Game-Labs Forum

Defend you buggers!

Skully

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267217313730109170/E79E89B84B5EE9A0AC4D3D817F5FDC8F9EE90F94/

The counter on defend is 5 seconds in, the round counter is 4 seconds down. So as you can see I pressed defend before the round was done. It did not catch however.

I don't mind losing that basic Constitution, but I think something needs to be fixed here.

Yeh the boarding game is PANTS.

As a by the by...your ping is 13....13....do you live in their server room !!

My ping is 310....which means I MISS ALOT of last second switches...in both directions.

I often see my opponent on BRACE and then the log shows ATTACK/DEFEND or transversly I hit Attack/Defend in the last .5 second...and NOTHING gets picked up.

It is the only part of NA that playing in a 3rd world country (Australia) actually spoils NA.

In this particular engagement though skully the fact you were still afloat after the first run we had at you...where you were ablaze...one side stripped and all but beached was well...amazing !!

Great battle and I had great fun even though we lost.

Ahm... have a look at the lower left of the screen and on your survival crew. There was nobody to defend anymore, because your crew was manning the pumps. I believe you sunk :o

Edited by Dick Brave

Ahm... have a look at the lower left of the screen and on your survival crew. There was nobody to defend anymore, because your crew was manning the pumps. I believe you sunk :o

What Dick Brave says could be the problem in your case.  I realize it may have little bearing on your particular battle, but I have similar low ping to you (Skully) all the time, and the boarding anomaly you describe has never happened to me (crossing fingers, knocking on wood  :rolleyes:  ).

Haha, this is not about the fact that I lost my ship due to sinking, it's about the fact that the Defend did not go through at the appropriate moment. This has also happened to high pingers.

I think the rock/paper/scissor mechanics don't really work out well. Maybe we should hide the final 5 seconds? Then people can choose any final action they want without having to rely on latency mucked reflexes.

Or a system simply based on resource consumption not time. You can change twice or even three times per cycle but it eats resource.

To be honest boarding should be totally revamped. It is becomming a more and more important part of the game and arguably (given history) that is appropriate but if the open cannonball fight rates a 9/10 for fun and tactical skill, the boarding game rates about a 2/10.

• Like 1