Game-Labs Forum

Can we please get ship deliveries? Please?

These could work similar to free town deliveries.  If you can code it they ships could even sail in open world as AI.  We need a replacement for the telecutter.

Just attack a trader or smaller ship, demast then cap it. Thats how we use to do it

Just attack a trader or smaller ship, demast then cap it. Thats how we use to do it

Oh I know, I've been around long enough.  I took me 20 minutes to even find a trader this morning.  Also if you're taking the time to demast a trader to cap it you're doing it wrong.  It shouldn't be that hard to move a ship.  Also if ships are moving through the OW via AI it gives incentive to hunt them.  

Some may say to HTFU about moving ships. But I just can't find the time to spend moving multiple ships on multiple hour moves to different ports. To find AI traders around the area also can be a drag when I could be spending time doing something else. It may be complaining, but I think it would greatly help in moving ships to places that PvP happens, thereby generally having more PvP.

At the very least I support some sort of mechanic that would allow a player to be contracted to move a ship or to contract AI to do so for a hefty fee.

• Like 1

Old system where you used cutter with smuglers flag To teleport was like abusing game mechanics...

Now teleporting big ships is just made intentionally Hard, yes tp' ing like first rates is pain Now, specially from freetowns where are enemies around.You neither sit in port and wait for trader To come near you and you use small and fast ship in fleet to help you catching trader.

Why? Because chasing traders lynx/cutter or even brig with vic/santi/pavel is just retarded...

Specially considering i have to move typical liveoak/extra planking port battle ship which is slow as hell.

This system just feels unnecessary both for time consuption and the fact you have To spend (depending on your luck) so much time just for moving our ships...

Other friendly players dont understand why santi is chasing Basic cutter or small ship and just crabs ai in front of you...or joins in and sunks the ship you are trying To cap for teleporting.

Id like To see same system for ship deliveries like we have on moving goods.you should be able to send your ship but it takes some time.i dont like this system we now got where you are forced To spend so much time just for simple logistic movements, at least niw when "old" port battle mechanics are still used.

It's nonsense of the latest patch that you can't attack "friendly" smugglers anymore.

Smugglers are smugglers despite of which national flag they are waving. Nobody in the Age of Sail could have prevented e.g. a British Navy Ship from engaging a British Smuggler Ship. It was totally possible and legitimate.

Edited by Guest

The new exploit (at least pre 9.94) is putting a Cutter in your fleet of the ship you want to TP. Tag something from long distance, preferably a trader. Run away. Take command of the Cutter and TP the other ship.

I presume it still works in 9.94. Can't wait to get back home and try things out again. :)

Edited by Skully

Why, WHY does this generation of gamers want everything RIGHT FUCKING NOW !!!!

Seriously though, whu do you have to move all your ships right now ! Why cant you move 1 or 2 ? Move another one later or God freaking forbid go out in the big spooky world and kill shis and use that fight to sling your ship.

Jesus. This game never is " over" and there is no " winner" key you know that right ? Just play the damn game, take more than 10 minites to level and to move and to think.

I hope people dont live thier real lives like they play, then again ive seen the modern world so ......

• Like 1

Heaven forbid that after a full work day some of us would rather sail to fight, instead of sail to move ships.

I will not disagree with that.

I also agree that, the same way the age of sail was slow, there's no rush for anything. Personally I plan ahead and spend a week moving ships about. I know it will be impossible to do everything in one or two evenings.

So it becomes kind of dumb to agree that everything must be at the reach of a teleport.

The character teleport is great. Ships going everywhere at anytime is harder to digest.

And if you think about it it is only fair to yer fellow traders which have to sail their "cargo". An admiral cargo is their fleet.

Heaven forbid that after a full work day some of us would rather sail to fight, instead of sail to move ships.

Heaven forbid you sail to the fight and let those that like trade sail to trade.

Oh wait you want instant gratification of being in total control.

Heaven forbid you sail to the fight and let those that like trade sail to trade.

Oh wait you want instant gratification of being in total control.

You're missing the point entirely. We would not care if there was a timer attached to the ship delivery, similar to cargo deliveries, and the ship has to be empty. This is not about instant gratification, it's about being able to let the AI do the mundane tasks so we can go and PvP or trade or do something important. Maybe you have 8 hours a day to move ships around and still fit in PvP and trading, then by all means use that time to move ships. I would rather be engaging in the game and providing content for other players in the few hours I have to spare after work and kids, instead of watching my ship sail completely empty.

Personally I liked being able to sling ships around, but I get why they put a stop to it. I do think that we need another mode of transporting ships to outposts. Perhaps your officer could be set to sail to a specified destination, paid by the day at sea in gold, and then the ship and officer wait at that port for your eventual arrival.

I agree that they should appear in the OW and be vulnerable to attack. I would even say that it should be limited to one journey per (RL) day that your officer can perform. Maybe also restrict it to zero cargo.

Having to sail ships to destinations in person is a good thing for the game imo, but not all of us have time to do that and for that reason a mechanic like this is needed.

Why, WHY does this generation of gamers want everything RIGHT FUCKING NOW !!!!

Seriously though, whu do you have to move all your ships right now ! Why cant you move 1 or 2 ? Move another one later or God freaking forbid go out in the big spooky world and kill shis and use that fight to sling your ship.

Jesus. This game never is " over" and there is no " winner" key you know that right ? Just play the damn game, take more than 10 minites to level and to move and to think.

I hope people dont live thier real lives like they play, then again ive seen the modern world so ......

I think a reasonable compromise would be exactly what numerous others have proposed - allow ship deliveries that sail on the open world, exposing us to loss of ships, cargo, and crew.

Is this *game* about positioning chess pieces, or using chess pieces?

Bottom line is that most of us don't have the desire to spend our limited time merely positioning chess pieces. I think most would rather use them.

Attach a gold cost, attach a timer/cool down, or whatever other cost would be appropriate. But I just don't think there are going to be too many people interested in just sailing.

Edited by Obi-Heed Kenobi
  • Like 1