Game-Labs Forum

dear Captains i am certain that most of u do not even know my name nore have not seen me in game since i have had real life things to short myself out whit.

The main thing is that i am talking up again into the forrums of this game is the boardign system i have been had soem boardings by some guys they had 100 crew less then any of my ships they boarded while my ship was at full sails they managed to board me over the rectricted boarding speed i wonder one thing...... since ive came one the first time how manny players did you lose listening to SOLEr and all the other noob USA guys and alll of the other guys trying to get the game back into an ganking game like they think is the best game to have like Pirates of the burning sea was getting into an certain moment but they left cause they had no fights left.........

I really do not understand why u listen so mutch to these persons and fail people trying to make ur game work to their own advantages or however u want to call it but ive seen and drop of people joining or even tryign to start playing ur game i can say one thing ur new system aint working specially an buccaneers boarding ship going against an royal navy ship lols so funny the royal navy ship is boarded loses 200+-_ crew first hit so sorry to see this game go down this road i hope u the DEVS see into the it one day before well ur death ahahha like POTBS

Some say that marines are OP. That may be, but everyone can have them. If you loose 200 crew first round then that's a failure of strategy.

Marines aren't craft-able so no not every can have them.  I got a MC set from a lower level player after he hit a trader a good long time back.  Most others don't have anything better than t Green or Blue.

Though the smart thing is just keep your distance and sink them if you know some one is board fit.  We do it all the time and we grape there crew down before our boarder in the group goes in and keep graping them while he boards them so they are pretty much useless.

Also, dont forget the better the Marines, the less seamen left to handle guns and sails.

= slower reloads, slower manouvering

Exactly, if you are in battle, you need to identify as best you can your opponents setup.  Cannonades versus cannon, boarding versus fighting.  Many of the ships load guns very slowly when marines are on board, and even slower with boarding prep activated. 

I also have (and still do) run numerous missions with different setups to understand what to look for when my opponents run similar setups.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

Exactly, if you are in battle, you need to identify as best you can your opponents setup.  Cannonades versus cannon, boarding versus fighting.  Many of the ships load guns very slowly when marines are on board, and even slower with boarding prep activated. 

I also have (and still do) run numerous missions with different setups to understand what to look for when my opponents run similar setups.

Now if the stupid AI will follow some of these rules.  I noticed ever one of the AI ships I have boarded lately has had marines on them and seem to still fire just as fast as if they didn't and wasn't missing 100 crew either.   I swear AI tends to hae like 10 mod slots and all gold mods half the time.  Hell I'm only doing those missions to test new builds.  I been trying to fill out my fleet a little better with a mixture of baording and combat set up.  Hell I'm still the only one I know of that has made a boarding Mortar Brig and it's worked out twice in my favor just having that one Green Marine and barricades in the last slot of the 3/5 ship.    

I'm hoping the new patch makes certain crew mods actually that  crew mods.  Marines, Boarding Parties and Powder Monkeys should be a rig up option for ships when they leave port.   Maybe it's one of the new building we are getting with the patch.

Some say that marines are OP. That may be, but everyone can have them. If you loose 200 crew first round then that's a failure of strategy.

or a failure of connectivity. Every boarding battle comes down to milliseconds, and those with slower connection or lag spikes at crucial times will die in 1 or 2 rounds.

It comes down to ping. Yup pvp1 players will argue this but i have a good connection and can click at last second and have fair to good results but there have been a few times, more than a few, when my ping was pretty high and i would lose more often then not because no matter how close to zero i click i got out guessed.

Ping and gold upgrades decide boarding.

• Like 1

snip-

Boarding will change to a diffrent systeme were you are able to move units rather then the current tic tac toe mechanic, other informations are not aviable to that topic. none of the Admins, devs or mods stated if it be 1st/3rd person, or RTS gameplay

But a similer Boarding as in POTBS is likley

boarding seems to have been fixed killed a ship by zero morale still had 263 crew on board :)

Yep and press gang works once more.  I had hit a Vick that was about to sink and got an instant win with my Board fit Bucc and got back the crew I had lost before hand from splinters.  I was like all new who's next?   Yah got a feeling this might get adjusted a bit.