Game-Labs Forum

Hello!

I’ve been playing Naval Action for quite a while now, and I feel the game has taken a wrong direction.  First of all the name should be changed to Gangs of Naval Action (ironicJ). I like the introduction of newbie region and a lot of the new details with the new patch, having said this there is some stuff devs should take into consideration.  My biggest disappointment is the perpetual ganking taking place all over the map. This is unacceptable!

So I decide to make some suggestions:

• Player taggs should only be 1vs1 and no join timer or group join.
  • Create more Nations, i acctually know this is coming but just in case.
  • Pirates should NOT be a nation. Instead every nation should have their own pirates.  Just like the check box for the smuggler make one for going pirate.
  • Introduce War Zones instead of this ganking action in and around capital regions. The outcome of this wars should be the amount of traders NPCs coming in to a region.
  • Introduce Pirate waters were the ganking is allowed and the players not enjoying being ganked can keep away.

Well this was my major concerns with this game. Otherwise the game is glorious and I love it! Keep up the good work!
P.S. remember devs:  DO NOT BELIVE THAT PLAYERS WILL BEHAVE RESPONSABLY!
Thanks for listening

Edited by jealousMe
  • Like 2

Currently, a single player has no chance against a group of enemy ships, even has been received him the opportunity to get help from allies who are nearby. The game is clearly against a single player, and there is little evidence that this can change.

It's almost impossible to gank anyone who is not AFK sailing in this game, espacailly if you play for Danes, French of Swedish. They have very close harbors with enormous number of AI fleets.

For other nations it's a bit more complex.

But playing for Dutch for over a year I was successfully ganked ONCE during... afk sailing.

Also, during real age of sail most ship battles were.. ganks..

Stupid suggestion over all.

• Like 3

Currently, a single player has no chance against a group of enemy ships, even has been received him the opportunity to get help from allies who are nearby. The game is clearly against a single player, and there is little evidence that this can change.

Should one ship have a chance against a large group?

The only "ganks" that go on is when a pvp player comes outa battle and is surrounded by port huggers.

• Like 1

It can be changed. Devs just don't have any interests to change it and certain players don't have any interests to play fair. I just need to have a look at the tribunal.

In warfare fair is for those who don't know better. Each time you leave port on your own you run a risk of being attacked somewhere on your journey. This is part of the thrill of the game. It might be ships hidden by the lay of the land, could be out in the midst of the open sea - you're always at risk. You can sail with an AI fleet to improve your chances, hug coastlines, run for forts when near ports, or you could buddy up with players from your nation/alliance/clan*. Yes, it is painful to be caught by multiple players and be unable to do a thing to stop them from taking your ship, but at that point you should accept your fate, surrender and save your crew/officers as some recompence.

'Ganking' is just one of those things we have to deal with in an open world game like this. I've been ganked and lost significant amounts in ships/cargo, but we just have to keep our chins up and accept that that is how the dice have rolled for us. I might whine to my clan mates if it happens to me, but there is no point in complaining in general, because another day it might be me doing the 'ganking' with my compatriots.

*There are DN players who routinely advertise in Nation chat about going on trade routes together, in order to form a fleet to deter would-be attackers whilst also going about their mercantile business. Just an example of the way you can accomplish your objectives and lessen the danger of your journey through cooperating with other nation members.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 4

I'm so sick of the word "gank". Really anything short of a one on one with identical ships is called a gank by the more timid sailors on the high seas.

If you want fair one on one fights challenge people to duels. Don't expect everyone to sail around and attack solo because that is what you choose to do. If you do not want to be attacked than don't put yourself in a position to be attacked. Know your ship and know your enemies ships and use the best point of sail to escape them which is now easier than ever with the new wide circle tag mechanic. I play solo 99% of the time and always in enemy waters and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I have been "ganked" without being able to survive to tell the tale.

This game already has (too) many ways to avoid being attacked as is without adding more. If you do not enjoy being attacked than I would suggest playing on the PVE server rather than trying to place even further battle restrictions on the PVP server.

• Like 3

I believe we need the timers back though. People getting killed in front of capitals in trader ships and and now you cant even help them despite the fact that you are 30 seconds away. The 2 minutes timer was good, you cant get reinforcements from far away but you can get help if your friends are in your vicinity. PVE missions are open for half an hour and the pvp battles are insta closed. What is this if not the promotion of ganking? I understand that if one does a hostility mission on enemy territory it can be attacked in order to stop him, but I see so many people doing missions in their capital region. There is no hostility generation there and when a single guy gets attacked by 4-5 others that is in fact a gank. :) I believe if the PVE missions are open the PVP battles should be open as well at least for a few minutes. It could work like it does in the newbie area, you can join until the BR limit is even or just simply have the timer again.

You know that over used Office meme everyone posts when someone suggests a really really really bad idea? This is where that would go if I were motivated,honestly trying to motivate myself to be nice here.

So.....being nice and all. NO!

You've been given every chance to survive,national chats with intel,clans to do the same,personal/clan/NPC fleets,forts and towers along coasts,bad weather/fog,timers effecting tagging and of course the fact battles now close instantly thus preventing  more hostiles from piling in on top of you! Oh and then there are the sailing characteristics of the various ships,what point of sail were you using with what ship,every ship has it's best point of sail,this isn't a press W and go game and speaking of point of sail,you'd do well to exploit the fact there are no realistic trade winds,you're given an even chance at predictable (counter clockwise) intervals to use the wind to your advantage and against the enemy. The other players are being responsible in the fact they're representing their national interests by sinking you while avoiding being sunk at the same time. Quit asking to make PvP servers PvE servers!

