." 

The "great" victory is not so great when you don't win any battles. You sure are trying though. Kinda takes the glitter of it, yea? That's why you are so persistent, that nothing is wrong with the current mechanics and night-flips. :) No battle no victory. You haven't done anything particular to take the danish ports, except attacking 2-3AM, even fake attacking MANY times to make us stop defending.

It's easier to say to us we don't organize well enough. Your allies have a 48 hour notice on the map made it easy enough for allies to see when PB is gonna happen. Don't you think thats also why the british can muster so many people before a PB to defend for them? We and our allies are playing EU time, even if there is a PB 2AM on a tuesday, it will not attract people from our side. From yours, sure its your primetime. So much for your the great organization lol

Some other dude said "after last wipe US raised from the dust" hahaha. You guys are seriously the most fun dudes, you are really really funny, Christendom, Hodo, Wraith - aah and Leku also. Thankyou. 

And yet people still wonder why the US doesn't want to flip alliances sides and start working with these people.  

Explain to me how the US night flips that have been going of for 4-5 weeks somehow explain a drop in player population for what, 6 months?  We haven't seen the RUS/RDNN fleet in full force since Wilmington.  Are you sure it was the night flips that broke your super fleet?  Not the utter humiliation of losing all 3 attacks, getting screened out of 2 of them while trying to leverage the attacks against us to agree to bullshit terms?  I'd be humiliated after that. Are you sure it's still just the night flips?  

But yeah the Spanish haven't been see helping outside their home waters for months.  Zero Spanish or French screeners up at Wilmington a month ago.  Solution to these problems? 

Better blame the night flips.

1 hour ago, Lord Vicious said:

**long LV rant over how good he is**

That still points to more hardcore. Most of the people I know that play this game don't have time to sit in meetings all the time.

Some only have 2-3 hours a day to play. And that's what i'm pointing at. That it doesn't matter if you are skilled. It matters howmuch of a life you have outside the game.

4 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

That still points to more hardcore. Most of the people I know that play this game don't have time to sit in meetings all the time.

Some only have 2-3 hours a day to play. And that's what i'm pointing at. That it doesn't matter if you are skilled. It matters howmuch of a life you have outside the game.

So now you wanna ban ppl who have more time to spend for organize the game then you? this is a new level, from ban the usa from the server from ban an entire timezone to ban whoever can play more then us!

congratz  your solution to the game seams, whoever can log more then denmark should be stop, do you have an idea how ridiculous you sound? 

ps: if you have only 3h change game this is not the game for you :)  you wanna be competitive playng 3h/day in a game where a mission alone take 1h? where just for sail to a pb you need 2h for sail 2h for the pb itself?   Or we should model the entire na gameplay for accomodate you? Every sandbox premiate who spend more time. or you expect to compete with ppl who play x5 more then you?

Edited by Lord Vicious

38 minutes ago, Christendom said:

And yet people still wonder why the US doesn't want to flip alliances sides and start working with these people.  

Explain to me how the US night flips that have been going of for 4-5 weeks somehow explain a drop in player population for what, 6 months?  We haven't seen the RUS/RDNN fleet in full force since Wilmington.  Are you sure it was the night flips that broke your super fleet?  Not the utter humiliation of losing all 3 attacks, getting screened out of 2 of them while trying to leverage the attacks against us to agree to bullshit terms?  I'd be humiliated after that. Are you sure it's still just the night flips?  

But yeah the Spanish haven't been see helping outside their home waters for months.  Zero Spanish or French screeners up at Wilmington a month ago.  Solution to these problems? 

Better blame the night flips.

For speaking the truth? I don't want you to change sides. You have nothing, except the power of being the only nation playing outside EU primetime. Keep doing night-flips and devs will surely take action. :) 

I never said night-flip caused players to leave for past 6 months, maybe past 6 weeks. Other things are the reason for that. You never broke our fleet in any of the PB's, you won due to higher number and base cap, 2AM on a tuesday. *clap clap*. Nothing humiliating about loosing when the enemy use player attrition tactics and attacks a EU coalition 2-3AM in weekdays on a server with extremely low pop. You are humiliating yourselves calling it a victory and actually believing it - I find it very amusing. :lol: We stopped giving a shit, night-flip all our ports and be done with it.

