Game-Labs Forum

Money… what is good for… absolutely nothing…

Since we always gonna get inflation because we can print money from damage, I would remove money from damage and change it with reputations.  Since gold is mainly use to buy ship, the way to acquire ship would also change.

What if shipbuilding would work on a the missions type, The admiralty would create a list of ship they want and at a fix prices(maybe the price could fluctuate if the supply are low on a certain type of ship) Trader ship would not be in that category, they would remain the same and sell through auction like right now.

The officer who would want to “buy” a ship would then spend is reputation point and buy from the admiralty reserve. There could be a bidding system.

You would still get money for mission and prize. I would even add a base salary, based on your rank.  This money would be use to pay your “officer” and other supply, upgrade, etc…. You could also use your reputation to get money, and vice versa: use your money to buy reputation.

• Like 2

Shallow bragging rights ? Marines inflation ? Indeed... too easy to come by.

Now imagine if you have to carry a chest ( pretty much RN standard ) with whatever amount you wish for necessities ;)

Suddenly money would have a different value...

• Like 1

I saw a post somewhere that admin mentioned money from damage will be removed.

Exactly, it pointed to  "damage printing money" as  a feature to ease our needs and  allow us  concrentrate in testing features ..... so it -happily- seems as we will not be swimming on it some (near?) day...

found the reference!

"If you remember - we said some time before that current resources and welfare Gold for damage are temporary to provide everyone with enough funds to test the game better. I don't not think money for just shooting should stay in the game. "

http://http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14416-crew-management-update-discussion/

print money for damage feature must go (i believe)

it is a legacy feature from the times when we flirted with session based lobby ship shooter idea

I would make sure I had a full and fun plan to replace at least some of the earning power before pulling the plug on that model. I remember that the damage gold used to be much lower, and then you raised it for some reason.  A full fledged pull out of it could have the same impact that removing the ability to "print" 3rd rates for port battles had.

Loosen the trade by improving margins, make missions more profitable, higher Admiralty rewards for prize capture, those could help.  

If all you add is grind, I would expect the same results as the 3rd rate change.

I agree 100% with OP

I have oodles of cash with little effort and I have NEVER needed to use harvest buildings because labor hours are worth way way more than money and resources easy to get.

Easy cash and dirt cheap ships have ruined all economy and sandbox.