Game-Labs Forum

PvP2: Tales of France

Slamz

I love how every time the stories get told:

• The number of Pirates that re-rolled French grows larger.  
  • The amount the bounty on Slamz' head ultimately got to gets bigger
  • The amount Slamz supposedly paid to get OMG to re-roll gets bigger

This is how legends are made.

I think only 12 rolled French? OMG was the only clan or was there another?

• Like 1

This thread is a joke, comical at best.  If you reread the first post and don't come away thinking that the post wouldn't cause people to gripe or cause hate just like previous threads, you need to go back to grade school.  The whole post is childish.  WIS does not come on here and boast about port battle victories, let alone undefended victories.  Can someone explain the difference between zerging and blitzing, pretty sure they both imply fast rushing as Google never lies, so trying to call something a different name with the same meaning, well that's just stupid.  You all keep talking about caring about the game and the population, yet you continue to open more threads of useless crap that become a breeding ground for name calling and unneeded accusations, which eventually leads to an appendage measuring contest.

Edited by Fletch Hardy
  • Like 2

Sir,

That isn't remotely accurate. We appealed repeatedly with the French to work together against the Pirates; but several prominent French captains and some British captains with other units made that nearly impossible.

After Aves the French national character became largely pirate, thus sealing your reputations with our nation.

Alas, RvR in this game is messy and unmanageable and needs much development.

The developers have been hinting to a formal political system which should help things quite a bit.

• Like 1

yet you continue to open more threads of useless crap that become a breeding ground for name calling and unneeded accusations, which eventually leads to an appendage measuring contest.

Apparently you haven't read the entire thread.

• Like 1

It is surprising what impact a few can have both to the nation they join and the one they leave.

I think the rest of the pirates once OMG went french went back to the Bahamas* or as others have said, went British.

Edited by Lord Roberts

This thread is a joke, comical at best.  If you reread the first post and don't come away thinking that the post wouldn't cause people to gripe or cause hate just like previous threads, you need to go back to grade school.  The whole post is childish.  WIS does not come on here and boast about port battle victories, let alone undefended victories.  Can someone explain the difference between zerging and blitzing, pretty sure they both imply fast rushing as Google never lies, so trying to call something a different name with the same meaning, well that's just stupid.  You all keep talking about caring about the game and the population, yet you continue to open more threads of useless crap that become a breeding ground for name calling and unneeded accusations, which eventually leads to an appendage measuring contest.

The way I see it both blitzing and zerging can be defined as "fast rushing", although only one of them implies large number of units/players involved - zerging. Hence French blitzing is inherently different from, for example, zerging that US used to take Bahamas. There is a big difference between taking 3-4 ports at once and taking 3-4 ports one at a time. In the second scenario port timers become more of an issue and are the main factor preventing port defense.

• Like 1

Fletch,

Sorry you see it that way.  I suggest you look at it from the perspective of the French, who had been reduced to holding Fort Royal, and a single shallow water port less than a month ago.  The reversal of fortune is something to take pride in.  Anyhow, I do sincerely hope you find some enjoyment in this game, otherwise.  You're not, on the whole, a bad dude.  At any rate, to answer your question as simply as I can: Zerging, as we are defining it, versus Rushing- Zerging is bringing in the horde. Rushing is speed attacks.  Therein lies the difference.  That said: the initial complaints about zerging were that we'd noticed a significant increase in forces coming from the British side.  Considering that on a good day, it was difficult for us to fill a port battle, that is the perception we received.  I can see, in reverse, how that looks on your end.  I'll note that I was gone this weekend due to military obligations, so I have no idea what precisely transpired, but I know our guys moved to cap as many ports as quickly as possible to move forward with our strategic plan.  Such is what we do.

Anyway, cheers.  See ya 'round and we'll trade cannonfire again, I'm sure.

• Like 2

It is surprising what impact a few can have both to the nation they join and the one they leave.

No doubt. OMG joining French was huge but not because of the reasons Roberts thinks. OMG came to a place that had people just like them. The French team is basically one big PVP team. We have very few econers and the bulk of the French team all play pretty much the same way. The Pirates cleaned our house of the posers. All that was left during the Pirate war was hard core pvp players.

OMG is that very same thing.

