Game-Labs Forum

Please Stop PB Log camping before it starts

Bermuda is Special in that case since there is no neutral Harbour near ... and the PB is on a Monday close to the working hours of some People. So not everyone has the time to sail 2,5- 3h up there and this shouldnt prevent it from getting captured ... you are only so pissed because you will loose your only cedar port thats all :P

So you are saying Danes have a right to exploit since they don't like to sail? I disagree, I think honorable Danes would do it the way the Dev's envisioned and not exploit.

Just some players playing Dane are doing it the cowards way and sneaking into a port they hope to capture.

I was simply looking forward to following the Dane fleet from their waters to Bermuda and nipping at the stragglers = lotza PvP.

• Like 2

We have some interesting solutions but some of them are too drastic to post today - need detailed description but its already too late here.  ))) 

3-5 login timer will not help if port battle entry is 10-30 mins like right now. When we tried short port battle entry timers long time ago they usually created more problems. 

But the solution exist

remind me on monday please)) 

It is monday  ;)

BTW even if the "warp in" in ports mouth sees to all of us strange (to say the least)  port battle entry  being 10-30 min with a battle being announced  46 hours previously will make interception a too effective and unbalancing tactic , a battle outside port will maintain it even if you loose it 

Just put in a can't log out in enemy area? With the area's in place this shouldn't be too hard to implement i think?

As a side note, can't we just for the love of god NOT ruin the conquest mode again.

PS: If nothing else is possible, just remove log off when not in port. I much rather have the inconvenience of always having to sail to port to log out instead of these exploiters ruining it again.

Kinda like this that or it sends you to the nearest free-port after being logged off for so long.  This way you don't get sent to one if you get DCed or so or it's used to escape being attacked by other ships.  This along with I think if you get sunk you should be sent back to your capital not to the nearest free-port or friendly port.  This would be a good way for both to stop ganks and log off ganking by logging back in OW suddenly to capture/trap some one.

Bermuda is Special in that case since there is no neutral Harbour near ... and the PB is on a Monday close to the working hours of some People. So not everyone has the time to sail 2,5- 3h up there and this shouldnt prevent it from getting captured ... you are only so pissed because you will loose your only cedar port thats all :P

Whatn what the hell is Shroud Cay?  That is only like 5-10 ins sale from most ports in that region unless your going into the Newbie ZONE.  So your point is mute as there is a free port within an easy skip and hope from where they will be fighting.

• Like 1

So what you guys are say it is ok that the defender can TP to the outpost with the ship ready and join the port battle befor they can be tagged, when they also have the towers as help in port battle and know when and where the attacker fleet has to be (with the new tagging circle makeing it easy to drag alot of player into battle) but if the attacker have to sail more 2.5h and more and then logs of to have a chance to be near the port when it starts it is all evil and an exploit?

If the attacker can't join after logging in from Ow the same should be true for Players TP in and leaveing Port.

Edited by balticsailor
  • Like 4

Whatn what the hell is Shroud Cay?  That is only like 5-10 ins sale from most ports in that region unless your going into the Newbie ZONE.  So your point is mute as there is a free port within an easy skip and hope from where they will be fighting.

...Bermuda, not Bahamas. You know, that island in the top right corner of the map far away from anything else?

And as much as I hate the concept of these methods being used, in cases like this it's just ridiculously far away compared to any other port on the server. I'm sure that if the Danes get it they wouldn't have any qualms at all about the Brits doing the same thing to get it back.

...Bermuda, not Bahamas. You know, that island in the top right corner of the map far away from anything else?

And as much as I hate the concept of these methods being used, in cases like this it's just ridiculously far away compared to any other port on the server. I'm sure that if the Danes get it they wouldn't have any qualms at all about the Brits doing the same thing to get it back.

We acually do like to fight in 25vs25 port battles.

Bermuda is very annoying (Full Stop)...but supporting insta port entry defeats screening fleets and anti screening fleets. The 150 ship bonanza at BridgeTown on Saturday, one of the most spectacular sights in months in NA would be no more (now given how the server wobbled after it perhaps thats a blessing).

But if the developers are 'happy' with folks logging off and then all logging on at the same time (VERY EASY to co-ordinate) may I suggest they just add a magic teleport to port battle to everyone and select entry by those with the highest personal aggro points (and defender points)...and forget all this hard work about sailing there...and all the co-ordination that goes with it. This incidently is a TERRIBLE idea.

The problem with Bermuda being nearly inaccessible is indeed a problem. But lets not forget...the pain in the arse to capture it is equalled by the pain in the arse to transfer any goods reaped there !!

So please Dev's, have a think, it is, Monday after all.

