Game-Labs Forum

players mistake

SCTKaptan

i attacked my clan member today and was my fault i clicked him i thought i clicked to enemy pirate player so can i back to english charter?

Username: SCT Kaptan
Country name: England

I am waiting your helps
Edited by SCTKaptan

Hello,my friend attacked against to my friend from guild when theres a big war against pirates last night;so he can join back to england?or he need open new profile?he also sent email to game labs but i know they not reply back probly.Him name was SCT-Kaptan in game profile now he is a pirate.One problem too he was created our clan but its not serious issue,we want only he can join back to england as member or he need open new profile.

i attacked my clan member today and was my fault i clicked him i thought i clicked to enemy pirate player so can i back to english charter?

Username: SCT Captain
Country name: England

I am waiting your helps

please send me details in private message

You should have gotten a warning, that you will be moved to pirats when you attack the targeted player, because he is of your own nation.

You have to confirm that before the attack and to become pirate. Thus, the admins shouldn't make a exception from the rule of piracy. 

Do not get me wrong, but if this happens once, all player which will be "trying" to be pirates will going to try the same to get back to their nation with their full fleet etc.
- If you allow it once, you have to allow it once more and once more and once more... -

Even if it was a mistake, and you can not prove that it wasn't right? There can not be made any exceptions of that rule!
Furthermore, for that reason, the warning was implemented to the game!

Edited by Twig

The system featuresTwo warning with the Confirm button in two different places. It is interestingly effective given I missed the turn into Pirate at first because of the second confirmation window having the affirmative choice on a different place :D

• Like 1

Is it even possible to confirm two different warnings (regardless that you have switched button places) by accident?

Shouldn't you hesitate when suddenly two windows appear on your monitor which didn't appeared at other attacks?

Edited by Twig
  • Like 1

Is it even possible to confirm two different warnings (regardless that you have switched button places) by accident?

Shouldn't you hesitate when suddenly two windows appear on your monitor which didn't appeared at other attacks?

Twig one would think you are 100% correct.  I agree that is totally common sense and you hesitate and READ.  However.....funny thing is once you become very familiar with a game, or at least a certain set of buttons to push in a game, your mind seems to turn off the common sense and just do.  I have forfeited more than one Scrabble game on the phone by accident because that button shows near or in the same place as another one on a different menu, and I wasn't being completely alert, just doing what I always do.  In the end, I can see how this can happen to a player, especially if he's like me and I got two kids asking me questions while I'm playing and the phone's ringing at the same time.

Jean, if you see that there is a second warning, you will ! -even if you are familiar with the game and distracted- read the second warning and think before you confirm or decline. Actually even the first warning should have forced him to get focused! So that is not an excuse!

You can not make more warnings to prevent someone to go to pirates by accident and if that happens, you have to live with it!

The mistake were made, now he has to handle it on his own!

What do you think, what will happen if we call an admin by each mistake that might be made? A few times there is not even a warning! Nor two of them!

If the admins give even one precedent - Everyone who changed to pirates just to look will try the same thing, like it happened here.
Everyone will refer to this case! This is something that you can not get through even once! The admins will just loose the trust of those players which chose to play for a nation.

Edited by Twig

I suppose imposing this rule it is the price we pay for some players who would exploit the system.

Personally I would hope that discretion would be shown. Especially if the player affected gained no XP or gold from the accidental "attack". It might be fairly obvious that it was a mistake and not an attempt to exploit.

Currently the conversion to a pirate is triggered by a couple mouse clicks. A better system would punish a player for actually attacking friendlies (ie: ramming or firing at damaging them.) Other games can calculate this so it should be possible. An improved system could also punish players for chronic or repeated misuse of starting an attack on a friendly. But the game is not perfect and doesn't have a massive budget with a huge development team. It seems wise that NA focuses their efforts on other priorities.

• Like 1

Jean, if you see that there is a second warning, you will ! -even if you are familiar with the game and distracted- read the second warning and think before you confirm or decline. Actually even the first warning should have forced him to get focused! So that is not an excuse!

You can not make more warnings to prevent someone to go to pirates by accident and if that happens, you have to live with it!

The mistake were made, now he has to handle it on his own!

What do you think, what will happen if we call an admin by each mistake that might be made? A few times there is not even a warning! Nor two of them!

If the admins give even one precedent - Everyone who changed to pirates just to look will try the same thing, like it happened here.