Edited by E.P. Juel

First. The problem is not exactly addressed to the devs I think. The allies are hard tied because we did so. Since I am playing this game I had one(!!!) month when allies switched sometimes. After that it was clear that the Spanish, french, danish expect us to be the devil in person which should be punched to the ground. And since that time  we considered the "big ally" to be wrong and outraged how they could dare and towed us straight to the nations which was ready to take the challenge against big fleets of Spanish, danish and sometimes pirate fleets. And this situation we have since March 2016.

Since that time there was no moving in the diplomacy and this is not because of the devs, it's because the anger was so strong that no faction was willing to think of the tactical issue to change the faction because if you do so the other side was willing to do everything to make the former allies sure will never be willing to speak with you anymore.

As long one side decides that if his former allies declare war it will be forever and unforgivable there will be no change in this situation - no matter which ally.

Second. Let's think of what happened when a war-faction "collapse". Right, one side won, other side looses. This is maybe a missing part. Because the two allies are always the same, because there is no point were "all this killing ends", were you can regain strength and form up new allies.

In my opinion diplomacy-mechanic is quite good. The problem is that we do not have any need for other varieties of allies neither do I think anybody is willing to vote another vote than he did before. It's like "voted war once, will vote war forever" or "Once time voting green" always "voting green". It feels just "save" and people start to outrage if they see a former ally is voting war in higher numbers.

Edit: By the way. I remember times dutch players quitted, I remember british player quitting, and I am sure that after the rumored danish quit their will be always someone quitting. So the problem is not about the "first big quit", it's seasonal to every faction in this game. The problem is as long as we wont change our thinking about "enemies" and as long we are real life pissed about our pixel-enemy as long people will quit from time to time.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, E.P. Juel said:

I don't want you to change sides. You have nothing, except the power of being the only nation playing outside EU primetime. Keep doing night-flips and devs will surely take action. :) 

I never said night-flip caused players to leave for past 6 months, maybe past 6 weeks. Other things are the reason for that. You never broke our fleet in any of the PB's, you won due to higher number and base cap, 2AM on a tuesday. *clap clap*. Nothing humiliating about loosing when the enemy use player attrition tactics and attacks a EU coalition 2-3AM in weekdays on a server with extremely low pop. You are humiliating yourselves calling it a victory and actually believing it - I find it very amusing. :lol: We stopped giving a shit, night-flip all our ports and be done with it.

Wilmington was on a Saturday afternoon right?  Not 2am on a Tuesday.  BLAME IT ON THE NIGHT FLIPS!!!!!!

When North was talking to the US to flip alliances he was offering multiple hand jobs, guaranteed Wilmington protection, Kicking out the French and promised the Russians would re-hack the election to make sure Hilary won.  Don't lie honey, I know you guys wanted us badly.  

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Wilmington was on a Saturday afternoon right?  Not 2am on a Tuesday.  BLAME IT ON THE NIGHT FLIPS!!!!!!

When North was talking to the US to flip alliances he was offering multiple hand jobs, guaranteed Wilmington protection, Kicking out the French and promised the Russians would re-hack the election to make sure Hilary won.  Don't lie honey, I know you guys wanted us badly.  

Yeah, I was not there at Wilmington I must admit, but that was not the one I was talking about. I was at almost all of the "defenses" at Savannah, when you faked, and when you finally didn't, also at La Vega - all night flips. We were outnumbered, you base-cap and win. Amazing victory, amazing organization - I must say you outdid yourselves!

Although in La Vega we got to smash you around before you got points enough, you would have lost the battle despite outnumbering us. Was really fun :) Still you won the port due to night-flip. Lucky for you, you can escape when you reach 1000 points. I dont know what is more hollow, your words or your proclaimed victory. Close call. Now I need you to acknowledge the fact that the server pop is low and multiple reasons is to blame for that, including night-flip. It's just facts. 

Edited by E.P. Juel

1 hour ago, Lord Vicious said:

No offence if you wait for the devs to save you, you will be very disappointed..      and for the players i would not count on that also.    So work on your coalition cohesion is better..

We'll see.

56 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Which just conveniently happened right around the time the port wipe was announced and RVR basically stopped.  Good work though....

