Game-Labs Forum

What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

Who would you sail for?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

• Britain
    • France
    • Denmark - Norway
    • Spain
    • United States
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Other

Really you believe that the role of Spain in the American Revolution was superficial?

Erm...nope. I didn't say that either. I just stated that the French had both a more prominent role, and a stronger commitment to it. It was the foreign power that most supported the american independence. It also was the nation which most money spent on the effort (which ended up in the economic problem that ended up with the french revolution).

That doesn't mean that the Spanish role was of little significance as the support was important indeed and made a difference. It just means that Spain played a lesser -direct- role than France did in the independence of the colonies, as military speaking they were more worried in regaining what was lost in the 7 year war than in actively supporting the american revolution. French military commitment towards the actual independence of the USA was much more direct (and costly. And unrewarding).

chato, que soy español. No es cosa de hacernos quedar mal, o de minimizar nuestra contribución. Pero las cosas como son...los gabachos se metieron hasta el pescuezo, y en el conflicto en si. Nosotros fuimos a lo nuestro, en lo que es el esfuerzo militar de la independencia americana nos mojamos bien poquito...y bien hecho que estuvo y bien que nos fue, que es una de las pocas veces que las decisiones estrategicas globales de una guerra en España fueron tomadas con un poquito de inteligencia en lugar de con un exceso de pelotas :D.

Erm...nope. I didn't say that either. I just stated that the French had both a more prominent role, and a stronger commitment to it. It was the foreign power that most supported the american independence. It also was the nation which most money spent on the effort (which ended up in the economic problem that ended up with the french revolution).

That doesn't mean that the Spanish role was of little significance as the support was important indeed and made a difference. It just means that Spain played a lesser -direct- role than France did in the independence of the colonies, as military speaking they were more worried in regaining what was lost in the 7 year war than in actively supporting the american revolution. French military commitment towards the actual independence of the USA was much more direct (and costly. And unrewarding).

chato, que soy español. No es cosa de hacernos quedar mal, o de minimizar nuestra contribución. Pero las cosas como son...los gabachos se metieron hasta el pescuezo, y en el conflicto en si. Nosotros fuimos a lo nuestro, en lo que es el esfuerzo militar de la independencia americana nos mojamos bien poquito...y bien hecho que estuvo y bien que nos fue, que es una de las pocas veces que las decisiones estrategicas globales de una guerra en España fueron tomadas con un poquito de inteligencia en lugar de con un exceso de pelotas :D.

JAJAJAJ, Ok es cierto que los gabachos se lo curraron más, pero no debemos menospreciar el papel del Gobernador Bernando de Gálvez, y e apoyo clandestino a los americanos por medio de avituallamiento, así como la ayuda en la toma de Pensacola, y Saratoga. Es bueno saber que hay españoles por aquí, empezaba a preocuparme la superioridad británica en este foro :D  :D  :D

JAJAJAJ , Ok it is true that the French worked more , but we should not underestimate the role of Governor Bernardo de Galvez , and will support the American underground through supplies, as well as help in  the conquest of Pensacola, and Saratoga. Good to know that there are Spanish here, beginning to worry the British superiority in this forum :D  :D  :D

Britain player will almost always have a bigger number of players compared to the other factions

On one side because it is the "most famous" factiin of the time, on the other because you will certainly find there the most english speaking players

JAJAJAJ , Ok it is true that the French worked more , but we should not underestimate the role of Governor Bernardo de Galvez , and will support the American underground through supplies, as well as help in  the conquest of Pensacola, and Saratoga. Good to know that there are Spanish here, beginning to worry the British superiority in this forum :D  :D  :D

That's kind of the point. Spain support was in the form of very valuable supplies and money, smuggled goods from spanish origin were extremely important for the rebel effort indeed. But the french didn't just support them finantially and with supplies. They actually put a sizeable military force on the field to assist the Continental Army. And of course that is kind of going way farther than just giving money or smuggling important goods :)

As for the lack of spaniards around ,yeah, it's good to know I'm not alone either. But don't worry, I know where to find quite some people who will give a kidney and half their liver to play a game like this. I will spread the word about this in the proper forums once sea trials are out and my first youtube video about the game is uploaded :) And then there will be more of us around :D

Three Crowns to rule them all.... Sweden all the way ;)   Well, unless i cant play them i guess it's back to France so i can continue to hunt down our former enemies:

British Elites EN - All
Deathwatch SE, EN - All
Die Schwarze Legion DE - PvP, RvR
FalleN BuT RisinG RU - PvP, RvR
Hanseatic League DE - All
His Majesty's Servants EN - All
Le Arcorine IT, EN - All
Lords of the Burning Sea EN - PvP
North Star Trading Company EN - RvR
Per Aspera Ad Astra RU - PvP
Royal Marines EN - PvE
SBS Special Boat Service EN - PvP, All
Techno VikingZ EN - RP
The Devils EN - PvP
The Royal Navy EN - All
United Polish Navy PL - All
West Indies Squadron EN - PvP

España Unida-Union of Spain EN - RvR

Gang Bang RU - PvP, RvR
Los Guerreros EN - RvR
N O O B S RU, SRB - RvR, PvP
Polish Sea Wolves PL - All
Puremasters RU - PvP, RvR
Russian for Spain RU - All
Todos estamos solos RU - All

Brethren of the Cursed Rose EN - All
Combat Chrome EN, ES, DE - PvP, RvR
German Association of Pirates DE - All
Guardians of the Code EN - All
Its All Greek To You GR, EN - All
Kilkenny Cat's Used Ships EN, DE - Eco
Krawall Brüder DE, EN - All
Let's The World Burn EN - All
Los Diablos de Mar ES - All
Messengers of Death EN - All
Nordisk Fribytterkompagni DK, SE, NO - All + RP
Pirates of Dark Water RU - PvP
The Baltic fleet RU, EN - PvP
The Loose Cannons EN - PvP, RvR
Tropa de Elite EN, FR, ES - PvP, RvR

From all I have heard of POTBS, I think fun is the last thing it would be. Many of them sound like utter mountebanks and scoundrels, who would sell your granny for a thimbleful of rum. No offence to any members here intended and I do not include you good gentlefolk in my broad sweeping generalisation.... ;)

• Like 1

From all I have heard of POTBS, I think fun is the last thing it would be. Many of them sound like utter mountebanks and scoundrels, who would sell your granny for a thimbleful of rum. No offence to any members here intended and I do not include you good gentlefolk in my broad sweeping generalisation.... ;)

Most peeps was actually pretty decent :)

From my experience only a smallest percentage of the players from PotBS will enjoy and thrive in NA

Well, except for those who played it and ended up giving it up because how crappy it was. Those will find NA irresistible.

I know I do and I haven't even played it yet ;)

(Former "Javier de Quintana". Roberts server spanish privateer, CdA society)