If I take my Vic out roaming alone and I'm suddenly jumped by a 5 Pavel or Bucentaure squadron of the Black Clan how is this justification for changes to the game to favor me? I will have made the decision to risk a highly specialized and vulnerable dinosaur of a ship afterall!  Sorry Black don't get your hopes up,I won't be roaming around in a Vic or other 1st rate for your easy picking pleasure anytime soon. 

Here is where I give you advice: Stick to the PvE server if you don't want to face attacks by multiple attackers (which is historically accurate) and when you want your 1 vs 1 you can open the Missions tab and select Duel.

OK the not nice me is about to snarl so unless you want your feelings hurt you should STOP and mind you,this isn't directed strictly towards the OP but those of like mind in general...If you aren't willing to make efforts to learn to deal with threats,if you are unwilling to live with looking over your shoulder and you're unwilling to pay attention to and exploit your environment and you're unwilling to live with having lost a ship(s) then you deserve any and all bad things that happen to you. I am here for PvP,I came here to experience a dog eat dog world that was real naval combat where shit went down that was rarely FAIR. All nations lost ships to roaming "gank" squadrons and the like,there was no chat room or teamspeak for real Captains of the period to share intel. USS President is a prime example of this. You and everyone else who whines about this needs to grow up. Some days you're the dog,some days you're the fire hydrant. I've been both and that is what keeps me coming back. 

Edited by (NPG) DragonfireActual
  • Like 5

It seems to me one possible solution would be to use the Non Players Fleets IA  as a coast patrols, or sea police. In this way these fleets would be forced to  defend every player on disadvantage. For example, 3 against 1, or when the battle ratting was very different. To implement this change, should have more NP IA fleet protecting players and traders. It might even be right to request the help of these NP IA fleet and take your own command of these ships.

I think this could be possible only for coast areas, so everybody will be protected in some areas near your cities coast.

It seems to me one possible solution would be to use the Non Players Fleets IA  as a coast patrols, or sea police. In this way these fleets would be forced to  defend every player on disadvantage. For example, 3 against 1, or when the battle ratting was very different. To implement this change, should have more NP IA fleet protecting players and traders. It might even be right to request the help of these NP IA fleet and take your own command of these ships.

I think this could be possible only for coast areas, so everybody will be protected in some areas near your cities coast.

We already have that in the enormous tag circle and coastal ai fleets.

I think the best possible solution is to man up or ship out. Really I feel like this is a trolling thread that's how absurd these suggestion are. There is a PVE server which some people play on for reasons like those presented in this thread. I'm sure the PVE players would love a boost to their population and I'm sure you'll have more fun in the controlled environment that PVE offers you. Seriously play on PVE.

It seems to me one possible solution would be to use the Non Players Fleets IA as a coast patrols, or sea police. In this way these fleets would be forced to defend every player on disadvantage. For example, 3 against 1, or when the battle ratting was very different. To implement this change, should have more NP IA fleet protecting players and traders. It might even be right to request the help of these NP IA fleet and take your own command of these ships.

Thats ALREADY in the game? Now with the new circle its impossible to pull in a 1v1. PLus 99% of players never leave the coast line for fear of a fight.

The "ganking" excuse is just a made up term for players who either cant play well or cant handle loss at all.

Hello!

I’ve been playing Naval Action for quite a while now, and I feel the game has taken a wrong direction.  First of all the name should be changed to Gangs of Naval Action (ironicJ). I like the introduction of newbie region and a lot of the new details with the new patch, having said this there is some stuff devs should take into consideration.  My biggest disappointment is the perpetual ganking taking place all over the map. This is unacceptable!

So I decide to make some suggestions:

• Player taggs should only be 1vs1 and no join timer or group join.
  • Create more Nations, i acctually know this is coming but just in case.
  • Pirates should NOT be a nation. Instead every nation should have their own pirates.  Just like the check box for the smuggler make one for going pirate.
  • Introduce War Zones instead of this ganking action in and around capital regions. The outcome of this wars should be the amount of traders NPCs coming in to a region.
  • Introduce Pirate waters were the ganking is allowed and the players not enjoying being ganked can keep away.

Well this was my major concerns with this game. Otherwise the game is glorious and I love it! Keep up the good work!

P.S. remember devs:  DO NOT BELIVE THAT PLAYERS WILL BEHAVE RESPONSABLY!

Thanks for listening

Here is the thing. I could teach you how not to get ganked and you will probably no longer get ganked 80-90% of the time. It's not really a game mechanics issue. It's mostly a player awareness and personal skill set issue.

When you demand hard coded mechanics to force 1v1 what you do more than stop ganks is destroy the war simulation for everyone else. Obviously you don't play for the RvR war or you would understand the necessary relation for war tactics to generate off sided battles. No general or admiral in history makes plans that generate fair fights. That is the stuff of gladiatorial gamesmanship and not war.

"If you should find yourself in a fair fight then understand that your war strategies must suck."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...