• Like 4

So what you guys are say it is ok that the defender can TP to the outpost with the Ship and join the port battle befor they can be tagged, when they also have the towers as help in port battle and know when end where the attackes fleet has to be (with the new tagging circle makeing it easy to drag alot of player into battle) but if the attack has to sail more 2.5h an more and then logs of to have a chance to be near the port when it starts it is all evil and an exploit? If the attack can't join after logging in from Ow the same should be true for Players TP in and leaveing Port.

Lets translate this to a real age of sail port attack. Would the attacking fleet have to sail in from their own port to the attacked port? Yes. Does the defending fleet need to sail to defended port? No, there will always be a fleet inside a port and there will always be ships who have to sail in to the port as reinforcements.

So the way it is now is the most realistic way of doing battles. The logging of is just an exploit, as good as any other exploit every used with the flag mechanics.We had players quit the game because of the conquest flag exploits, if we want to lose more players on people who think its "OK" to use these exploits I say we get rid of the exploiters and keep the players who want to play a game based on tactics and sailing/shooting skills.

• Like 1

It is monday  ;)

BTW even if the "warp in" in ports mouth sees to all of us strange (to say the least)  port battle entry  being 10-30 min with a battle being announced  46 hours previously will make interception a too effective and unbalancing tactic , a battle outside port will maintain it even if you loose it 

There simply will be no screening battle! - The forts lose every meaning for screeners with this BS. While I will grant RUS/Danes that they had a lot of effort in that port they now have a port battle due to failed mechanics (hostility rising TWICE in 1-2 hours by over 50% (second time after the patch - I still wonder how that is supposedly possible after the patch was deployed supposedly reducing the hostility gain)) and due to exploiting the logout for an insta join on the port battle - should Bermuda fall tehre is no way for Britain to regain the isle for a whole week + while for the Danes a 2 hour sail for us it is 3 hours (in a Privateer which won't be good for activity or port battle) making this nigh on impossible to regain this port lost to complete and utter scammy bullshit.

Repeat after me kids: If we do it - it's an exploit. If they do it - IT'S A FEATURE!!! (Losing the port is an annoyance but the conduct and the double standards of the people involved in this on the forum and in game is what gets me going here - quite honestly should bermuda fall to it I will encourage this tactic to be used at every single port Britain can find - the salty tears will flow!)

• Like 1

Lets translate this to a real age of sail port attack. Would the attacking fleet have to sail in from their own port to the attacked port? Yes. Does the defending fleet need to sail to defended port? No, there will always be a fleet inside a port and there will always be ships who have to sail in to the port as reinforcements.

So the way it is now is the most realistic way of doing battles. The logging of is just an exploit, as good as any other exploit every used with the flag mechanics.We had players quit the game because of the conquest flag exploits, if we want to lose more players on people who think its "OK" to use these exploits I say we get rid of the exploiters and keep the players who want to play a game based on tactics and sailing/shooting skills.

Maybe is realist, and for sure -as Jeheil pointed- big ships fleet screening/countering are a magnificent view and the (a la PotBS) teleport into battle would pale in front of that . 

BUT current system makes faction population much a balance problem than previously, with few port battles (and with 46 hours advice) no assault fleet  from a low-population opponent should be able to reach port against odds.   Yes , this is as real world works  for sure ...but s this as we want the game ?

Repeat after me kids: If we do it - it's an exploit. If they do it - IT'S A FEATURE!!! ...

To be clear: "warp connection" is a exploit (in my view at least) no matter who has made it before , present or future....  If the port battle balance should be maintained we maybe need "port teleport tickets"  (againa a la potbs) , but if the decission is not having them ow entry should be reworked (imho of course)

Repeat after me kids: If we do it - it's an exploit. If they do it - IT'S A FEATURE!!! ...

To be clear: "warp connection" is a exploit (in my view at least) no matter who has made it before , present or future.   

• Like 1

OMG all this salt... just get your sh%t together Brits and defend Dermudas...

Unrelated to the Bermuda thing, its just an exploit and if it becomes a "go to tactic" for every nation we're going to have the same mud throwing contest every time a high value port gets capped because of this, and I think we had plenty of those contests in the past. Nobody likes losing an unfair fight.

The exploit was pointed out, now lets solve it so we don't need to have this discussion every other day and move on...

• Like 2

I'd like to add that the teleports not only make the game playable it also simulates the vast number of ships (would need more traders instead of warships to be realistic though) that were active in the region at that time - with the current player numbers that would otherwise be a pretty empty game. Players showing up at different locations due to teleport just mimics the vast number of ships in the area - you become multiple captains effectively - please ebar in mind - we are not askign for you to not be able to log in near bermuda - we are asking to be able to attack ships in the open world prior to the port battle which is hereby circumvented via an exploit. Again I can't stress this enough - should you get away with this every single nation will do this (partially out of sheer necessity to maintain the good ships we still own from the patch) and it will ruin the game - as Jeheil said - why not just wrap the ports up for the exploiters as a nice little present - I personally have no interest in playing against you guys like this and would probably either leave the game or end using this exploit to a) make you cry many salty tears and B) make the map a port hopping fest.

I'd like to add that not once has not resorting to using the eploits as I have mostly done so far lead to a better experience or reward on my end. Not using the battle screen has put me in danger as it should but at the same time I could see entire fleets jsut avoiding any kind of punishment. I am aware that we are testers but I am feeling now as if I am one of only few actually willing to find exploits and then report them and not using them especially seeing the unwillingness (this is only my impression) of the devs to do something about massive exploits and seeing people who use them to the utmost extent effectively remaining unpunished especially in the light that they ahve no interest in seeing them fixed. That defeats the purpose of early access testing to which I have subscribed and also destroys the fun in the game for me and many others.

It is starting to feel like the Tour de France were everybody is jsut cheating - we should turn the game into who can use exploits better then others to ahve a fair game again...

• Like 2

To be clear: "warp connection" is a exploit (in my view at least) no matter who has made it before , present or future.   

It was primarily directed at the double standards that Danes and French keep proclaiming on the forums and ingame were tehy are allowed to use methods like the above mentioned but should Britain even mention it we are the Zerg nation and are destroying the game with our exploits (starting to tire me out quite frankly)

• Like 1

Get 25 1st rate fleet (teleport them to Bermudas) and win a PB. I dont see any unfair fights here...

I understand that loging off outside of port like this is a bit unfair, but still it do not decide whether one wins or lose the PB...

I kinda does though - Dutch for example have an incredibly good screening and itnercept rate expecially in coordination with British ships. Danes ont he other hand are well known for their port abttle capabilities - circumventing the strength of one nation (screening for your port battle fleet but probably losing some not so important ships) is ok but not when it is being done via exploit!

Maybe is realist, and for sure -as Jeheil pointed- big ships fleet screening/countering are a magnificent view and the (a la PotBS) teleport into battle would pale in front of that . 

BUT current system makes faction population much a balance problem than previously, with few port battles (and with 46 hours advice) no assault fleet  from a low-population opponent should be able to reach port against odds.   Yes , this is as real world works  for sure ...but s this as we want the game ?

Well, I agree that population numbers are a bigger factor as they can create allot of hostility allot easier, while smaller nations have a hard time doing this. But we have no exact numbers on active players per nation, so we can't use it as argumentation. Some nations numbers are underestimated, some overestimated i guess.

I first thought, when I read all the devs post over the last months, the conquest would work something like this.

Nation A declares war on Nation B, Nation A can now "claim" any territory from nation B, and officialy declares this (could use same point system as politics to vote for area attack in a nation). The territory is now a contested area where hostility can be created/lowered for a set amount of time (one week). Nation A can only put one claim on Nation B at a time. Nation B can declare claim on an area of Nation A.

This would not require a nation to scramble around all its controlled area's to lower the hostility and divide its numbers, instead it would only need to concentrate on one area at a time. This will make PvP more concentrated and will for some part make player numbers less important. It would also be worth it for players to get an outpost nearby for maximum PvP acces. We would see bigger battles, more ships, more tactics, more fun.

Remember we also have the alliances going to even out possible disadvantages in numbers.

Yesterday afternoon, Sunday October 23rd myself and a few others from my clan caught [RUS] Clan from the Danish Faction logging off in front of Saint George's Town, Bermuda in first rates knowing full well that today October 24th that there will be a port battle.

1bv4icN.jpg

FBD1Nja.jpg

Payod3T.jpg

iGKZli4.jpg

NgzYRsN.jpg

0vM2cey.jpg

cxBm06r.jpg

Logging off at sea is currently not an exploit guys. 

The purpose of this thread is to find the solution to soften the effect of this without affecting the gameplay of those who don't participate in conquest.

Also remember that ports will be reset one more time before release and there are plans to reconsider the docks/outposts. 

• Like 2

Get 25 1st rate fleet (teleport them to Bermudas) and win a PB. I dont see any unfair fights here...

I understand that loging off outside of port like this is a bit unfair, but still it do not decide whether one wins or lose the PB...

A bit unfair doesn't exist, its either fair or it isn't. This would be like when playing football you are allowed to walk to the 16m line with the ball and only then the enemy would be allowed to start defending. You can still win, but it beats the point of the game.

Edit: I say no log out possible in enemy area, when you DC you stay in OW until you log back in. If you get dc'd you usualy can get back in within a few seconds, if you're internet is down or your PC broke (had this happen to me an almost lost a vic) its just bad luck.