Everyone will refer to this case! This is something that you can not get through even once! The admins will just loose the trust of those players which chose to play for a nation.

In a way it seems like I might be making excuses for this behavior, but really I'm not.  Actually I'm just saying I understand how it can happen by mistake and carelessness, even with more than one warning hitting you on the head.

In the previous post a couple good points were made though, one in particular that at the moment the devs don't have time to take out to make singular exceptions and once the precedent is set then it's expected behavior thereafter.  This would be a tough lesson to learn for this particular player but it might be all that can be done?

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

This happened to me last night. It was late and i was tired. i clicked the wrong ship for a battle in a group and had a second attack window open up.

I did not read it as i was in a rush to get our group in a fight. hey ho im a pirate....... so all the xp and missions for Britain and one click bollocked up.

Not happy to say the least. I dont want to be a pirate.... so do i have to delete my bot and start again? Can it be reversed?

well i did it ...lets get that bit out the way. i clicked to be a pirate without reading it. It happened. YES IT HAPPENS. I did it... It was still a mistake and not deliberate. Can we get past that point? The question is and has always been Can it be reversed ? yes or no?

I suppose imposing this rule it is the price we pay for some players who would exploit the system.

Personally I would hope that discretion would be shown. Especially if the player affected gained no XP or gold from the accidental "attack". It might be fairly obvious that it was a mistake and not an attempt to exploit.

Currently the conversion to a pirate is triggered by a couple mouse clicks. A better system would punish a player for actually attacking friendlies (ie: ramming or firing at damaging them.) Other games can calculate this so it should be possible. An improved system could also punish players for chronic or repeated misuse of starting an attack on a friendly. But the game is not perfect and doesn't have a massive budget with a huge development team. It seems wise that NA focuses their efforts on other priorities.

How do you tell the difference between someone who did it so that friends could catch a juicy target and then immediately exited the instance while the target was killed?  There are a lot of factors to take into account and it's easier to have two popup windows and consequences for doing this.

well i did it ...lets get that bit out the way. i clicked to be a pirate without reading it. It happened. YES IT HAPPENS. I did it... It was still a mistake and not deliberate. Can we get past that point? The question is and has always been Can it be reversed ? yes or no?

Likely not.  Best to hand over the resources to which you have access to a friend and delete/recreate the character.

THE GOOD:

I (for one) do understand completely. ;)

THE BAD:

Doesn't look like there's much that can (or more to the point, will) be done. :mellow:

THE UGLY:

... Best to hand over the resources to which you have access to a friend and delete/recreate the character.

I think, unfortunately, Henry is probably right. :(

Likely not.  Best to hand over the resources to which you have access to a friend and delete/recreate the character.

There can not be another solucion. Piracy is now - thanks to the opportunity to rejoin your nation by deleting the pirate account - still possibile without putting any hard disadvantage to that player. (Yes he will loose his not port etc. but he has not to start over entirely.

Nevertheless, it shall not be made more attractive - than it is right now - by giving them the possibility to rejoin without deleting your character and without loosing at least a bit. If not, anyone can sail for a short time under the black flag without beeing afraid of something. (This would be awkard)

• Like 1

Ok I have deleted my pirate bot. The account is linked to steam. I made a new brit bot and have stayed the same rank. So no xp or time lost. The only thing lost was ships in ports and buildings in port. No great loss. Thankyou for your assistance with this issue.

• Like 1

How do you tell the difference between someone who did it so that friends could catch a juicy target and then immediately exited the instance while the target was killed?

Good question. I don't know. Don't understand the mechanics/programing/tracking.

But would this be a big problem? A situation where huge numbers of players are using their first occurrence of turning pirate as an exploit. And each player must be using the exploit to help friends in a different nation from their own. Seems like the situation would require very specific conditions and be very rare.

My support of discretion would be for the first time occurrence only, and only when there was no gold or xp gained. I'm sympathetic because I understand that players may click on a few buttons by mistake. Some of us are really that silly. Unwitting but honest.

But, the current approach is probably the price we pay for some people who would cheat the system and then lie about it afterward.

• Like 1

The first chance? Maybe. The second, maybe.

The problem is the time it takes away from development since there is no tool to make this easy (for now).

Mr. Darby,

Thanks for your response. I agree there are much more important fish to filet and fry.