Game-Labs Forum

Hello England

whynotfr

If that's the case, do the diplos know when you intend to vacate Bani/Azua? Been there for quite a long time now.

After all.

For as long as the Danes grant us access.

Don't try to outsmart us, you want an answer? here it is.

For a month, renewable.

now stop trolling.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Maybe the parties should come into direct contact with each other instead of creating another flame war within the forum. Can´t remember that this "tool" ever was a success/help for the french or any other nation diplomacy. To get an agreement, both parties would actually need to listen to/to be interested in each other needs. Not sure if they are ever willing to do so which makes this whole topic obsolete anyway, isn´t it.

• Like 1

Maybe the parties should come into direct contact with each other instead of creating another flame war within the forum. Can´t remember that this "tool" ever was a success/help for the french or any other nation diplomacy. To get an agreement, both parties would actually need to listen to/to be interested in each other needs. Not sure if they are ever willing to do so which makes this whole topic obsolete anyway, isn´t it.

Until theres specific game mechanics to enforce agreements like this, they will never work, since there will always be anarchists in all nations. Not to mention that there there has been a lot of bad blood, and a lot of players from both sides do so just to spite the other nation.

Other than that heres a few minor details, that you are missing Mr. Tenaka, and feel angry that people dont listen to you, while you refuse to listen yourself.

a) While 3 months ago there was no dispute that Great Britain was the most populated nation in the game (actually running out of space in the national TS filling 200 spots), pirates have long since taken that spot with a massive part of Brits quiting the game and a lot of defection to the Pirates. This Sunday was the first time we managed to form 2 fleets and there were songs of joy of the turn up of players. Put this little fact side by side with the fact that we are at once fighting arguably the largest current nation, 2 more nations that come close to our population and the Danes at the same time, and you will come to the realization that if we put all the ports at the same 2-3 Euro prime times, its the same as giving them away, not to mention that you would still be fighting empty ports, since at the very best GB can currently muster 2 defenses including pubbies during prime time.

B) Although the captain, and fleet commander that was in charge of taking southern Haiti and put those timers do deserve a slow sarcastic clap, since we actually had at least 10 capable captains online, that could have and should have been defending it, not a single one of them were informed that Haiti was set to such a timer, and not a single word was written in the admiralty orders of the nation, even it was a war front territory suspect to attack, your perception that players like me who usually can play actively during week days only from around 11p.m to 4-5a.m server time should not be able to participate in RvR activity since it is inconvenient to you, is hypocritical at the very least. 

• Like 1

- It wouldn't be that hard to enforce

- You seem to forget the US/Dutch/Swedes

- I wouldn't want to be of any trouble to you, if it pleases you, we can and will set all our future port timers to 04-06 server time.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

your perception that players like me who usually can play actively during week days only from around 11p.m to 4-5a.m server time should not be able to participate in RvR activity since it is inconvenient to you, is hypocritical at the very least. 

Another great reason for split servers.

I disagree with split servers as much as I loathe national focus communities. It is the "global village", we play with folks from all over and there are people everywhere that work in shifts. I personally like One place, One community, One world.

• Like 4

I disagree with split servers as much as I loathe national focus communities. It is the "global village", we play with folks from all over and there are people everywhere that work in shifts. I personally like One place, One community, One world.

I agree with that but if the timer in the haiti ports were a problem of time zone, they would have been defended...Les Cayes was not

• Like 1

I am not only looking to PBs sorry :) but the whole spectrum of playstyles.

Conquest seems very much one sides for some reason.

Question: Do clans have accurate numbers of members.

Should be nice to have a breakdown of players per nation as provided by the clans :)

- It wouldn't be that hard to enforce

- You seem to forget the US/Dutch/Swedes

- I wouldn't want to be of any trouble to you, if it pleases you, we can and will set all our future port timers to 04-06 server time.

-Without reworking the entire mechanics, if you have any suggestion as to how enforce all players of the nation following the decision of a a few guilds that sign a gentleman's agreement i would more than happily hear it out, and if its something that wont take away major developing time, that is already focused on alliances that seem to be the most realistic solution, and actually works, you will have me to sign the petition first in line.

-Although we have acquired friends in the recent months (still feel strange when a player with a red tag swims close to me and is friendly O.o), the entire idea of that post is that we dont have the man power in GB to put all of our ports on the same 3 main prime time hours, and non of those allies can enter our port to defend it. 

-I would not mind as i play during those hours

Another great reason for split servers.

If anything i see it as the exact opposite, should have enough players on all nations to participate in all time-zones, instead of tumbleweeds floating in 2 dead servers :/ Might change my mind if it was back like in the good old days with 2500+ people in prime time, but again when the population was that high there were usually people of all time zones on most nations 

-Without reworking the entire mechanics, if you have any suggestion as to how enforce all players of the nation following the decision of a a few guilds that sign a gentleman's agreement i would more than happily hear it out, and if its something that wont take away major developing time, that is already focused on alliances that seem to be the most realistic solution, and actually works, you will have me to sign the petition first in line.

If we were able to create something like the treaty of the antilles, witch atm is more or less working (with some hiccups that are beeing managed) nothing is impossible.

Although we have acquired friends in the recent months (still feel strange when a player with a red tag swims close to me and is friendly O.o), the entire idea of that post is that we dont have the man power in GB to put all of our ports on the same 3 main prime time hours, and non of those allies can enter our port to defend it.

We did just that during The Antilles War, it was hard, it was long, we lost ports, but we fought on and we were also fighting on several fronts

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

With love and respect.