Edited by The Spud

Logging off at sea is totally fine. using the mechanic to prevent a vital part of the game e.g. Screening is what we perceive to be an exploit of that mechanic.

We are not arguing that a fleet cNt sail to the port and log off so they can sail there at the time they want and still take part in the pet battle. Logging in and instantly being able to join the PB is what we deem to be the exploit.

If the attacking fleet would have the regular 120second can't join the battle rule applied to entering the port battle there would be a chance to screen that fleet, while the attacking nation would still have the chance to a ) fight off the screen with a frigate fleet of their own and b ) log off in front of the port to sail there at the time of their liking.

Edited by Chimera
  • Like 1

The purpose of this thread is to find the solution to soften the effect of this without affecting the gameplay of those who don't participate in conquest.

Also remember that ports will be reset one more time before release and there are plans to reconsider the docks/outposts. 

Awesome - guess what - I'm not ever gonna face screeners again. I'm gonna be using this 'tactic' only from now on. Let's see how that works out for everybody...

I understand not being able to fix it within a day but there are a couple of problems in your post:

1) We are actually not complaining about the logging off - we are complaining about the fact that after logging in they can immediately enter the port battle rendering screening attempts completely useless.

2) There is no way of 'softening' it - either the enemy fleet can do as they wish as is the case now or they simply can't do so putting them into the world attackable next to the forts. There really is no in between and I think you should stop wasting time trying to appease those that use what other palyers consider 'exploits' - lose those palyers the game will take a small hit but become good and enjoyable - then umbers will go up again.

3) Waiting for a port reset - haven't we just seen what that does to the playerbase?!

Simple proposed solution:

- Port battles can't be joined within 5 mins of joining.

- Fleets cannot log out within 5mins sail of an enemy port (unless in your own port of course (to prevent ports that are close to one another blocking each other)

(adjust numbers to viable values)

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 5

We can excuse any behaviour with "there will be a wipe".

I have no problem logging off at sea...even in enemy waters all good....life after all is life...if your tired, had enough or need to attend to lifes duties the game should not penalise you.

However attacking a port requires you to breach the enemy defences. This includes screening fleets. Its one of the best part of the game.

Bermuda is silly...too hard to get to tbh...but it makes it different and draws out different approaches..so maybe its good...and lets face it anything you farm there will require large effort to get out.

LOGGING OUT UNDER THE CUTLASSES....THEN LOGGING IN AND INSTA JOINING A PB IS NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

A super simple solution, that has no adverse effect...is that you CANNOT join a PB for 3 mins after logging in. Thats it. Simples.

Now if admins say out loud this ins't an exploit...you have sanctioned it...and it will be the new tactic for all nations....and the game will be diminished.

We spend lots of time setting up for an attack. Scouts, screens, timing the run to the port etc. All that gone...pooooof.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 18

We can excuse any behaviour with "there will be a wipe".

I have no problem logging off at sea...even in enemy waters all good....life after all is life...if your tired, had enough or need to attend to lifes duties the game should not penalise you.

However attacking a port requires you to breach the enemy defences. This includes screening fleets. Its one of the best part of the game.

Bermuda is silly...too hard to get to tbh...but it makes it different and draws out different approaches..so maybe its good...and lets face it anything you farm there will require large effort to get out.

LOGGING OUT UNDER THE CUTLASSES....THEN LOGGING IN AND INSTA JOINING A PB IS NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

A super simple solution, that has no adverse effect...is that you CANNOT join a PB for 3 mins after logging in. Thats it. Simples.

Now if admins say out loud this ins't an exploit...you have sanctioned it...and it will be the new tactic for all nations....and the game will be diminished.

We spend lots of time setting up for an attack. Scouts, screens, timing the run to the port etc. All that gone...pooooof.

+1 - I believe there should be a certain distance to enemy ports for logging out though as to actually make a fleet approach a port and not try to BR amassing sit there for 5 mins to join. It would also abolish certain ganking exploits where people would log out in the bay of KPR in the middle of the night and come back during normal times.

• Like 3

After reading all the moaning and complaints as well suggestions, I concluded it is best to place a 2min timer on the PB's. I understand people who left the screening fleet will complain about getting drawn back into the screening fleet, but that is part of the national effort to overpower the screening fleet. This is why its called "national effort" when capturing a port.

2min timer on a PB, but 30 secs to attack or be attack, which has an additional 30 secs to draw the enemy into the battle, which accounts to 1 min. This will certainly give the defenses more opportunity than the attacker.

I also think this will promote diversion tactics as we don't need a flag carrier anymore and players can diver the defense fleet away and then attack the port.

What I don't know is, how long is a port battle open? 2 hours, like before the patch or indefinitely?