The Spanish haven't been showing up to help well before the Dane fleet gave up.  In fact I'd say your greatest contribution to your alliance was letting the Danes cap a few of your ports during the alliance down time.  I've seen multiple French up at Islamorada, do you guys not return favors?

But yea I guess the point of this thread was to say the alliances are too strong.  You're right.  I apologize that we leave home waters and help each other out. 

You are wrong. RVR didn't stop. But, let's forget that..... It happened and that's from the past.

To be honest I don't know much about it, because I took a break from the game since last patch was implemented ( 3 months or so)

My comment was just to point out that you are accusing us of something you did not so long ago. But as I said, forget it.

I think alliances are more or less ballanced, but game mechanics are not.

First: all of this pve to heat an area is absolutely killing the game. 

Second: the patch with fine woods and rakestearns  moved away a lot of players.

Third: now you can raise hostility in whatever point of the map if you want to. When the flag sistem was active, you had to be relatively close to your target (at least 1h of sailing)

Fourth: as a consequence of third point, you can do nothing if an area is being heated when you are not playing (because of work, sleep or whatever)

Fifht: heating an area is very easy, and should not be so easy.

Sixth: screening should be redesigned in order to make the game playable for smaller nations

All of these points and more contribute to having a very low population and this is bad for all of us, no matter in which alliance you are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, E.P. Juel said:

Yeah, I was not there at Wilmington I must admit, but that was not the one I was talking about. I was at almost all of the "defenses" at Savannah, when you faked, and when you finally didn't, also at La Vega - all night flips. We were outnumbered, you base-cap and win. Amazing victory, amazing organization - I must say you outdid yourselves!

Although in La Vega we got to smash you around before you got points enough, you would have lost the battle despite outnumbering us. Was really fun :) Still you won the port due to night-flip. Lucky for you, you can escape when you reach 1000 points. I dont know what is more hollow, your words or your proclaimed victory. Close call. Now I need you to acknowledge the fact that the server pop is low and multiple reasons is to blame for that, including night-flip. It's just facts. 

BLAME IT ON THE NIGHT FLIPS!!!!

Have we actually declared victory yet?  I mean we can if you want.  Would you like me to?

At least you admit you had fun at La Vega.  We did too.  We don't care who we fight, we're just looking for battles.  Go ahead and blame having fun on the night flips.  I'll accept that.

12 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

Maybe this is just anecdotal evidence, but it appears to me that there is a very severe imbalance that has developed between the 2 warring alliances.  I speak of the American/British/Dutch alliance (and possibly Pirates, I have seen British screening for pirates at port battles) vs the Danish/Swedish/French/Spanish alliance.  I will refer to them as the ABD alliance vs DSFS alliance respectively.   

At the port battle at Castres the screening fleets of the DSFS Alliance faced an overwhelming amount of ABD's and grossly outnumbered the DSFS's.  From my calculations at this port battle it appears that the ABD alliance was able to field 75 ships that I can count.  There were 2 screening battles and the port battle which was completely full of ABD's and both of these battles had ~1/2 or less the amount of players from the DSFS alliance, and I believe that most of the French 1st rate port battle fleet got pulled into another battle with god knows how many ABD's in that one.  

Also, I have noticed that Sweden had a few players (appears to be a whole clan) switch to the British Nation along with a few others (not in this specific clan switch to the ABD's).  This is on top of LV and however many pirates he has pulled into the British nation along with the large influx of American players, and now the "quitting" Danish (which I have only heard rumors of).  I guess everyone wants to be on the wining side and no one wants to be the loser right?

Like I said, this is only anecdotal evidence, but if what is happening what I think is happening, there will be a collapse of the DSFS simply by the overwhelming numbers on the ABDs side.  

Now I am not blaming anyone or here to sling mud, I am simply telling you my observation, and I do not think such a player inbalance is good for the long term health of this game.

Discuss.

Im on PVP2 and we have been raising the screening issue many times. Again and again, with ANY screening done for PB small nations are fkd. The PB become unbalanced. Small nations can barely bring enough ships to fill PB and if they are screened by huge force outside and eventually make it into the PB they either greatly outnumbered or came too late and enemy already capped 1/2 points or both. 

