Game-Labs Forum

BUCENTAURE cannons bug

elite92

hey guys i am reporting this "imho" serious bug with this beautiful ship: for several days i' ve tested its cannons and seems that the last deck(42pd) blaze come from below of the real position of cannons, this is bad because several times in battle u fire that deck simply in the water cause of too low height.

please devs fix this difference and re-align cannons and true start of cannon-ball asap cause it's frustrating waste a deck of 42 pd in battle...

post-19533-0-28988500-1474147808_thumb.png

post-19533-0-98626300-1474147527_thumb.png

post-19533-0-71140600-1474147855_thumb.png

• Like 5

This is not a bug. That seems rather historically correct and should imho concern more bigger ships in game. In the Age of Sail many ships were unable to use their lower gun deck on leeward side (due to heel in strong wind).

So you just need to depower a short time when you fire to reduce heel.

Edited by Guest

This is not a bug. That seems rather historically correct and should imho concern more bigger ships in game. In the Age of Sail many ships were unable to use their lower gun deck on leeward side (due to heel in strong wind).

So you just need to depower a short time when you fire to reduce heel.

Correct, but not applying to the bug described here, as you can see if you take a closer look at the OP's screenshots: Heel is 1 deg, 0 deg, 0 deg and the OP alrdy did depower, as you can see both from his sails and also the "stop" on the UI compass...

At zero heel and a fully depowered ship this simply should not happen. This bug is the reason why I use my Buc for boarding only....

• Like 2

Correct, but not applying to the bug described here, as you can see if you take a closer look at the OP's screenshots: Heel is 1 deg, 0 deg, 0 deg and the OP alrdy did depower, as you can see both from his sails and also the "stop" on the UI compass...

At zero heel and a fully depowered ship this simply should not happen. This bug is the reason why I use my Buc for boarding only....

totally correct and agree with you, i was stopped in the screens so no heel , it's a really annoying graphic/gameplay bug and has to be solved asap. ty for reply guys

Ships are modeled from original plans. The devs will use the constructed waterline to float their ships ingame.

If you can get your hands on good plans and proov that she lies too deep in the water (ingame) you can justify an adjustment.

However my brief search of her didnt get me a plan which enables me to calculate the freeboard to the lower gundeck.

I bet someone of the shipyard veterans does have good plans. I however dont..

Hence we have to take the dev's estimate as given until someone prooves them otherwise.

(and if the devs are indeed correct - which I do not doubt -  you have to take your complain to te shipdesigner:P)

as such:

Its not a bug - its a feature

(a feature which balances ships btw)

edit:

UYbHW68.jpg

Hm yea okay. I didn't take a close look at the screenshots.

Ships are modeled from original plans. The devs will use the constructed waterline to float their ships ingame.

If you can get your hands on good plans and proov that she lies too deep in the water (ingame) you can justify an adjustment.

However my brief search of her didnt get me a plan which enables me to calculate the freeboard to the lower gundeck.

I bet someone of the shipyard veterans does have good plans. I however dont..

Hence we have to take the dev's estimate as given until someone prooves them otherwise.

(and if the devs are indeed correct - which I do not doubt -  you have to take your complain to te shipdesigner:P)

as such:

Its not a bug - its a feature

(a feature which balances ships btw)

edit:

UYbHW68.jpg

lol do u see the screenshots??? guys this is totally a BUG, the blaze come from below of the real position of cannon, that's all u need to know to call it a bug, so devs should do 2 things: lower the ship on the sea, or put higher the graphical start of the cannon balls to reach the position of deck

I found a ranging shot per gun deck helped resolve the issue.

yes, block the deck - fire, un block fire again but higher.... but this is not the way u fix a graphical bug like this

can be a visual thing as we cannot 100% see where you aim at.

But if thats the case, sure. it needs a fix

the position of the guns has been reset by holding down the left mouse button in the third-person view when the ship was stopped and sails closed, BTW the aim point is not related to this bug as the problem is at the start of the process, not where the ball lands... glade to read that u changed ur idea mod ;)

Edited by elite92

Take a closer look at the 3rd screen in the op: The flame burst and the cannon ball don't come from the cannons muzzle, but from a point below the cannon. And thats not just gfx, but the darned thing is firing to low....

Easiest way to test this: go for a 152 exp fleet mish with a Buc. You can blow Niagaras right out of the water, which is fun but rather uncommon for a 2nd or 1st rate. :)

Edited by Jan van Santen

That's weird.

You mean that when they built the ship they were so dumb that they decided to lower the deck so the guns could fire in the water when the ship is stopped?

And the British who took a few of those French ships loved that feature so much that they used them as well ?

Fortunately the Victory doesn't have that feature.

So far the only way to fire a broadside and try to avoid the problem is to fire by deck and adjust the bottom battery to aim high and it doesn't always work.

the moderator simply fail there , dont worry he changed his idea later after seeing screenshots... post without see attached files.... FIX THE BUG PLS

hey guys i am reporting this "imho" serious bug with this beautiful ship: for several days i' ve tested its cannons and seems that the last deck(42pd) blaze come from below of the real position of cannons, this is bad because several times in battle u fire that deck simply in the water cause of too low height.

please devs fix this difference and re-align cannons and true start of cannon-ball asap cause it's frustrating waste a deck of 42 pd in battle...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_17-09-2016_23-01-59.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_17-09-2016_23-01-40.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_17-09-2016_23-02-01.png

can you make a video please?

the moderator simply fail there , FIX THE BUG PLS

Please do not use inappropriate CAPS and do not discuss the good moderator in an inappropriate manner, without any provocation from his side.  

• Like 2

can you make a video please?

Please do not use inappropriate CAPS and do not discuss the good moderator in an inappropriate manner, without any provocation from his side.

everyone can sail a bucentaure and fire the lower deck to see it's bugged in the way i describe it. just lock the other 2 decks and fire with the rapid broadside key :) happy to see u here admin

PS: i have a very poor connection and pc mate , and i ve never registered a video and uploaded , so if u can prove urself the buc... it's a fantastic ship but this difference of some meters in height make the last deck horrible to use in battle

Edited by elite92

I have noticed similarly that at least the graphics on the l'Ocean have similar(that the graphics for the smoke and flash etc are lower than the bottom gun deck), il see about making a video of it tomorrow as well.

i can confirm that spanish first rate Santisima does NOT have this problem, but i cant test other line ships atm, btw thx for the video