Game-Labs Forum

How to fix the game and suggestions for priority of things that need to be changed asap

port mechanics and pirates are going to be addressed in subsequent patches (this summer)

changes to the damage model (finalization of armor tanking) will happen this wednesday. 

got it, so no point in playing this game till the summer.  thanks for the update.

port mechanics and pirates are going to be addressed in subsequent patches (this summer)

changes to the damage model (finalization of armor tanking) will happen this wednesday. 

Some elaboration on how the pirates are going to be addressed would be nice.  

Limiting pirates to inferior ships doesn't work in a game like this unless they have some sort of advantage to balance it.

Devs said many times they don't want a BR limit, so I don't see how they'll do this.

:)  If they make pirates hard to play and limit their ship size, I might actually want to switch to them...   Being a pirate should be very hard to play and becoming a pirate should feel like a terrifying decision to make.

• Like 1

:)  If they make pirates hard to play and limit their ship size, I might actually want to switch to them...   Being a pirate should be very hard to play and becoming a pirate should feel like a terrifying decision to make.

If find the current "Nation" gameplay very restrictive. You could make special Pirate content, however you could also see it a bit more generic.

I feel more for a system that will give a player (or clan) more control over it's standings towards other nations and thus choosing his/her own gameplay. To be who I choose to be, so to speak. Let the now senseless sailing AI ships and the rest of the world react to that, also players of other nations. You should be able to declare yourself an enemy towards a Nation, and doing that to every Nation you may call yourself a true free man, a pirate. A true reputation.

Furthermore, if reputation is what should precede you; when the Lords of a Nation decide that you should be an outlaw of the Nation, so it should be; One Nation's outlaw, however, might be the other Nation's celebrated hero.

Fame, reputation, renown. Aspects that should be ingame to give the world a bit more spice other than just "I am a pirate" or "I privateer for the Dutch". I now cannot be a Dutch privateer hired by the Spanish Crown to hunt pirates and declared outlaws of their nation.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 2

SW = Shallow water

pirates need changing - polls & History say no to 1st/2nd in pirate fleets......change should be made sometime .....pirates are not like any other nation and that is part of the fundamental issue with pirates  even now they are not equal they get advantages and no disadvantages.   I believe LV is of the same opinion.

I part\ly aggree... to teh 1st/2nd rates.. I think if we capture them we should still get to use them:)

Absolutely not. Pirates are not supposed to be competitive at all to the fleet of ships of the line. Want to sail them, play a nation. The pirates shouldnt even engage fleets like that, nor be taking cities in huge PB's. What they should do is strike swiftly and silently in their fast ships and be gone before any response is possible. Ganking, raiding, espionage, diversions and most of all a lot of rum drinking :). For that purpose they should be able to create hidden bases ( exploration would be more important with them in game). Their smaller ships should be able to be modified differently than nations ships (could be additional line of completely different mods). Raiding towns for plunder and to hinder the effort of a nation in their war capaign ( for example succesfull raiding would limit nations BR in next offensive PB against another nation ). Pirates should be able to take bribes from other countries ( who knows what they will do with the money :) ). Pirates should be able to take pardon from a nation from time to time ( not to often though and who knows for what purpose ).

Plenty of things to do for the pirates but they should be completely different from the nations.

Hello everyone, this post caught my eye;

I was thinking, why not introduce Letters of Marque (probably already suggested but it fits here). They would allow pirates to sail under a different flag:

- Give pirates 20- 30 maybe 40 ports and let them choose a starting point.

- Give them the ability to get one Letter of Marque for free and after that they'd have to pay for them.

- With the letter of marque give them the ability to enter that nation's ports and build production buildings there and trade (Ex. Capital).

- Exclude them from crafting 1st and 2nd rates, it is not historically accurate, and will also not be relevant to pirates:

- Make their ports unconquerable thus effectively a passive aggressive nation BUT give them the ability to raid ports which will then result in the buildings that were built there being plundered and a negative production factor (-25% or something) so people will actually defend the ports from Pirates.

NOTE:

EXCLUDING THEM FROM CRAFTING THEY CAN STILL BUY THEM OR CAPTURE THEM.

- Surtur