Game-Labs Forum

PVP 2 The battle of something for Morgons Bluff

JobaSet

I don't think we're hearing the whole story.   Hard to imagine that the defenders could win a battle by leaving it.I was the one thast

I was in the battle with 2 others when the Swords popped up and none joined so we won.  Your fault, work on your timing better.  We are not going to have a empty port battle, So deal with it!!! 

I don't think we're hearing the whole story.   Hard to imagine that the defenders could win a battle by leaving it.

lt's all ways been this way.  We stopped PB cause folks will drop flags and get tagged or run away and our guys would enter and leave ended the port battle. 

C'mon. I have seen the pirate's SOL gank squad at work. You wonder why no one will go near a pirate? It's because you never know how many pirates are actually there. Then you complain about game mechanics others used to defend themselves from your own gank squads whilst happily using whatever mechanics you can use to ambush others in force. I was on PVP2  just trying it out and actually starting to enjoy the challenge of rebuilding my financial and crafting position but this patch has done it for me. I can't even craft a frigate now.

I found your enormous gank squad both awe inspiring and also a PVP motivational killer. Your navy is bigger than the US navy and you wonder why they avoid you. Sorry, the sheer hypocrisy is just too much not to say something.   

• Like 1

C'mon. I have seen the pirate's SOL gank squad at work. You wonder why no one will go near a pirate? It's because you never know how many pirates are actually there. Then you complain about game mechanics others used to defend themselves from your own gank squads whilst happily using whatever mechanics you can use to ambush others in force. I was on PVP2  just trying it out and actually starting to enjoy the challenge of rebuilding my financial and crafting position but this patch has done it for me. I can't even craft a frigate now.

I found your enormous gank squad both awe inspiring and also a PVP motivational killer. Your navy is bigger than the US navy and you wonder why they avoid you. Sorry, the sheer hypocrisy is just too much not to say something.   

I've seen the pictures, their navy is not bigger then the US, they just sail in 1st rates all the time. Most of the pictures I hae seen have only been after a lot of US leave the battle, leaving a couple to be battered by their "1st rate gank squad." Honestly, if most of you are in 5th rates or above and you have double their number, the amount of punishment you could deal against  BLACK's fleet is insane.

Granted I have not seen a picture where the Pirates outnumber the US, so I would like to be provided proof to be corrected on this assumption.

• Like 2

It wasn't a picture I saw. I watched it happen. It was a screening fleet protecting a Spanish port for a port battle.  First, second and third rates with a sprinkling of connies and trincos. It was pretty impressive. And yes they disappeared (maybe logged off....I don't know) then reappeared behind the USA fleet and caught some ships...stragglers I think, as you said. 

Then the free port switch and squash...where they have a lone pirate out the front. Attack him and you are gone. I saw the SOL gank squad appear for that too. 

The think I am saying is it is well and good for them to complain about game mechanics e.g. large fleets in USA territorial waters when they use other game mechanics to ambush people. It's a bit rich. 

• Like 2

I was on PVP2  just trying it out and actually starting to enjoy the challenge of rebuilding my financial and crafting position but this patch has done it for me. I can't even craft a frigate now.

Switch to the Dutch nation. All of our clans are working extremely well together in crafting.

• Like 1

I was in the battle with 2 others when the Swords popped up and none joined so we won.  Your fault, work on your timing better.  We are not going to have a empty port battle, So deal with it!!! 

If the mechanics have changed, it would be good to know about it.  My understanding was that one would be able to enter a port battle for the duration of the battle.  Where did you hear about this rule change?

lt's all ways been this way.  We stopped PB cause folks will drop flags and get tagged or run away and our guys would enter and leave ended the port battle. 

No, it has not been that way.  It used to be that once a flag was planted, we had 40 minutes to join the battle.  It didn't end just because no attackers entered immediately.  Your memory is not accurate.

No, it has not been that way.  It used to be that once a flag was planted, we had 40 minutes to join the battle.  It didn't end just because no attackers entered immediately.  Your memory is not accurate.

