Game-Labs Forum

Shoot the sail

no they are using a macro and move their sails faster..as the ball moves to them they are already moved to exactly the spot the balls will miss. they do it way to fast . and have admitted to using macros for it.

If what youre saying is true then thats more than just a macro, that's a cheat that lets the computer reconize and plot the target of the ball. Thats a cheat.

Those kind of mods are the reason i quit playing wot and any game that allows mods.

That will be sad thing to start seeing here.

Yeah..out of 6 -10 broadsides into the sails and they still show 100 percent. something is not right. so We shall see. 

Record a video and post a trial topic ./ PM one of the Devs / mods.

Please keep random cheat/hack accusations against "them" from common forums. Either help rooting them out or stay silent - random fearmongering in the forums helps no-one.

The real demasting threat seems to be 1st - 3rd rates vs 1st - 3rd rates. Mast health does not skyrocket like broadside poundage does so 1st rate vs 1st rate does seem to be a demasting battle.

5th rate vs 5th rate, though, demasting is a lot more questionable. The masts are relatively strong for the amount of firepower available, especially if you use Reinforced Masts.

I do mostly 4th rate and 5th rate open sea fights and demasting is rarely a thing (and dangerous in an otherwise even battle). If I'm going for armor and you're going for masts in an otherwise even 1v1 fight, you're gonna sink.

The only time I really go heavy on sails in an even fight is if it's even because I'm trying to get my teammates caught up. And a lot of people like to try and "run and extend" -- draw our line thin by making us chase them -- and in that case some sail shot will do em good.

But anyway, it's hardly cut-and-dry "always go for the sails". That sounds like a good way to get sunk.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna start stay silent..no reason to help or warn others...it not worth my time. 

Without proof? without a video? This isn't 2003 anymore.  If someone cheated against me like this, I'd have a video on youtube and in the tribunal within an hour.

• Like 1

Yeah..out of 6 -10 broadsides into the sails and they still show 100 percent. something is not right. so We shall see. 

I can kick in repairs for sails right at start. Given the repairs last for a given amount of time ( 3 minutes or something like that ) you keep shooting and the crew keeps the rigging at 100. Very useful for trader escape :)

This is a mechanic, or are you talking about something else ?

The main problem with shooting masts is that pretty much no matter where you aim, the entire mast will come down.  Aim at the top, the entire mast comes down.  Only very rarely does a part of the mast come down.  This is a bug that has pretty much existed since Sea Trials.

Next part.  Masts fall faster with larger cannons.  Each ship has a default shot weight.  It tends to be the largest cannon it can carry.  For example, the Coni's masts default resistance is 24lb ball.  I think its supposed to be that each mast can resist so many shots from 24lb ball before it falls.  A Victories default would be 42lbers.  So a Coni that has all longs will need more shot to drop a mast on a Victory than a Pavel would.

• Like 1

Well that seems right, because a Consti needs to hit the hull for longer than a Pavel would to sink it as well.

It does sound like a Bellona is harder to demast than a 3rd rate, though - which would be bad.

Edited by Quineloe

It seems as if they would have balanced the sail strength based on the structure strength of the sails - such as a three mast ship with sail strength of 6000 (for easy math) should be proportioned with the center mast - being the strongest and tallest of the ship having the most structure - in this case 1500 - 3000 - 1500 structure each for a total of 6000.

Those sail shot are not making leaks on your ship.....keep sails in battle mode , aim the enemy waterline and enjoy the new leaks system...

In the end sail shooting was a very common tactic (specially in french navy) so it being a perceived useful option  in the game seems sound simulation.

Agreed, I see no issue. With your sails in Battle, you will have plenty of sail area left even if they strip the rest away to maneuver.... and of course the whole time you are shooting their waterline.

no they are using a macro and move their sails faster..as the ball moves to them they are already moved to exactly the spot the balls will miss. they do it way to fast . and have admitted to using macros for it. 

The way moving sails and yards is to use the mods on your ship. Rum rations and lightweight ropes give some extremely useful bonuses for that. A macro will only use whatever your ship is capable of already. You can program shortcuts but in a ship battle you should have enough time to react to any moves without them.