Game-Labs Forum

Battle of Fort Baai

DrunkenSloth

Today the combined forces of DRUNK, DSB and YSFLJ sailed a flag towards Fort Baai, we were intercepted just off the coast of Fort Baai and dragged into battle against 16 Danish ships with our 15 ships assault fleet, the Danes focused on our flag carrier and exposed themselves to our cannon fire, resulting in a decisive Victory for the Swedish forces. Even though the battle was a strategic victory for the Danish due to them successfully defending their fort today, it was a very fun day. (Please note this is not including the losses after the battle, so don't worry Danes you still got me in a 16v2 ;)

Losses.

Sweden: None

Danmark-Norway: 6 sunk, 2 Captured, 8 Retreated.

post-16357-0-44407300-1459560741_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If members of so called "council" (and their friends) didnt demand other swedish players in nation chat not to support our attack i think we could win. I didnt read a chat during the Danish attack of Codrington, but I assume that they did also demand players not to resist because of their fear of Danes.

Edited by Ingemar Ulfgard

If members of so called "council" (and their friends) didnt demand other swedish players in nation chat not to support our attack i think we could win. I didnt read a chat during the Danish attack of Codrington, but I assume that they did also demand players not to resist because of their fear of Danes.

That's the exact thing that broke the peace with britain and spain. A bunch of council clan members entered a fight on the side of RAE and we just got fed up and called it an act of war. As long as one clan refuses to take part in a pact it's almost impossible to maintain peace but when peaced council clan members enter the battle beside them and against you, that is a breach of peace.

Where can we read about you defending Codrington?

DRUNK and it's allied clans are not the only ones capable of defending our home ports. I believe Codrington is more important than Fort Zoutman, unless the fine gentlemen of KF think otherwise. What you're experiencing is called over extending your forces, expecting a clan who's focus is not PB's to watch your back is asking for this result. RNON will continue to be a threat to all swedes until crushed and sent rowing back to Christiansted.

DRUNK and it's allied clans are not the only ones capable of defending our home ports. I believe Codrington is more important than Fort Zoutman, unless the fine gentlemen of KF think otherwise. What you're experiencing is called over extending your forces, expecting a clan who's focus is not PB's to watch your back is asking for this result. RNON will continue to be a threat to all swedes until crushed and sent rowing back to Christiansted.

Sounds more like you tryed your best to drag your nation into a war without being able to defend it, and then want the Majority wich dont want to fight that war (and have peace with your enemys) help you in defending .... so sad we can not sink friendlys sometimes ...

Edited by Lonar
  • Like 8

I wonder how you would last againt British fleets of Santi and Victory. Apparently they hurt a lot! :P

Seriously tought, keep doing that and it will create problems for you if you want PvP go ahead, but  stop doing your Port stuff, your ruining the games for everyother players And it will come back to bite you one day.

Edited by KuroNyra
  • Like 1

If i remember correct Codrington isn't first defensive PB where DRUNK isn't involved. They attack only? And I'm sure that fake flag bought by SLRN to Les Kayes before FBai one, give us a true understanding who is master of drunken dogs.

• Like 3

From the look of this. You engaged the Danes screening Fleet and not its defence fleet.

Likely the Danes had 25 SOL ships sitting in the port incase you landed the flag. So the screen fleet did what it was meant to do by preventing you.

• Like 2

From the look of this. You engaged the Danes screening Fleet and not its defence fleet.

You are right. Didn't realize that at first glance. This is so hard :D

RP OFF, this is the EXACT type of topic that made whole NN forum go to sh... crap. No-one cares about a flag being intercepted, it's boring, it's a failure, it happens every single day dime a dozen on the frontlines. There is nothing of merit in the battle itself - nothing was gained or lost, nothing interesting happened. It's just another one of these attention-seeking "look at us!" topics aimed to stir the forums and make the community sour and toxic.

There is no battle report, there is only pokes meant to stir people up. That's because the battle itself is not important here.