Players from PVP1 were telling me why dont you bring enough numbers? I said, wait till it hit ya and you will see why. ^ This was gonna happen sooner or later.

My opinion is that making PB playable for BOTH sides is a major priority today. PBs are the only decent team vs team battles that we have and if you start having one side being able to screen out the other side and take PBs this way you soon going to have major region controling collapse. 

Why is this upsetting people? Because they are loosing because of the game mechanic without even having ability to use their skill.

Today having fully filled PB is more important for conquest mechanics to give all sides a fair go than using some other secondary mechanics like screening.

My solution was and still is - remove posibility to screen by allowing players to join PB soon as they are within the attacking region.

11 hours ago, Leku said:

Why you want to balance every stuff in this game?

It`s damn sandbox FFS !!!!!!!!

This is where the core of the problem is. Someone somewhere told players that this is going to be sandbox format. Thise players now giving their suggestions based on that believe.

Im sorry to disappoint, but this is truly 100% beyond any doubt is NOT a sandbox title. I think the original idea of devs was to give you tools and let you use them. Then they start trying to balance everything and it stopped being sandbox.

Lots of people also mix up two separate terms - Open World and Sandbox. Those are two completely separate things. It is very safe to say that NA today IS an Open World game of a NONE sandbox type.

In sandbox you are limited only by what you have at hand. If you have tools, weapons, crafting materials you just do it. In NA your crafting is limited by labor hours and your level, your abulity to use bigger ships by your rank that you have to grind first, because you cant just jump from cutter to 1st rate even if you have one. Even perks are there to limit you, not to give you bonuses. In sandbox you would just have everything at hand rather then being forced to pick few. This game would have never survived being sandbox. Sandbox titles are more designed for 1 character type gameplay. There is no economy and game survives on so much PVP/PVE content that there is enough for player to do without need to grind anything to keep him busy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

We'll see.

You are wrong. RVR didn't stop. But, let's forget that..... It happened and that's from the past.

To be honest I don't know much about it, because I took a break from the game since last patch was implemented ( 3 months or so)

My comment was just to point out that you are accusing us of something you did not so long ago. But as I said, forget it.

I think alliances are more or less ballanced, but game mechanics are not.

First: all of this pve to heat an area is absolutely killing the game. 

Second: the patch with fine woods and rakestearns  moved away a lot of players.

Third: now you can raise hostility in whatever point of the map if you want to. When the flag sistem was active, you had to be relatively close to your target (at least 1h of sailing)

Fourth: as a consequence of third point, you can do nothing if an area is being heated when you are not playing (because of work, sleep or whatever)

Fifht: heating an area is very easy, and should not be so easy.

Sixth: screening should be redesigned in order to make the game playable for smaller nations

All of these points and more contribute to having a very low population and this is bad for all of us, no matter in which alliance you are.

You bring up a good point about hostility anywhere.  Old system you had to try and island hop.  Until of course the Danes started trading the flags though...    

There needs to be some mechanic that prevents the US from going down and flipping say Trinidad or Danes Wilmington. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

First. The problem is not exactly addressed to the devs I think. The allies are hard tied because we did so. Since I am playing this game I had one(!!!) month when allies switched sometimes. After that it was clear that the Spanish, french, danish expect us to be the devil in person which should be punched to the ground. And since that time  we considered the "big ally" to be wrong and outraged how they could dare and towed us straight to the nations which was ready to take the challenge against big fleets of Spanish, danish and sometimes pirate fleets. And this situation we have since March 2016.

Since that time there was no moving in the diplomacy and this is not because of the devs, it's because the anger was so strong that no faction was willing to think of the tactical issue to change the faction because if you do so the other side was willing to do everything to make the former allies sure will never be willing to speak with you anymore.

As long one side decides that if his former allies declare war it will be forever and unforgivable there will be no change in this situation - no matter which ally.

Second. Let's think of what happened when a war-faction "collapse". Right, one side won, other side looses. This is maybe a missing part. Because the two allies are always the same, because there is no point were "all this killing ends", were you can regain strength and form up new allies.

