Game-Labs Forum

Change dura to 2 on captured ships

Would it not make sense to enable a dura stacking feature? Break up for parts instead of just break up! Takes 10 ships (of any quality) to add +1 dura to any other ship!!!  This would enable a market for green and captured ships etc etc (would be bloody expensive but worth it to get a 5 dura vic or ocean etc)

Edited by monk33y

1. What is the motive behind 2 dura for capture? why would we have that?

2. For the ones that propose dura stacking, im against this. I Honestly think that it would be better to go the opposite direction for the game, with dura stacking everyone would get the best ship and they would never loose it, which is not good for the economy i think

• Like 1

1 Dura ships are pretty useless, because its not worth using modules on them. Thats boring, I want to use my captured ships. But at the moment its better to just break them up.

I hope that they will change this system so you either have only permanent upgrades or that you cant lose regular upgrades at all.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

How would adding a dura be pointless? You would have to either farm or craft (use I'm game resources) to collect perfect copies of the ship you want to add a dura to?? 

Would this not add demand to the ingame economy? Also most players in the game hate the Idea of loosing a dura do they don't fight? Adding a dura makes loosing your favourite ship harder? Would this also not add value to gold vic with 2 or 3 dura??? 

Edited by monk33y

I don't understand why loosing a fight in boarding should cost more dura than sinking ? It's way more easy to board someone than sink it.

About the 2dura for captured ships and other stacking dura: no, please.

I'd prefer everyone sailing in a one dura ship, ship ugrades stick to the ship, so capture a ship and you earn all the ship upgrades on it, perm or regular. "Human" upgrades stick with the captain, so charismatic boatswain, marines, powder monkeys can't be captured but are lost if the officer loose a life. Make all upgrades craftables.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

Sorry i thought the reason would be obv. But the reason behind it is i want to put mods on captured ships (ofc i can do this now but its easier/safer to just build a ship with 5 duras).
Another solution would be to make all upgrades craftable as otto was saying.

Atm im not sailing captured ships I only put them in my fleet from time to time or break them up

All ships should be 1 durability, and all modules should be craftable.  Mid grade notes should cost 50 labor hours and 10 silver coins to make, high grade notes should cost 60 labor hours to make and 20 gold coins.  Would solve so many problems with this game.  It would make all captured ships (minus first rates) way more valuable, and replacing ships and its modules so much easier to do.

Edited by Yar Matey

Thank you for the explanation.

Given the reasoning is the modules and not the ships themselves I would suggest to focus on the modules and make them craftable with a ship, meaning specific sail arrangements like better stay sails or extra planking to be part of the ship as it is crafted and not a "card" in a deck of cards.

Then go as other OW RvR games do and make it one dura.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Paulus de Boskabouter said:

Sorry i thought the reason would be obv. But the reason behind it is i want to put mods on captured ships (ofc i can do this now but its easier/safer to just build a ship with 5 duras).
Another solution would be to make all upgrades craftable as otto was saying.

Atm im not sailing captured ships I only put them in my fleet from time to time or break them up

I would think it would be obvious that if you gain a 2 dura ship through capture, the other player must necessarily lose 2 duras, which means 2nd rates also become one life ships you don't want to use mods on.

The solution here is to get rid of rare, must-have mods that are only obtainable through hours and hours of PvE grinding (I PvP only and have not obtained a yellow mod in at least 4 months).

I'm not sure I agree with going to 1 dura ships, as the original intent was for multiple duras to serve as time insurance, letting me die and get back on the sea with the same setup again without wasting a bunch of time in port. The intent was not to protect super-rare, OP modules.  This design goal has proved very sound and beneficial in game, but has been corrupted by rare modules.

Edited by akd

Just now, akd said:

I would think it would be obvious that if you gain a 2 dura ship through capture, the other player must necessarily lose 2 duras, which means 2nd rates also become one life ships you don't want to use mods on.

The solution here to to get rid of rare, must-have mods that are only obtainable through hours and hours of PvE grinding (I PvP only and have not obtained a yellow mod in at least 4 months).

I agree my solution doesnt solve anything since the 2 dura you capture will also be lost if you get captured, so only if you sink its safer. 

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Given the reasoning is the modules and not the ships themselves I would suggest to focus on the modules and make them craftable with a ship, meaning specific sail arrangements like better stay sails or extra planking to be part of the ship as it is crafted and not a "card" in a deck of cards.

Great idea, lets hope we get something like this and maybe make 7th/6th rates 2 duras and rest 1 dura

On 12/28/2016 at 8:12 AM, Hethwill said:

Hoping this is what the devs are planing with the new crafting ships stuff with only 3 temp mods and the rest is what is built in when you build it.

On 12/28/2016 at 8:20 AM, Paulus de Boskabouter said:

I agree my solution doesnt solve anything since the 2 dura you capture will also be lost if you get captured, so only if you sink its safer. 

Great idea, lets hope we get something like this and maybe make 7th/6th rates 2 duras and rest 1 dura

I think light ships still need some dura for the new players.  What I have said before is SOL's 1, Frigates 2 and Light ships get 3.   That will give you a little bit to work with and you have to do something like Hethwill mention about making mods part of the crafting of the ship and not what you put on it later.

• Like 1