Don't be idiots and just ignore the attention seekers. Without flamewars to spark, the clan will disband. Or they will all get drunk and start challenging whole forum to a duel, as we seen already.

• Like 11

It's just another one of these attention-seeking "look at us!" topics

Maybe this sort of attention-seeking is needed when fellow officers and members are start to leaving a clan  :ph34r:

RP OFF, this is the EXACT type of topic that made whole NN forum go to sh... crap. No-one cares about a flag being intercepted, it's boring, it's a failure, it happens every single day dime a dozen on the frontlines. There is nothing of merit in the battle itself - nothing was gained or lost, nothing interesting happened. It's just another one of these attention-seeking "look at us!" topics aimed to stir the forums and make the community sour and toxic.

There is no battle report, there is only pokes meant to stir people up. That's because the battle itself is not important here.

Don't be idiots and just ignore the attention seekers. Without flamewars to spark, the clan will disband. Or they will all get drunk and start challenging whole forum to a duel, as we seen already.

Indeed. 

And I cannot imagine them duelling fairly on top of that anyway XD

I would not even grant them that pleasure. They get attention enough as it is.

As it came to my notion is that it seems the Danes have an Alliance with Pirates? After the great battle of Fort Baai a group on the eastern side of City of Gustavius, a fleet with Danes and pirates(KGB/RUS) where attacking smaller players. So i gained some courage in my Mercury and sailed in with others to attack them. What a nice battle, too bad the pirates kept on running which lead to their destruction(we outnumbered them 3:1 in random 6th to 5th(4th?) grade ships). I had the luck to tag 3 of them so they couldn't leave.

Sounds more like you tryed your best to drag your nation into a war without being able to defend it, and then want the Majority wich dont want to fight that war (and have peace with your enemys) help you in defending .... so sad we can not sink friendlys sometimes ...

I completely agree ;)

Edited by DrunkenSloth

Likely the Danes had 25 SOL ships sitting in the port incase you landed the flag. So the screen fleet did what it was meant to do by preventing you.

I'll be completely honest here, we killed this fleet in a very short amount of time considering the size, if it hadn't have been our unorganized escape as it was our first multi clan operation we would have planted it. I think the Danes underestimated us personally, they clearly needed more ships ;) I also knew this was simply an interception fleet judging from the ships, they still had 4 3rd Rates however. Not to mention we had a fair amount of undercrewed ships in the battle

Edited by DrunkenSloth

As it came to my notion is that it seems the Danes have an Alliance with Pirates? After the great battle of Fort Baai a group on the eastern side of City of Gustavius, a fleet with Danes and pirates(KGB/RUS) where attacking smaller players. So i gained some courage in my Mercury and sailed in with others to attack them. What a nice battle, too bad the pirates kept on running which lead to their destruction(we outnumbered them 3:1 in random 6th to 5th(4th?) grade ships). I had the luck to tag 3 of them so they couldn't leave.

Obviously we are not allied to Pirates. This picture is taken not far from Fort Baai. Notice what Kaupmann Styrbord says in Nation chat as well.

KGB.jpg

And Kaupmann Styrbord is:

Kaupmann.jpg

Excatly. A screening fleet is a way to intercept the flag without having to risk a port battle. The Screening Fleet is often considered to be "calculated casualties".

In this case the DANVE clan did a remarkable job, stayed on target and managed to eliminate the primary objective!!

KUDOS to the guys in DANVE

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 2

If i remember correct Codrington isn't first defensive PB where DRUNK isn't involved. They attack only? And I'm sure that fake flag bought by SLRN to Les Kayes before FBai one, give us a true understanding who is master of drunken dogs.

If I were abusing a kadett account to buy flags to block attacks I'd be silent on that subject.

• Like 1

Obviously we are not allied to Pirates. This picture is taken not far from Fort Baai. Notice what Kaupmann Styrbord says in Nation chat as well.

KGB.jpg

KGB are actually british alts, you guys are really not smart, if you try to pretend to be pirate to wave war against some nations, at least try to be more low-profile and less obvious. :lol: