Game-Labs Forum

Captains (or at least ships in ports) should be visible

As the topic says: all captains (or at least their ships - in form of list maybe) should be visible for all in same town. Its obvious that when you sailing into port you see ships in harbour and meet captains on docks. This will remove as well hiding in ports for ganking as all can see how many ships are in port. I pretty sure this was suggested earlier but i think its quite important to implement into game. Discuss please.

Here is simple example what i mean:

ncLPXqa.jpg

• Like 11

Brief sidenote:

If you lose the last durability on a ship and you spawn in a port, you will have no ship selected. I can't be 100% sure if this is the case after selling a ship as well.

Either way, this would be a means to mask your 'selected' ship list as you have portrayed on the right.

In that case list can be expanded to:

2 british captains without ship

3 dutch captains without ship

etc...

• Like 2

Brief sidenote:

If you lose the last durability on a ship and you spawn in a port, you will have no ship selected. I can't be 100% sure if this is the case after selling a ship as well.

Either way, this would be a means to mask your 'selected' ship list as you have portrayed on the right.

This also occurs if you teleport out and into one of your outposts, you enter it via teleport without being on one of your ships.  You have to select it after you get there.  The exception being if you teleport to capital and then enter.

Definitely should be added.

Harbourmaster(?) would write down ships that have docked and the nationalities in real life as well.

As for the pirates (and ordinary sailors as well), now they wont stay away from the tavern, will they?

There is nothing this would accomplish exept for letting the ever mad national stalk pirates . It solves nothing else that a chat bar dont already cover.

Wrong. I can think of many uses for this.

-trading (port is quiet -> good place to buy stuff. busy -> good chance to sell stuff)

-trader hunting (which ports do they use. "this port gets a lot of indiaman traffic, must be something worthwhile here. me wants it")

-war (which ports enemy uses for missioning, where are they going to prepare they attack from etc,)

-Bounty hunting!

Maybe the most fun use of it! We already have bounty lists on forums (hopefully still operational). This could be used to actually track down and pinpoint the routines of said target and actually find him with much less randomness and luck. And it would feel like proper bounty hunting. One could make a career out of it!

So, idea would be great addition to the game!

Edited by Apina

Definitely should be added.

Harbourmaster(?) would write down ships that have docked and the nationalities in real life as well.

As for the pirates (and ordinary sailors as well), now they wont stay away from the tavern, will they?

Wrong. I can think of many uses for this.

-trading (port is quiet -> good place to buy stuff. busy -> good chance to sell stuff)

-trader hunting (which ports do they use. "this port gets a lot of indiaman traffic, must be something worthwhile here. me wants it")

-war (which ports enemy uses for missioning, where are they going to prepare they attack from etc,)

-Bounty hunting!

Maybe the most fun use of it! We already have bounty lists on forums (hopefully still operational). This could be used to actually track down and pinpoint the routines of said target and actually find him with much less randomness and luck. And it would feel like proper bounty hunting. One could make a career out of it!

So, idea would be great addition to the game!

All of that can be done with trade and chat bars. You are simply wating to gank pirates or maybe lone trade ships.

Oddly when i sail into port i dont see the security cams and closed circuit tvs available to everyone to use to use the tracking device implanted in every captain who docks.

Why didnt they use these tools to capture pirates and outlaws in real history too?!?

with love and respect captain MrDoomed.

You seem to be slightly focusing on this pirate hunting/ganking aspect. This is not modern tracking device or whatever you call it. Fact is that ports knew what ships sailed in to the harbor most of the time. Also these kind of small additions to the game would give it character, give the port character and players that have seen visiting it. It would make it feel more alive. Which would be good for attracting new players to the game.

Now, with pirates, it is true that they might sneak in in the middle of the night and not leave a record of the visit. Still doubt if said ship purchased repairs or supplies it would go unnoticed. Or if did it should pay premium for services rendered and maybe entrance fee.

just think it would be very good addition

o7

with love and respect captain MrDoomed.

You seem to be slightly focusing on this pirate hunting/ganking aspect. This is not modern tracking device or whatever you call it. Fact is that ports knew what ships sailed in to the harbor most of the time. Also these kind of small additions to the game would give it character, give the port character and players that have seen visiting it. It would make it feel more alive. Which would be good for attracting new players to the game.

Now, with pirates, it is true that they might sneak in in the middle of the night and not leave a record of the visit. Still doubt if said ship purchased repairs or supplies it would go unnoticed. Or if did it should pay premium for services rendered and maybe entrance fee.

just think it would be very good addition

o7

Well since it was said with love .