Game-Labs Forum

What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

Who would you sail for?  

860 members have voted

1. 1. What Nation(s) would you want to sail for and be aligned to?

• Britain
    • France
    • Denmark - Norway
    • Spain
    • United States
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Other

Sat on the school bench of KNM Tordenskjold and served in the RNN (Royal Norwegian Navy). Would opt for Dano-Norwegian navy, but I really like the Royal Navy. Having the White Ensign on the stern would be my cup of tea, so to speak. 

Contrary to my avatar-icon… since this game will most likely be largely padded out with players being British...

I will always sail for Le Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge!!! VIVE LA LIBERTÉ, L'ÉGALITÉ ET LA FRATERNITÉ!! 'Allons enfants de la patrie-e…..' ;)

hopefully at a later stand i will sail under Deutschorden Flag, or Prussia.

For the Start iam thinking about France. love the look of the Flag at the end of my ship :rolleyes:

€dit: tha Hanse would be a nice choice, ( i know its about 200-300 years past them)

Edited by AtomicTiger

Ive always been fond of the dutch, but im not sure id go with them in game.

It all depends on just what this choice ends up meaning in game. If it means nothing other than the look of your flag ill probably wait to see whats popular and then join the 'largest of the underdog' factions.

But depending on what other things and gameplay influincing factors there may be ill have to think about it after more is known.

With out actually knowing anything of future plans i would assume these sorts of things when i hear about a realisticish open world nation building game...

1. Natural resources your nation controlls can influince the prices and availability of things

2. Trade routs your nation uses and patrolls heavily will also influince the above

3. Historic tendancies towards favored types of ship may influince how difficult it is to obtain that kind of ship

4. Regional industries, certain parts of the world produce certain things, if you want to be in the ___ buisness then maybe you should join ___ faction

Questions like how freely teritorial influence can shift, what kinds of nation-specific cosmetic options may be available, etc, all come to mind as well.

Or to summarize, i dont know yet. But i have always liked the dutch.

• 1 month later...

Hanseatic League (honestly, it should be implemented later(!), Prussia has nothing to do on the Sea...) > Dutch > Denmark > British Empire

The Hansa would be very interesting to play as, too bad it died out in the 16th century. Nonetheless, I would love to sail the Adler von Lübeck.

• Like 1

Port Royal in Pirates was always a good home base given the prevailing winds.  Will be interesting to see how those are modeled and if the governors daughter is beautiful or not...

• Like 1