Game-Labs Forum

Herminator using bug/exploit

Krupi

Playing a victim again.

Might I remind you it started with you attacking other player with no proof whatsoever, without any intention of looking for settlement, screaming abusive phrases of "no honor", denying anyone any chance of discussion and generally behaving in a manner more fit a rightly accused than an injured party.

Cpt. Comery makes a good point here about us all making mistakes... nevertheless mistakes ought to be corrected. I see no will towards that here. I see only ill will, going as far as you jumping on me when I do naught but answer your earlier questions about a way to record a bug like that.

How am I supposed to interpret it but as foul intent?

I implore you to re-consider the way you approach the matter, and maybe seek an agreement with the victim of your bile. Your anger is ill conceived and serves no-one any good, definitely does not help fixing bugs.

You should just say "hey dude, please don't accuse people unless you have evidence" everything else you have said smells ever so slightly of bullying.

• Like 3

You should just say "hey dude, please don't accuse people unless you have evidence" everything else you have said smells ever so slightly of bullying.

I must say it's amusing to hear I bully a man trying to use Tribunal as his bullying tool. I will approach this post as an expression of admiration for my drive to justice.

Thanks you indeed, Sir!

I see there is no point in using a tool like this if a fool with no credit or merit is free to run rampant judging overs for trying to use it for what the tool was simply intended.

Edited by Krupi

I feel this tribunal thread is starting to descend into toxic/argumentative behavior. I think this thread should be locked before this goes further. To this end i hope this is the last post. Enough threads have already gone out of control on the forums, tribunal is the last place i want to see the trend continue.

Edited by Alexander Reher

Some lovely issues of the whole system raised here...

1. How do you screenshot someone "Vanishing", Exhibit A: Open Ocean screenshot of nothing, there was someone here a second ago honest guvnor! An F11 to give the time and co-ordinates for admin to track down yes, but how can you expect any form screenshot to stand up to your requirements for tribunal?

2. Expectation that everyone will run recording software 24/7 on the vague assumption they will run into a bug is entirely unrealistic

3. Herminator's "oh I just teleported half way across the map without knowing how, but didn't realise it was a bug I should be reporting" is a terrible excuse. Anything happening that is unusual should very obviously be reported with as best description of what happened and what you were doing at the time as you can manage. Especially coming from someone who is supposed to be a significant figure in a faction and should know better. Day 1 newbie could be forgiven, someone with your game time and forum activity is more than aware of the system.

4. Lots of other people going "oh yea I did that sometimes as well", hopefully you all put a report in at the time as well... I think my money would be safe saying some did not.

Edited by MalakithSkadi
  • Like 4

Exploiting a bug/unintended mechanic is not allowed.

I sincerely hope that all those speaking ill of someone are not within the herd of those that consistently abuse some of the bugs...

And I hope that the same treatment as was delivered to the XP Farming players is delivered to ALL exploiters.

Keep the game evolving. Report bugs the best way you can, repeatedly if necessary and test the bug in different ways in locations/time that affects the enjoyment of anyone else.

Salute.

1. How do you screenshot someone "Vanishing", Exhibit A: Open Ocean screenshot of nothing, there was someone here a second ago honest guvnor! An F11 to give the time and co-ordinates for admin to track down yes, but how can you expect any form screenshot to stand up to your requirements for tribunal?

2. Expectation that everyone will run recording software 24/7 on the vague assumption they will run into a bug is entirely unrealistic

No, it's not. Shadowplay runs on my 3.5 year old computer and I can on a whim record the last five minutes.

I fully agree on point 3, but then again we have players who are not interested in testing this game, but only want to win and play accordingly. Apparently he's one of these guys. The moment you charge full price you can't expect everyone who joins to be a fully committed alpha tester.

• Like 1

No, it's not. Shadowplay runs on my 3.5 year old computer and I can on a whim record the last five minutes.

I fully agree on point 3, but then again we have players who are not interested in testing this game, but only want to win and play accordingly. Apparently he's one of these guys. The moment you charge full price you can't expect everyone who joins to be a fully committed alpha tester.

Just because it CAN run doesn't mean it should be the requirement for dealing with issues.

No other games developer (Early access or not) requires you to install and configure 3rd party software for the purpose of bug reporting with immediate dismissal of the issue if you don't.

Edited by MalakithSkadi

I can weigh in on this a bit. I only run on the PVE server for the time being but some time ago I hit teleport to C town then realized I forgot a few upgrade goodies and docked forgetting to stop the counter. I undocked and figured I'd see a refreshed button but to my surprise it showed 3 hours and I was about to F11 it but then poof I was in Charleston,all worked out so why throw a fit?  I have to ask though,if you're tagged and you hit that TP button just prior to entering the ring does the counter continue and poof off you are whisked out of battle and to your capital thus leaving the baffled attacker wondering WTH happened?  

Also if I see someone sitting at port doing nothing I'd assume they're awaiting the count to TP so I wouldn't be surprised when they vanish in the midst of the attack timer..the accused are innocent in my book.

Not sure it would.

If your in port when the invisible timer ticks down, you are stuck in port.  I F11'd that the other day.  

If you can't use the TP properly, it should just cancel for you automatically without the cool down.

3. Herminator's "oh I just teleported half way across the map without knowing how, but didn't realise it was a bug I should be reporting" is a terrible excuse. Anything happening that is unusual should very obviously be reported with as best description of what happened and what you were doing at the time as you can manage. Especially coming from someone who is supposed to be a significant figure in a faction and should know better. Day 1 newbie could be forgiven, someone with your game time and forum activity is more than aware of the system.

4. Lots of other people going "oh yea I did that sometimes as well", hopefully you all put a report in at the time as well... I think my money would be safe saying some did not.

Your 2.

If you can't present the evidence, then you can't have a fair trial.  It's the basis of all criminal law, and the reason people invest in dash cams.

So without evidence it should not go into the tribunal.  Want to post tribunal worthy issues, use something to record your play. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Just because it CAN run doesn't mean it should be the requirement for dealing with issues.

No other games developer (Early access or not) requires you to install and configure 3rd party software for the purpose of bug reporting with immediate dismissal of the issue if you don't.

that's what "unrealistic" means.

Just because you can automatically means it is not unrealistic.

and how dare naval action expect you to use drivers for your video card :)

You do know shadowplay is not some third party software but an integrated part of nvidia drivers, right?

Edited by Quineloe

No screenshots provided, Herminator, please file an F11 (if you haven't already) describing exactly the circumstances under which this happened.  Please avoid trying to accomplish those same circumstances again.  That goes for anyone else that has this happen to them - please immediately F11.

Thank you.  Case dismissed.

• Like 4