Now we have a bunch of clans that pretty much all have the same ideals and thoughts on what to do. It makes the game play so much easier when the major clans pretty much just see eye to eye. We are far more unified than most teams and OMG played a major role in that.

Fletch,

Sorry you see it that way.  I suggest you look at it from the perspective of the French, who had been reduced to holding Fort Royal, and a single shallow water port less than a month ago.  The reversal of fortune is something to take pride in.  Anyhow, I do sincerely hope you find some enjoyment in this game, otherwise.  You're not, on the whole, a bad dude.  At any rate, to answer your question as simply as I can: Zerging, as we are defining it, versus Rushing- Zerging is bringing in the horde. Rushing is speed attacks.  Therein lies the difference.  That said: the initial complaints about zerging were that we'd noticed a significant increase in forces coming from the British side.  Considering that on a good day, it was difficult for us to fill a port battle, that is the perception we received.  I can see, in reverse, how that looks on your end.  I'll note that I was gone this weekend due to military obligations, so I have no idea what precisely transpired, but I know our guys moved to cap as many ports as quickly as possible to move forward with our strategic plan.  Such is what we do.

Anyway, cheers.  See ya 'round and we'll trade cannonfire again, I'm sure.

Thanks, you seem like an alright dude yourself. Let's break this down a little bit, I think you guys misunderstand the terms you are using.  Zerging actually refers to using a massive amount of low level units to overpower an enemy, think StarCraft, I'm sure some of you have played it.  Blitzing, while also fast, usually includes greater firepower, but I digress, because what has happened is already in the past.  You cant logically look at this thread and the start of it as something that's not going to piss people off.  It's pretty much trash talk without directing really at first, it really just shows what kind of person he is.  Also, we're Zerging because you guys can't get the numbers, but when we can't get the numbers, I'm pretty sure we don't b**** and moan about numbers, it's a war game, it's not always going to be even.  I enjoy this game, but already know of people who have left, partially because of lack of content, but also because they are sick of hearing all the trash "the French" talk, and I put that in quotes so everyone knows I'm referring to someone elses view.  This thread is not good for the game, should be locked and set to drift.

Edited by Fletch Hardy

Thanks, you seem like an alright dude yourself. Let's break this down a little bit, I think you guys misunderstand the terms you are using.  Zerging actually refers to using a massive amount of low level units to overpower an enemy, think StarCraft, I'm sure some of you have played it.  Blitzing, while also fast, usually includes greater firepower, but I digress, because what has happened is already in the past.  You cant logically look at this thread and the start of it as something that's not going to piss people off.  It's pretty much trash talk without directing really at first, it really just shows what kind of person he is.  Also, we're Zerging because you guys can't get the numbers, but when we can't get the numbers, I'm pretty sure we don't b**** and moan about numbers.  I enjoy this game, but already know of people who have left, partially because of lack fo content, but also because they are sick of hearing all the trash "the French" talk, and I put that in quotes so everyone knows I'm referring to someone elses view.  This thread is not good for the game, should be locked and set to drift.

Again, it's a perspective thing in this case.  We're speaking ambiguously, and not down into the specific definitions.  That said, I think progress has been made across the board on the tail end of this thread as far as equanimity.  All things considered- WIS has gained a pretty heavy dose of respect from the French, and I think that's something folks had been trying to convey.  Take that for what it's worth.  I'd suggest you talk to your folks who've bounced out, and have 'em give it another go.  Y'all might be surprised.

• Like 1

Thanks, you seem like an alright dude yourself. Let's break this down a little bit, I think you guys misunderstand the terms you are using.  Zerging actually refers to using a massive amount of low level units to overpower an enemy, think StarCraft, I'm sure some of you have played it.  Blitzing, while also fast, usually includes greater firepower, but I digress, because what has happened is already in the past.  You cant logically look at this thread and the start of it as something that's not going to piss people off.  It's pretty much trash talk without directing really at first, it really just shows what kind of person he is.  Also, we're Zerging because you guys can't get the numbers, but when we can't get the numbers, I'm pretty sure we don't b**** and moan about numbers, it's a war game, it's not always going to be even.  I enjoy this game, but already know of people who have left, partially because of lack of content, but also because they are sick of hearing all the trash "the French" talk, and I put that in quotes so everyone knows I'm referring to someone elses view.  This thread is not good for the game, should be locked and set to drift.

