Game-Labs Forum

The Agamemnon should be removed from Port Battles:

The Agamemnon completely outclasses the other 4th rate ships, such as the constitution and the Ingermanland.  Since only a select few people can craft this ship, and the fact that it has an extra 9% more hull, and an extra 3 cm thickness to its hull on top of the 600 lb broadside weight with cannons over the 500 the constitution has, it should not be allowed into 4th rate port battles.  

At least the L'Ocean and Stantisima are close enough when comparing their overall stats so that player skill will more likely dictate the outcome, a fleet of Connies and Ingermanlands vs a fleet of Agamemnons would not be even close to a fair fight.

4th rate port battles consist of Agamemnon stacking, and if your nation cant craft the ship because of the lack of anyone having the Blueprint, your SOL. 

• Like 2

Valid points.

But, Ingermanlands carry 32pd's which i'd argue gives a distinct advantage of the Aggy. 

But because Aggy is a "rare"/"New" ship everyone is having those made. 

25 Inger's vs 25 Aggy's would be extremely interesting, the Inger's can do damage from a longer distance than the Aggy's but the Aggy would have the advantage in a brawl. Question is, will the Inger fleet let the battle turn into a brawl?

As for only some people having access to the ship i know for a fact that every single nation in game has access to the ship so that is no reason to have it removed. 

• Like 2

Ingermanland might have been a 3rd rate when built but no match for a ship designed 50 years later. Even overgunned to 32/18/6, Agamemnon is just bigger, tougher, has more guns on the lower two decks and a far more useful topdeck (6lb cannon and 12lb carronades are a complete waste of gun crew in a 4th rate battle).

I wouldn't like to see Agamemnons wiped out of port battles completely but it's just a much more powerful ship, hardly a fair rival for the older and smaller Ingermanland.

• Like 2

The best solution in the long term would be to add a few more modern 4th rates, I can think of a handful that would compliment the game really well. It would be great to see at least 5 ships in each class that show real options, not a "best" ship for each. The whole idea of a best ship breaks down the game and makes it less interesting as a whole.

• Like 2