In my opinion diplomacy-mechanic is quite good. The problem is that we do not have any need for other varieties of allies neither do I think anybody is willing to vote another vote than he did before. It's like "voted war once, will vote war forever" or "Once time voting green" always "voting green". It feels just "save" and people start to outrage if they see a former ally is voting war in higher numbers.

Edit: By the way. I remember times dutch players quitted, I remember british player quitting, and I am sure that after the rumored danish quit their will be always someone quitting. So the problem is not about the "first big quit", it's seasonal to every faction in this game. The problem is as long as we wont change our thinking about "enemies" and as long we are real life pissed about our pixel-enemy as long people will quit from time to time.

I agree here. The thinking needs to change from hated enemy to honorable oponent. Then mentalities will change.

Instead of gloating over a defeated fleet, say good fight, bad luck this time. instead of lol n00bs you got rekt!

Instead of being annoyed by losing the fight think about the good moments. Thank your enemy for a good fight.

That for me was something I liked about the "nightfights" against the US players at Savannah. Even when they lost the fight they said stuff like "thank you for coming", "we enjoyed the fight" and such remarks. It didn't feel like a dirty brawl, it felt like a good clean fight, one both parties could enjoy. That's why I was personally a bit disappointed about the double flip. Because I don't mind the nightfight that much if it is a nice one between friendly opponents and the fighting is fun for all. That's what keeps people motivated longer. But a double makes it taste more like a dirty brawl again.

The Danes spent night after night trying to kick SLRN out of Aves. We kept on trying and we got good. And finally we won. I was personally hoping the US navy guys would get that same cruve. The double flip broke that a bit. I completely understand why you did a double flip, but had you kept doing the single attack every 3-4 nights it would have lasted longer and we all would have had more fun. Who knows, you might even have won an even fight :) 

2 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I agree here. The thinking needs to change from hated enemy to honorable oponent. Then mentalities will change.

Instead of gloating over a defeated fleet, say good fight, bad luck this time. instead of lol n00bs you got rekt!

Instead of being annoyed by losing the fight think about the good moments. Thank your enemy for a good fight.

That for me was something I liked about the "nightfights" against the US players at Savannah. Even when they lost the fight they said stuff like "thank you for coming", "we enjoyed the fight" and such remarks. It didn't feel like a dirty brawl, it felt like a good clean fight, one both parties could enjoy. That's why I was personally a bit disappointed about the double flip. Because I don't mind the nightfight that much if it is a nice one between friendly opponents and the fighting is fun for all. That's what keeps people motivated longer. But a double makes it taste more like a dirty brawl again.

The Danes spent night after night trying to kick SLRN out of Aves. We kept on trying and we got good. And finally we won. I was personally hoping the US navy guys would get that same cruve. The double flip broke that a bit. I completely understand why you did a double flip, but had you kept doing the single attack every 3-4 nights it would have lasted longer and we all would have had more fun. Who knows, you might even have won an even fight :) 

You realize why the double flip happened and why our cordiality stopped right?  I hope you do at least.  

4 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

I completely understand why you did a double flip, but had you kept doing the single attack every 3-4 nights it would have lasted longer and we all would have had more fun. 

Just now, Christendom said:

You realize why the double flip happened and why our cordiality stopped right?  I hope you do at least.  

Read before you post :)

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

BLAME IT ON THE NIGHT FLIPS!!!!

Have we actually declared victory yet?  I mean we can if you want.  Would you like me to?

At least you admit you had fun at La Vega.  We did too.  We don't care who we fight, we're just looking for battles.  Go ahead and blame having fun on the night flips.  I'll accept that.

La Vega was in the weekend, so I could participate unlike workdays where I now refuse to participate like the rest of the danish clans do. I had fun in La Vega, it went to battle, on you would have lost. 

Saying you don't care who you fight is not the question. Its how you fight. If you attacked only in weekends from the beginning we could have had battles, when you attack only in workdays nights you try to avoid them. Fake attacking nights in workdays? Still avoiding combat. All you do is take more land when ppl are sleeping. You wanted to make us quit and guess what, it worked!

Victory you already declared in your previous posts, both you and another dude saying the US rised from the dust and asked if its time for a wipe now the winner is found :D Amuse me more please, declare your GREAT victory over the EU coalition, due to night attacks and no battles. Make your dreams come true!

Edited by E.P. Juel