Game-Labs Forum

What's the state of the game?

Land in port battles is awesome, aswell as the circles. Except of a player base lack (I strongly recommend lowering the game price, 40.00 for an unfinished game in Alpha that is meant to be in a testing phase is way too much) PvP is fun. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Wraith said:

devs are being cryptic and uncommunicative. 

This is better compared to how open they were at the beginning and got flamed for it bringing game rating down for no reason. Lesson learned I hope. We have enough people to test content.

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Lol, if you translate "communicative" to "threatening," "thin-skinned," and "vindictive," then yes.. lack of "communication" is better than it used to be. But having us as testers throwing out ideas and questions, and getting nothing back in return with regards to plans and implementation strategies, then no, it's far worse than before.

Not sure if you follow them, but they clearly said that they read and record all posts and suggestions. Response went to minimal because they are busy building Naval Action. Less time on Forums and more time in workshop. 

More info will be posted on Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned. 

• Like 7

Where they've shot themselves in the foot was premature announcements of things that pretty much killed participation in key aspects of the game. IE: We're gonna throw away the 5 ship quality levels sometime soon.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that post. Guaranteed to stop most ship building activity until the 'new' system was rolled out. Well - maybe he means a new patch later this week...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhxYBHjVveVfzUFm__yAT

It's now over 2 months later and it still hasn't happened...
51aa2036afa96f6894000010.jpg?w=256

Puhleese think long and hard before posting bedrock stuff like that is going to change.

1 hour ago, Angus McGregor said:

Where they've shot themselves in the foot was premature announcements of things that pretty much killed participation in key aspects of the game. IE: We're gonna throw away the 5 ship quality levels sometime soon.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that post. Guaranteed to stop most ship building activity until the 'new' system was rolled out. Well - maybe he means a new patch later this week...

Hm....  I specifically remember the server pop falling drastically right after the flag system was dropped and the new hostility system was implemented and people found out that they need to grind PvE for a few hours to get port battles.  Maybe the announcement of new ship crafting and the removal of the 5 ship quality had a little teeny bit to do with it, but it is not what broke this game.  That announcement came quite some time after the new hostility system was put in place and server pop was in free-fall.  What broke this game is the lack of conquest type battles all over the map and the switch to hostility that gives us like 1 port battle a day. 

Edited by Yar Matey

Its kind of a game where you can play it if you are a part of a ts-innercircle. If not: forget about it.

You will never get into a port battle. You. will highly likely get ganked at open sea or pretty much see not much action at all. 

It's a flaw imho.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Its kind of a game where you can play it if you are a part of a ts-innercircle. If not: forget about it.

You will never get into a port battle. You. will highly likely get ganked at open sea or pretty much see not much action at all. 

It's a flaw imho.

I know you and I have complained about the ganking in this game.  But with the addition of towers everywhere and large tagging circles pulling in huge fleets of ships, it is really hard to be a ganker today.  Yes, some groups of people are very good at it and some of my clan mates are still losing their ships once in a while to ganking.  But it is not nearly the problem it used to be with 2 minute timers.  Even I must concede that.  I have even participated in a few ganks, and it almost always ends up a chasing battle as our ganking group runs away from 3 Santisimas, 4 Bellonas, 10 frigates, a bunch of shallow water ships with square towers shooting at us. 

Its time to say thank you to the devs for fixing this situation.  Because it was really really bad before the changes to ROE and the addition of towers.  Now we get  lots of QQ on these forums from people about how their are too many towers and their are all these huge fleets all over the place. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

Hm....  I specifically remember the server pop falling drastically right after the flag system was dropped and the new hostility system was implemented and people found out that they need to grind PvE for a few hours to get port battles.  Maybe the announcement of new ship crafting and the removal of the 5 ship quality had a little teeny bit to do with it, but it is not what broke this game.  That announcement came quite some time after the new hostility system was put in place and server pop was in free-fall.  What broke this game is the lack of conquest type battles all over the map and the switch to hostility that gives us like 1 port battle a day. 

Devs can simply add awesome rewards to PBs and now everyone will grind like crazy just so they can get in. 

6 minutes ago, Wind said:

Devs can simply add awesome rewards to PBs and now everyone will grind like crazy just so they can get in. 

The problem with grinding, is well, its more like work than fun.  We need PvP content to get us more PvP content (port battles).  And if that is not enough, we need layers upon layers of PvP content to keep everyone engaged with something to do, and PvP content, like you say, should be richly rewarding if you win.  When people log into this game, there should almost always be PvP action going on somewhere in the game world and if something is not going on in the world, you should be able to form a group and go out into the open world and start creating your own PvP content with raids, and blockades, and destroy the tower missions to keep that hostility generation going. 

Edited by Yar Matey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Yar Matey said:

I know you and I have complained about the ganking in this game.  But with the addition of towers everywhere and large tagging circles pulling in huge fleets of ships, it is really hard to be a ganker today.  Yes, some groups of people are very good at it and some of my clan mates are still losing their ships once in a while to ganking.  But it is not nearly the problem it used to be with 2 minute timers.  Even I must concede that.  I have even participated in a few ganks, and it almost always ends up a chasing battle as our ganking group runs away from 3 Santisimas, 4 Bellonas, 10 frigates, a bunch of shallow water ships with square towers shooting at us. 

Its time to say thank you to the devs for fixing this situation.  Because it was really really bad before the changes to ROE and the addition of towers.  Now we get  lots of QQ on these forums from people about how their are too many towers and their are all these huge fleets all over the place. 

I disagree on this. With no joining timers you can still be ganked (outnumbered). But now it's only groups organized in TS who has this prerogative. Casual and solo players are on the run with little or no chance to participate in anything big.

ROE should be indefinite with some mechanisms that secured a balance between distance to target related to the joining time.

It's better that battles stay open so players can fight. It's a war-game after all.

ROE it's the only option for fight. Limits on ROE is limiting the heart if this game.

4 hours ago, Fenris said:

Especially this kind of PB and "RvR".

https://pl.vc/ltedg

Please stop using that file hosting site, especially for images. Use imgur instead. That site is just idiotic. Three warnings about adblocker in front of image... please turn it off. So I disable adblocker and get 3 ads covering the image instead that I cannot get rid off. No - I am NOT downloading your image just to see what you're squawking about.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Angus McGregor said:

Please stop using that file hosting site, especially for images. Use imgur instead. That site is just idiotic. Three warnings about adblocker in front of image... please turn it off. So I disable adblocker and get 3 ads covering the image instead that I cannot get rid off. No - I am NOT downloading your image just to see what you're squawking about.

I ll use any site to upload images that i want.

You dont like it,dont look at it.

What's the state of the game ?

First of all, NA is not a game yet...We are testing a project.

As long as we understand that important detail, we can assume that our satisfaction (i mean, us, the testers) is not the goal of the dev team. Their goal is to reach an acceptable gameplay balance by progressively keeping or rejecting issues in order to "finally" get the relevant marketing basis of an official NA game to be released. 

Dev cannot take into account our wishes, they just utilize our comments, suggestions & reports. they own that project, we don't.

However, We testers, paid for participating to that project, We gave creditability to it.

So yes, please devs, if you have some consideration to all these "testers" that have helped that project to become what it is today, could you tell us "what's the state of the project" ?

Even if it might discourage the remaining players/testers base, could you give us clear feedback about what features have become final (there must be many) within your project planning?

Be loyal to us, give us the preliminary features of the upcoming game, we need to figure out what we'll have to deal with once we'll become "ordinary players". 

Thank you

• Like 5