Game-Labs Forum

More camera freedom in open world.

People were abusing camera zoom and free camera which allowed them to spy on people on the other side of mountains. But a little bit further zooming out would be very welcomed. sometimes its just not enough. Also in the battle their need to either allow to zoom out a little further away or allow to look up all the way to zenith. With current highest camera angle from the first person view you cant even see ships name when its in close proximity

• Like 4

I would love to once-again be able to zoom in and around my ship just as a fun activity to do while sailing in OW. I use to entertain myself during many a voyage by just viewing my ship from above from the various masts, or viewing my ship from below deck.

Being able to view your ship from any angle within a small distance (nothing extreme; one to five ship-lengths or so) would be a very nice touch; half of this game's allure is the beautifully crafted ships - giving us the ability back to fully enjoy the devs' and crafters' handiwork from any angle would go a long way I feel.

And I am pretty sure that those extra few ship-lengths that you would be able to zoom in and out of would probably not be enough to be exploited in OW. 

Edited by Hendrik die Seevaarder
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Roche Brasiliano said:

Dev said about couple months ago it will return soon, with restrictions.

Awesome, was gonna say they could just make it so that other players do not load past your position rather keep visibility dependent on your location rather then view.

Edited by Winters
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Winters said:

Awesome, was gonna say they could just make it so that other players do not load past your position rather keep other players visibility dependent on you location rather then view.

As koltes said, ppl were abusing it too much, but looks like devs found a way to prevent exploits. I have tons of pics of my ships inside and i really like to walk around the ship. Once i visited pacific coast using it. Another cool stuff is visit coasts and go inland. But i think they will restrict it only inside and around the ship, which is obvious to keep it safe from exploits against other players.

I tried to found the dev statment, but couldnt till now. It was on a section named beautifull places where players post pics. I think they removed that section, but im pretty sure that feature will back in time.

8 hours ago, koltes said:

People were abusing camera zoom and free camera which allowed them to spy on people on the other side of mountains. But a little bit further zooming out would be very welcomed. sometimes its just not enough. Also in the battle their need to either allow to zoom out a little further away or allow to look up all the way to zenith. With current highest camera angle from the first person view you cant even see ships name when its in close proximity

Specially on the smaller ships compare to larger.  You can see the other small ships, cause it's a certain distance, but than you can't see others in the battle.  While larger ships you get where you can't see the name of the ship next to you cause it only zooms out so far when your in targeting mode and you can't tell if it's friend or foe other than by the flag on the aft of the ship.  I'm pretty sure there been a few miss broad sides in battle to the wrong ships cause of this.