Regrettably, he's right. This mechanic has been in long before the patch.  It was terrible then and even more so now because it basically makes the 24 hour window for conquest nullified.

Regrettably, he's right. This mechanic has been in long before the patch.  It was terrible then and even more so now because it basically makes the 24 hour window for conquest nullified.

Don't think so, I've seen PBs where the guy planting the flag drove on to plant more and the attackers joined quite a bit later.

Yes it has always been this way.  If you join the battle as the defender to start the timer and no1 shows up the battle is over at the end of the timer.  It even Says battle over.

Don't think so, I've seen PBs where the guy planting the flag drove on to plant more and the attackers joined quite a bit later.

Its not the attacker it is the the defenders if they join and no one joins before the start timer ends it is over.  Like 5 mins. from start to finish.  Your are just use to planting a flag on a empty port battle.  Waiting 5 mins before you can sail and kill the towers with no one around.  Its that 5 mins that start when any one joins you forget.

Really a bad way to have port battle mechanics.

Dev's need to step up and either change this or change port battles dramatically.

LOL yea OK didn't stop all of the US player longing in and joining the PB today instantly.  They learend and had people sitting on there thumbs out side because they could not get in because it was full 

It wasn't a picture I saw. I watched it happen. It was a screening fleet protecting a Spanish port for a port battle.  First, second and third rates with a sprinkling of connies and trincos. It was pretty impressive. And yes they disappeared (maybe logged off....I don't know) then reappeared behind the USA fleet and caught some ships...stragglers I think, as you said. 

Then the free port switch and squash...where they have a lone pirate out the front. Attack him and you are gone. I saw the SOL gank squad appear for that too. 

The think I am saying is it is well and good for them to complain about game mechanics e.g. large fleets in USA territorial waters when they use other game mechanics to ambush people. It's a bit rich. 

We had over 20 players, but US had filled that port battle with 25 players even though we had many guys in battle out side so US had over 25 folks.  In fact when we got the two Santis there was 16 players in that battle against our 5-10.   But every one left leaving the two first rates to be captured by us.  We caught 17 first rates that first week between the US port battle and the Brits first battles taking Spain ports.   We got 2 Santis at the Brit port battle.   So we where doing what your suppose to do on a PvP server...>PVP<.   If ya'll stop running every time we have the 1st rates out than maybe you will win some, cause every time ya'll have had us out number.

Now the problem with shallow water is that is suppose to be a newbie zone and they have over 29 players/AI on there side in the fight out side.  Why was all those AI's allowed in and why was the region not listed as Newbie ROE?   Today at Little Island it did list the area as Newbie and I was able to drag a few of them into the fight out side, but not all them that wasn't in the port battle.   Though great fight, if we had maybe 5 more players it prob would of turned out differently, but as it's a proof Pirates do not have the numbers US and even British does, it's just one clan BLACK brings out numbers of strong players when we fight.  With the help of ZILCH and COMM, but we don't fight in shallow waters much so you don't see us there and it leaves the little clans hurting. I'm one of the few members of my clan that will play in shallow waters cause I like playing different ships.

We had over 20 players, but US had filled that port battle with 25 players even though we had many guys in battle out side so US had over 25 folks.  In fact when we got the two Santis there was 16 players in that battle against our 5-10.   But every one left leaving the two first rates to be captured by us.  We caught 17 first rates that first week between the US port battle and the Brits first battles taking Spain ports.   We got 2 Santis at the Brit port battle.   So we where doing what your suppose to do on a PvP server...>PVP<.   If ya'll stop running every time we have the 1st rates out than maybe you will win some, cause every time ya'll have had us out number.

Now the problem with shallow water is that is suppose to be a newbie zone and they have over 29 players/AI on there side in the fight out side.  Why was all those AI's allowed in and why was the region not listed as Newbie ROE?   Today at Little Island it did list the area as Newbie and I was able to drag a few of them into the fight out side, but not all them that wasn't in the port battle.   Though great fight, if we had maybe 5 more players it prob would of turned out differently, but as it's a proof Pirates do not have the numbers US and even British does, it's just one clan BLACK brings out numbers of strong players when we fight.  With the help of ZILCH and COMM, but we don't fight in shallow waters much so you don't see us there and it leaves the little clans hurting. I'm one of the few members of my clan that will play in shallow waters cause I like playing different ships.