It seems to me that whole treaty was written on french terms. All were (other nations at least) bored of the war because of mechanics. French would not accept peace without no-PvP on their home waters. Both swedes and dutch agreed because they did not want the war to begin with. You're reason was that you wanted to attack brits which you hate. So no PvP at your home (does any other nation have this?). All suffered from the same bugs and mechanics.

So then you attack the brits, do well at the beginning and then hit a pump and are pushed down to 2 ports on the south side of la espagniola(?) and now are saying that you might stop RvR. And in between taking the Rosaly from swedes by rogue clans (true or not. lets play its true).

My question is what can the rest of the community do, to make french happy and enjoy the game without all the time complaining about something?

And I raise my hat to french captains I have fought. Large majority have been polite, excellent captains and been fun to fight against.

Good winds

With love and respect.

It seems to me that whole treaty was written on french terms. All were (other nations at least) bored of the war because of mechanics. French would not accept peace without no-PvP on their home waters. Both swedes and dutch agreed because they did not want the war to begin with. You're reason was that you wanted to attack brits which you hate. So no PvP at your home (does any other nation have this?). All suffered from the same bugs and mechanics.

So then you attack the brits, do well at the beginning and then hit a pump and are pushed down to 2 ports on the south side of la espagniola(?) and now are saying that you might stop RvR. And in between taking the Rosaly from swedes by rogue clans (true or not. lets play its true).

My question is what can the rest of the community do, to make french happy and enjoy the game without all the time complaining about something?

And I raise my hat to french captains I have fought. Large majority have been polite, excellent captains and been fun to fight against.

Good winds

In fact the first draft of the Treaty was written by Lytse Pier, a Dutch player. o7

While its true that we have a no pvp zone, at first this zone extended on the whole Sanctuary area and was for everyone. Following discussions this was reduced to "land in sight only". The Dutch and French were not happy with that (fog? night? too complicated) and the Danes and Swedes wanted to keep PVP in their home waters. The four nation had there ideas about what they wanted. Positions changed more than once.

In the end there is two no pvp area: the french zone and the Dutch zone.

We don't hate the Brits, we are just at war with them. And we have not decided yet to stop RvR, its just being discussed.

As for Rosaly our diplomats are in contact with the swedish to resolve this issue. Screenshot of the participant were taken and provided to the Swedes and no member of the CSNF took part.

As for the French you are right, being french we love to complain but we are not alone in this case. Players from every faction have voiced their opinion about the timer/ Flag mechanics

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

If anything i see it as the exact opposite, should have enough players on all nations to participate in all time-zones, instead of tumbleweeds floating in 2 dead servers :/ Might change my mind if it was back like in the good old days with 2500+ people in prime time, but again when the population was that high there were usually people of all time zones on most nations 

Nationalities congregate, critical mass is needed to achieve anything productive (at least one PB fleet) and most of the nation's timers and action tends to be around whichever majority is in that nation with the other hours being pretty dead. Because of that, unless you have a significant population of a certain timezone, those players will most likely move to a nation that does and create even more of this unbalance - so what you're imagining is a bit of a utopian scenario.

Would hope to see split servers as well.

1. In fact the first draft of the Treaty was written by Lytse Pier, a Dutch player.

2. While its true that we have a no pvp zone, at first this zone extended on the whole Sanctuary area. Following negociation this was reduced to "land in sight only". The Dutch were not happy with that because their cities were far apart. In the end there is two no pvp area: the french zone and the Dutch zone.

1. I think the user refereed to the content, not to the one who can call himself the author.

2. That´s not true, we have FULL open world pvp but with the exception of France only, cos its simply unfair that u could raid in our waters while we can´t do the same in yours. We favored Full OW PvP for all faction as the french know.

Edited by praefect

1. I think the user refereed to the content, not to the one who can call himself the author.

2. That´s not true, we have FULL open world pvp but with the exception of France only, cos its simply unfair that u could raid in our waters while we can´t do the same in yours. We favored Full OW PvP for all faction as the french know.

1. Well for the content there was so much discussions about so many things that no nation can say they enforced all terms...they is still things we are not happy about but that we accepted.

2. it is still a no pvp zone. and we still have open world PVP with the exception of the Dutch, Swedes and Danes. As I said the no pvp zone was much larger at first and the Dutch were not opposed to this. You changed your mind later (witch is your right) after speaking with the Swedes I guess (and us with the Danes). I still have the drawn maps that were exchanged with Pietjnoob.

Negociation is about joining opposing view. We did just that. This can't be overstated.

But we are getting a little off topic here

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Personally I hate the port timer system and because of my playtimes 10-02 I get to go to very few port battles. I really think and hope that port attack windows should be randomly set by the game meaning that country a take a city the game randomly set the next window in which the port could be attacked this would remove all these complaints of port timers and exploiting jibes on all sides.

• Like 1

Personally I hate the port timer system and because of my playtimes 10-02 I get to go to very few port battles. I really think and hope that port attack windows should be randomly set by the game meaning that country a take a city the game randomly set the next window in which the port could be attacked this would remove all these complaints of port timers and exploiting jibes on all sides.

This could diserve a try... A random 2-3 hours window.... Would add some unexpected events and make things even for everyone.

Of course this idea would work best with large player population (5k on a server) and everyone would have his share of action.

I am quite like you, always play late afternoon European time and having few evening free.... And quite frustrated by not being part of the life of the game....

• 2 weeks later...