Game-Labs Forum

If this dose not get them Banned, what will?????????

Ban or not to ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 2 Pirates get Banned from the Game

All will be changed as the Devs have stated numerous times they just dont want to waste time fixing it now. This topic should be locked since it was settled in tribunal

Nothing was settled just like last month when this was brought up and the month before and the month before that. Just put back on the ignore until big flashy post appears advertising it's not fixed still pile. 

Rules change today now allows you to fire on a green ship that is acting to obstruct or otherwise prevent you from fighting the enemy.  This ruleset will be in force at least until some other features, including alliances, come out.

Two pirates attack each other to prevent you from attacking them, and then the one on your team starts trying to interfere?  You can now blast him.

Calls for bans will not be heeded in this matter.

There is a difference between a false flag and a real flag

False flags

Green on green is supposed to defend people from false flag attacks - where you really expect him to be a friendly but he sinks you. 

Real flags

But in cases mentioned here there was no false flag. They were clearly enemies and they were just present on your side because battle entry mechanics allowed that - and they wanted to save the ship and you wanted to sink them. Green on green former rules did not handle such scenario.. and it was a problem.

Rules has been modified

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/

Green on Green protection is off from now on in cases where its clear that the Captain is operating as an enemy flag even if he is on your side (because of mechanics)

• If a friendly ship belongs to a clan on the opposing side in the battle on the open world
  • and if this friendly ship interferes with combat (and does not actually fuilfill his duty to destroy the enemy)
then
  • this ship can be sank with no consequences. 
This is a temp solution and will be fixed once alliances patch hits. (you will get an xp hit because we cannot differentiate real vs false flag) but changes in ROE will solve the problem in the future.

This will soften the problem until we fix battle entry and pirate vs pirate roles.

The developer (who was not a pro community manager like all of us) was very upset and she left western forums after that, losing hope in the so called friendly and helpful community. 

That right there... that is a problem!

Don't have an issue at all with the actions taken towards this ass-clown.

Sincerely hope she comes back...

For me there are a few things here :

1) It is really hard as a game mechanic to block green on green without undoing what should be 'friendly fire'

1a) you shouldnt be able to blindly shoot into a combat knowning accidental hits on your friends won't hurt them.

1b) we all accidently in larger battles have unleashed a single shot or broadside on a friendly (especially close up)...well I have

1c) determining 'deliberate' green on green (be that ramming, shots fired, boarding etc) is really tricky

2) Clearly this was an exploit of currently under-developed games mechanics (very much specific to Pirate nation who are also very under-developed)

3) The Dev's/Mod's have insitgated a tribunal system and attempted to state the legal Rules of Engagement (so thats good)

4) THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU

5) As far as evidence of behaviour goes....best vid ever :)

6) Alpha/Beta/Chillpill

Until a 'pirate play' patch of some sort changes how pirate warfare fundamentally works, this will be a sore area for many. Be it something along the lines of 'if a pirate attacks another pirate' they (individually) or they as a clan become enemies (OW red) and its hard to undo that or some other mechanic, until then, those who exploit will exploit.

As much as its REALLY ANNOYING when someone 'cheats' like this it is best to some extent to rise above it. Report it. Stay away from the acidic personal attacks and move along. Super hard and not something I can always do.

As to the 'well if the game allows it, it cannot be illegal', well I call Shenanaghins on that. In football, I can walk up to an opponent and poke him in the eyeball. It's not allowed (other than in Aussie Rules...where ironically there are no rules) but will only be punished if the referee see's it, which given he is focused on the person with the ball can relatively easily be avoided.

They're also proving they're the type of players who will massively exploit in PVP

Do you think that if this will get fixed, they'll play fair?

This X100...   When did it become so acceptable to overlook bad behavior.  Meh, everyone gets a trophy I suppose. 

Maybe I'm just naive, but I think Alts and cheats will keep many from this otherwise great game.  Just my $.02

• Like 1

Can I have my money back?

so you basically buy into a game that is stated as early access/alpha and as soon as some not-yet finished game mechanic doesnt suit u and people using it dont get banned, you want your money back. Yeah, hello logic.

Just wait for the alliance system patch as devs stated it will be adressed there. Thats why this game is early access and not yet finished...

Edited by Sharden

I would appreciate less generalization please. Blaming an entire "group" of players is a double edge blade and definitely shows a lot of your player-ego. There are excellent characters in all nations as much as there are condemnable ones so step back and have fun or timeout until things are as you wish for ( might be never! ).

Regarding your wishes for the Black colour, my hope is your favourite colour gets double the love you wish ours.

Salute.

Im sorry but I'm going on the multiple threads and posts regarding the same issues and annoyances continually getting raised, i see that you wouldn't want anything to change for your NATION and thats fair, sure i tarred the whole pirate Nation with the same brush but its your Nation thats constantly causing issues, is it a few bad eggs in the bunch or a few good eggs in a bad bunch? You can question my player-ego and think you know it or you can even PM me as i would be glad to hear what you come up with, the way i see it this game has great potential and i just hate seeing it constantly abused by the bad bunch!

Banning may not fix the problem but it sure would provide a strong deterrent

Banning is used in many games to deter cheating/ exploiting hence why people don't use them, in the case of this game a clearer set of rules and quick action or warnings posted on forums putting people on notice will show more of a clear view that its unacceptable rather then a lack of information and players continuing to use them would be a far better step for the community!

so you basically buy into a game that is stated as early access/alpha and as soon as some not-yet finished game mechanic doesnt suit u and people using it dont get banned, you want your money back. Yeah, hello logic.

Just wait for the alliance system patch as devs stated it will be adressed there. Thats why this game is early access and not yet finished...

Alliance system doesn't include pirate overhaul. That's on the nebulous sometime in the far flung future list.