What he said,

I still have 2 1st rates of the 7 I caped that day left, but no one want the 2,4s go figure

When sailing a second rate, I think running from a heap of first rates is good sound practice. Admit it, most of your fleet were SOL with plenty of first rates vs the US with a much more mixed fleet. Number of players alone does not paint the picture. 

You must also admit from your own description that pirates are acting more as a nation with huge fleets rather than the more traditional raiding pirate. What are you? Pirate or rogue state? Moreover when I went in there were few pirates left outside. I watched you mostly "blink out" of OW before I even entered the PB, allowing me straight entry. The US fleet gathered outside after the PB and sailed North. You guys reappeared and came up behind. 

What you can't get away from is you use all the available mechanics to promote ambush while whinging outrageously at any mechanics that protect ships near their own home waters. It's hypocrisy.

When sailing a second rate, I think running from a heap of first rates is good sound practice. Admit it, most of your fleet were SOL with plenty of first rates vs the US with a much more mixed fleet. Number of players alone does not paint the picture. 

You must also admit from your own description that pirates are acting more as a nation with huge fleets rather than the more traditional raiding pirate. What are you? Pirate or rogue state? Moreover when I went in there were few pirates left outside. I watched you mostly "blink out" of OW before I even entered the PB, allowing me straight entry. The US fleet gathered outside after the PB and sailed North. You guys reappeared and came up behind. 

What you can't get away from is you use all the available mechanics to promote ambush while whinging outrageously at any mechanics that protect ships near their own home waters. It's hypocrisy.

Last I checked those where SOL port battles, so is it our fault ya'll didn't show up with the ships to do the port battles just cause you know that there are little to now Spanish players on this server.  I mean one guy showed up.   Yes we weren't going to be in that port battle, but we wanted PvP so we brought ships that match the port battle you would be fighting if you where fighting another nation that could fight back.   

DEVS HAVE STATED MANY TIMES IT'S A PIRATE REPUBLIC.....so well until we have pirate mechanics than why shouldn't we fight the same way Nations are allowed to?  We are testing the same game mechanics you are. In fact we are at a disadvantage cause we are at WAR WITH EVERY ONE.   We don't have the option of the two largest nations banning together like the US and BRITS have.   Even than we still took Brit down to one port.  How exactly do the two largest nations that have the largest population let one of them get taken down to one port?  Hell it wasn't even all the pirates it was mostly one clan with 15-20 active players on most nights filled in with a few other Pirates that they had to fight.   Did ya'll notice what happen a few weeks before the patch was suppose to be here and we stopped fighting?   Yep folks where able to take ports back.   

Blink out of OW?  Can you please explain what port battle this was cause this topic was about Morgans Bluff and the only time I blink any where was into the fight after the port battle was over.  Hay sorry we know the mechanic better than others cause we play all the time.  Maybe if ya'll stop hiding and play some you will learn them too.  Though still not sure what this blinking out and back in was about unless your talking about some other battle.  Sounds like maybe a OW battle and than some time later we got out of battle and tagged some more players?  Though that wasn't yesterday at Morgan Bluff.  Pretty much after that fight I sunk so I just moved on to other things that night since the fleet out side was way to big to mess with with all there AI's with them. Talking about hypocrisy aren't you doing exactly the same thing your accusing us of doing?  You did bring 29+ ships into an OW battle.  I could of swore the fights are suppose to be 25 vs 25?  So how exactly did 29+ ships get into that battle?

• Like 1

What he said,

I still have 2 1st rates of the 7 I caped that day left, but no one want the 2,4s go figure

Wish I had the screen shot from that battle where they all left the Santi's, but I wasn't in that one I was in a different group fighting at the same time, which means we had been split up too.  The funny thing is I remember the guys in that fight said they where in trouble until they all started to escape cause they where so out number by the US players.