The French are rightfully proud of their achievements. If posting a record of said achievements hurts your feelings, you can always avoid/ignore the thread. Kindly see yourself out of the Antilles and our thread.

• Like 2

Robert's using me as justification to be a douche to people I have no association with. I mean, wow, haha. 

Seems odd that I am so important to him after he "won" doesn't it?

This thread is gold, OP brought up some great points. I can't wait to see where the French, and all this, goes. 

Edited by snackbar
  • Like 2

Robert's using me as justification to be a douche to people I have no association with. I mean, wow, haha. 

Seems odd that I am so important to him after he "won" doesn't it?

This thread is gold, OP brought up some great points. I can't wait to see where the French, and all this, goes. 

Indeed, only time will tell how the map will change, it is looking like a good war is coming.

I can give you my Swedish view of the events that transpired from when I entered the server leading up to where we are today.

The entering of this Server.

1. Non-aggression pac with Pirates ports to the south, open world PvP.

2. Non-aggression pac with Danes ports, no  PvP.

3. Invited to SW clan.

4. Capped unused Dutch ports of Fort Biaa & Oranjestad first night, we had 20 ships max.

The boredom and looking for fun.

For the next week I was setting up my crafting and gaining gold due to the server/side switch. The others where getting tired of the mission grind and the leaders where mostly not playing. The ones left want to see if the Danes had the players to PvP and do port battles against. Do to lack of leaders on most leave SW to form BORK.

The "British Deal".

1. SOB states "give us a port to fight the Pirates with or we will take all your ports". Assume Danes given same "deal".

2. SOB told to take a hike.

3. Brits take Frederiksted.

4. Most Danes leave to re-roll Brit.

5. In light of this moves it is decided to take all the Dane ports without timers to protect our boarders.

The Fun time.

1. While taking the Dane ports WIS and TCF enter the mix by taking ports on Puerto Rico, Aquadilla and Arecibo. We had a fun PvP fight right after they capped Arecibo as the Danes where no were to be found.

2. Pirates beat back Brits and take Frederiksted. Then move back south to fight France.

3. Brits take Fajardo and Frederiksted at the same time, 50 plus ships to our max 20 we can call upon.

4. Call goes out to France for help as they are finishing up war against Pirates in the south.

5. WIS & TCF take Pasaje from us that sparks the Swedish Chef video and the Bork Bork Bork mantra is born.

6. Sweden retakes Pasaje back against no defense from Brits. Where were you guys?

7. Brits try to retake Pasaje and a great PB battle was fought with about the same number of ships and ships sides, at the time we could field 3 3rd rates max. This was the high water mark of fun to this day.

8. Much PvP is had on both sides with more Brit clans showing up and more French coming into the area.

9. Brits retake Pasaje with a massive BR fleet of 7000 plus against our still mostly frig fleet of 3000br at most. They had ship and numbers advantage and just killed the towers and left, boring as hell.

Let the boredom return

1. The blitz of 4 more Swedish ports by the same 7000 plus BR zerg, half the Bork Clan re-rolls French. This half is our highest level players.

2. Remaining Bork create new Bork Bork Bork clan, and begin fleeting to gain levels. No PvP to be had.

3. France then caps 14 Brit ports over the weekend kicking Brit back to Haiti. Again sounds like on PvP to be had.

Without PvP I can not sink and that makes me a sad Panda.

We could have had a great little fight if WIS and TCF would have A) Been the only squad to come over here, & B) Not zerg capped ports with the boring BR kill tower win leave thing that now has been done to them. Now we are left with the French to our south and both France and Brit to our north, with Us and the Danes stuck in the middle. We still do not know if the Danes have a force we can have some fun with PvP and port Battles back and forth or if its just the Chain clan we have heard about. I guess the fun is yet to see if it happens.

• Like 1

You cant logically look at this thread and the start of it as something that's not going to piss people off.

The purpose of this thread is to inform the general population of what is going on, from a French perspective, as this is the National forum and therefore the place for exactly this type of thing. Call it propaganda if you wish.

The fact that it causes some British players to have seizures is a coincidental but not necessarily frowned upon side-effect.

I thank you for expressing your pissedoffedness and shall carve an additional frowny face into my keyboard to mark the occasion.

• Like 8