Game-Labs Forum

State of the game 250 online at 10pm cst

well i dont know who the internal testers are but they fing suck period if they tested they last few patches and then signed off on them i would fire them so fast they would not what happened, i would have to say the are about as an incompetent bunch of testers i have ever seen in a game

i still dont understand why the dev of games dont use players to test patches now cause player and i hate to say this know so much more about the game than the dev do, i mean by  being played and what needs to be fixed

the dev have and idea what they eant to do and know how to program it but most dev are very bad at playing games and i think that is the major prob with games today

the dev of this game i feel only care about how they want to make the game and the numbers are showing people are quitting and most will now come back so continue on this patch of doing what you want and only the 100 fan bois will be playing and good luck with pvp then

Edited by Atomic Moose

Peaks at close to 2k at weekends.

"250 online, gaem dead, hear me, hear me!"

Sigh

According to steamcharts it's barely over 1300 total, a month ago it was about 1500 tops for daily regardless of what day.

Cut the B.S please

Data comparison for April/May

May:

owners%20may.JPG

Peak concurrent players yesterday: 1,379

Data April: 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12562-clanspeople-not-following-the-pvp1-zerg-rush/?p=233596

keeping in mind the sales figures {up 8k from april} ....  I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to how well the game is progressing.

cheers all

Edited by graphite
  • Like 1

Biggest issues with this game?

1) Battle is closed (we are having fun but you cant be part of it).

2) Escaping possibility in battles. (Finally you participate in a battle not closed - but hey - the opponent tries to reach the escape timer and sails away. After 30 min of pursue he manage to escape. (Or vice versa if you have the smaller boat).

3) The many, many hours a player needs to put into the game if the goal is to participate in a big PvP battle (only ones right now are PBs as 2 min timers limits the amount of players in each battle very much.) Yesterday I was sailing for 1 hours or so in order to establish an outpost close to a frontline. I did that but the frontline was moved. So I had to TP back to capital, change ship and sail for 30 min. I had a chance to actually participate in a PB after several attempts...ot so I thought. Unfortunately i never made it for the PB. An Essex engage me and tagged me. When my superior guns started to work on his sails he made a rep and escaped. Another 45 min wasted. Not fun, not challenging. 3 hours of game time altogether with absolutely no fun at all. Wasted.

Solution: Give up the OW and make a combat-ladder system instead. Then plp could jump in the ships of real battles like Victory at Trafalgar or the Constitution. You could make custom battles like the ones in Total War etc. It will work much better IMO. OW is simply too frustrating and time consuming.

Edited by fox2run

politics alliances and pirates will be addressed and they will improve conquest

but it will still be somewhat meaningless - unless gear treadmills are added to the game - for example you cannot sail victory until you get reputation level which you get if you capture 10 ports etc.. 

or you nation cannot own victories unless you own 20 ports.. 

But current design - you can sail anything without any limitations if you have money - contradicts with gear treadmills. 

if sutch a system would be made, it would have to be based on dmg doe and ships sunk, as you cant take ports in the pve server.

as for topic, overwatch and new update for division both at the same date. ofc you will see a drop in population in this game.

give it 1 month or a decent update to do something aboute the pirates and the players will return.

Edited by Nitefrost

That's EXACTLY why I bought it.

Grimgor !!!

Say my name ! Say my naaame !!! waaaaaaaaagh

Unsurprisingly I am also an Ork fan.

Someday they will uncover the "Sloop - Ork Gene" I guess :)

And, for the record, I bought this game "because ships" :D

• Like 1

Hope this game makes it i know i will be playing it as long as i can.

This game has huge problems that´s for sure but lets hope the dev´s are on the right way with it.

One thing that might address the shift in power on the RvR map is to stop players from changing to other nations and hold all there stuff over to there new nation can be done by taking out trade from players of different nations.

Please do not change the core system. I love the new damage model and think it works fine...maybe a tweak or two...the balance between PvP and PvE is good. I like to do both. I love the strategic/tactical/econ/ow mix of things to do....lots to see and do...yes we need more tweaks, features, ships, etc., but the core game is good. Don't change it. Those that want quick and easy "pew pew" should look elsewhere...this isn't your game.....love the challenge, grind, ow nature of the game....

• Like 1