Game-Labs Forum

HMS Endymion Hype :D

You ignore the fact that Control should be made default for everyone.

You may be right. I willfully ignore the magical and RoE changing perks for the time being in anticipation of their removal ;)

why don't you like Control perk?

It was what players wanted no?)))) 

open development and such :)

• Like 3

We actually like it so much that we think it should be a base mechanic included in the game instead of a special perk :)

• Like 5

You ignore the fact that Control should be made default for everyone.

I'm okay with this. Or, then we can discuss the general RoE mechanics with all ships and all players in the equation. Control perk messes with general ship balance, fast or slow and in particular chasers or no.

You tease!

Timers, exit timers and related mechanics, and determined defender has such a big impact on the game I'm extremely skeptical about having them as optional perk toggles.

Open development is a blessing and a curse, but I don't need to tell you this, Socrates. ;)

A tiny little story:

WoT has always had the problem with arti. Good players hate it and others may not. But balance apart from arti cancer was pretty good with a really good player at the head of the balance department. Zlobny I believe he was called. He quit (possible drama) and some other dude advanced to his position and things started to slide. A while ago they brought in another good player to head the balancing department. Just gonna let this sit here.

We use this expression in Norway (prolly inherited from some other dude in some other country...): "The tyranny of the majority".

• Like 1

Since you want control... mechanic the last part can't be irony, so I don't understand.

Oh, br diff. tag restrictions?

Defensive tagging feels like a gamey exploit, but it's really just fair play, and should be possible in all situations.

If leaving battle was distance-based (Control for everyone), then square-rigged traders would be unable to flee at all unless battles could start at slightly beyond Control range via defensive tagging.

And as I've said a thousand times, distance-based exit should work hand-in-hand with exit timers. There can still be a timer when you are within Control range, but it should be 10 minutes or so.