Game-Labs Forum

Le Tour de France Recap

mugsy

Som folks still think I am Dutch because I play a Dutch character... go wonder.

This is the opposite, no matter if you play French or Danes you are RUSSIAN !!!

Anedoctal at best. But yeah Wang might have a point on the culture side of things, aussie and kiwi blokes I know are all this carefree...*shrugs*

No he said there is a Danish-Norwegian/French alliance.

Of course there are a multitude of nationalities in every nation, but you think the [RUS] clan is what?  Somalian?

And? Because they are Russian they should be poked at?

Man, I don't know where to begin between your arrogance and your toxicity about all of that, seriously.

Just a side note though here, understand we are Australian.  We dont have any of your real world Euro political bias towards any European nation.  It is your own sensitivity regarding nationalities, not our xenophobia.

We just call it as we see it.

So it's ok if we don't say GB anymore but just Australian? Ha ha ha sorry but no.

Australian player in British faction at the very extrem. But not the whole nation taken for Australian.

Edited by KuroNyra

I'm a british officer and have dealt in the politics of every war britain has had for the last 3 months. Between defectors and spy's I have heard that the Danes were overrun with Russians players so much so that we get danish players joining us on a regular basis because they are sick of nation chat being full of Russian text. We are also aware of an alliance between the southern pirates and the Danes united by russian players in those nations and have organised the Alliance and that has been our defeat in the battle for Haiti. France is a subject nation of the Danes therefore you are under the Russian coalition whether you realise it or not as far as Britain is concerned and your actions in declaring war didnt lead us to believe anything else.

We also know that Russian players left the Danes and migrated to the Spanish influencing their politics and dragging them into influence with the southern pirates and since the Spanish conveniently showed up to screen during the French invasion with known Danish players in their ranks we are well aware of the Russian pressure there. On top of that since the migration to Spain we have seen very timid activity from the Danes of late they are not fielding proper forces or putting any real pressure on us that we have seen in the past while the Spanish are fighting harder then ever before. The southern pirates have also been relatively unseen by Britain for the last 2 weeks as they have been up north uniting the pirates and attempting to put pressure on the Americans.

Whether people realise it or not battle lines are being drawn and it is the same people pulling all the strings, in my opinion we are a few weeks away from a complete 2 side war across the whole map. 

While Dutch clan DAS who share a teamspeak with a Danish clan managed to pressure the Dutch on behalf of the Danes to allow the French to cross their territory we have reports that this will not happen again and there was alot of unrest in the Dutch nation because they feel they are being forced into war under Danish influence.

It doesn't matter what you want to believe, it is happening regardless

I like the conspiracy of the Dutch and their Danish overlords creating a divide in the United provinces - well thought out :)

Could I get your insights into the Swedish role in the current Caribbean political system? What is your theory on why they are doing what they are doing?

Looking forward to your feedback.

P.S. Eventually, we will all be fighting the Pirates - or join them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just a side note though here, understand we are Australian.  We dont have any of your real world Euro political bias towards any European nation.  It is your own sensitivity regarding nationalities, not our xenophobia.

We just call it as we see it.

It has nothing to do with real world politics this time. It's all the effect of some British players going ham on the "Russians!" thing just when the war started. We had a week where almost every and each British post would include an accusation or an attempt at insult towards French being Russian slaves... Which started mildly unfunny and turned very sour very fast as it was repeated until a point where normal RP rules do not apply.

It all chilled out after one of your nation's clan leaders had a melt-down and openly called us "French Russians", at which point camel's back broke and we managed to push that whole idiotic thing away off of our forums. Until now it seems.

So when I see another topic in the same war, again using the slippery slope of bringing real-life nationality into in-game politics, you can bet your ass I will argue against it. Not because I am "politically sensitive due to being euro", but because I remember how fast some people caught up to the trend of calling everyone you don't like a Russian and I don't want to see it ever again on the forums.

I don't care how you see it, I don't care how your nation sees it - there is no Russian faction in this game, and there is absolutely no place for remarks like that on the forums. It's way too easy to slip off of it being a reflection and go into insults. And maybe it won't be OP or you or anyone in here now - but someone will take the opportunity to call French, Dutch or maybe even British "Russians!" sooner or later, and there is no place for that.

Calling you guys tea-addicted, nut-witted British pigs is perfectly fine, though.

• Like 3

I like the conspiracy of the Dutch and their Danish overlords creating a divide in the United provinces - well thought out :)

Could I get your insights into the Swedish role in the current Caribbean political system? What is your theory on why they are doing what they are doing?

I want to know this as well. ^^

Good to know, good to know.

( note: took the liberty to misinterpret what has been said by Hugo )

To the renegade and deserter Hethwill,

you can take all the liberties you want - no loyal tax-paying citizen and and true gentleman of any nation in his right mind will listen to the drunken words of a petty swashbuckler who abandoned the ways of civilization because of illusions of grandeur, anyway.

It is a well-known fact that you were just too happy to decline the offer of Hugo Republic Shipyards (and the secret funding offers by the rebellious citizens of the Hugo Republic living in fear of the evil DAS admiralty board and their Danish-Norwegian *tip-hat to Galileus* overlords)  to continue funding your privateering venture under the flag of the United Provinces even after your European investors pulled the plug. This is the full truth as every true gentleman from Galdonas to Tolú knows it!

You broke your ties with civilisation when there was no apparent reason to do so - other than your own uncivility. So keep trying to convince other noble citizens of the United Provinces to abandon a proper and decent life all you want. Your hollow words and empty communiqués such as the one above will fall on deaf ears.

With the utmost disgust,

Hugo van Grojt

Edit: spelling

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 2

I find particularly amusing that this is the third or the fourth thread of british smug that gets locked "by OP request" as soon as the other side begins to do exactly the same.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, we are only laughing at your face, please be adults, no mad, this is a game.

Rinse and repeat. You guys are so funny. I guess everything that is not dank memes and smug towards the british side will be dismissed as "trolling" and "not stating the facts" as in the other four threads with the very same OP and then the thread will be locked again.

I am still interested about the purpose of the thread.

• Like 1