Game-Labs Forum

Herminator using bug/exploit

Krupi

Engaged Herminator in his Bellona outside Port Morant, he then jumped back in to port then out I gave chase and had him targeted and then he disappeared.

Spoke to my clan mates and apparently he used a bug/exploit to avoid losing his ship. No honor, very sad to see him use it.

Unfortunately no screenshots.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 2

Engaged Herminator in his Bellona outside Port Morant, he then jumped back in to port then out I gave chase and had him targeted and then he disappeared.

Spoke to my clan mates and apparently he used a bug to exploit losing his ship. No honor, very sad to see him use it.

Unfortunately no screenshots.

You should be on the trial here :/

What is this? Circus? "I saw him do it"?

Get a grip!

You should be on the trial here :/

What is this? Circus? "I saw him do it"?

Get a grip!

So cheating is perfectly acceptable?

I would rather they get rid of the bug so no one can use it, I didn't even realize until it was here until he did it. 

Edited by Krupi

So cheating is perfectly acceptable?

I would rather they get rid of the bug so no one can use it, I didn't even realize until it was here until he did it. 

You're playing victim here. The truth here is you accuse a very well known member of this forums and this game society of cheating while providing no proof of it. For all we know there was no cheat at all.

Were you actually interested in the bug or exploit, you wold inform WHAT is the exploit and THAT there is an exploit, not WHO did it. You instead go to tribunal - that is created to punish wrongdoers - and accuse a well known person without presenting any kind of proof.

Your intent has nothing to do with fixing bugs - as this is not the forum meant for that - your intent is to discredit another player. And this is why I think you should be held accountable.

• Like 4

I'm aware of this bug, Heard of it increasingly. You can start your teleport outside a contested port and before anyone tags you, jump back into said port. Apparently which i heard of just earlier today, there is a second part to it where you can also set sail still be on teleport and keep sailing. Should probably be a bug report. Sucks that people use it.

You're playing victim here. The truth here is you accuse a very well known member of this forums and this game society of cheating while providing no proof of it. For all we know there was no cheat at all.

Were you actually interested in the bug or exploit, you wold inform WHAT is the exploit and THAT there is an exploit, not WHO did it. You instead go to tribunal - that is created to punish wrongdoers - and accuse a well known person without presenting any kind of proof.

Your intent has nothing to do with fixing bugs - as this is not the forum meant for that - your intent is to discredit another player. And this is why I think you should be held accountable.

Please can you tell me how to get proof of a player using this bug?

If I was aware of the bug then I would have tried to capture him doing it however I didn't.

This is nothing to do with the person, I don't care who it was, it is the fact a person will use an exploit that annoy's me.

P.S. Just because the person is "well known" doesn't mean he can get away with cheating.

Edited by Krupi

Hi there...

I was targeted outside Port Morant, this is true......... And I had started my teleport waiting to teleport my Bellona to CS. Then you attacked me.... I jumped into port, and then out again to try to use the teleport again but it was "used" so I started sailing East.....
Then suddenly I was teleported anyways to CS.

I was totally prepared to have to start sailing East, so yes it is a bug out there, but I did not know of it until it now happened to me.

But do not tell me that I took advantage of any exploit that I knew off.

if you had pm'ed me I would have told you the exact same story.

• Like 4

You were sailing away while I was outside with a 3rd rate backing me up, we were blockading the port.

So please tell me if you were attacked and then jumped in port why would you then try and sail away knowing full well that we were still blockading the port waiting for you to try and escape again, you knew EXACTLY what you were doing you KNEW that you were using the exploit or you wouldn't have jumped out again.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

this is again why this tribunal system is so flawed. 

any exploiting accusations, any cheat evidence or abuse of mechanics should really just be referred to admins/moderators through tickets. rather than starting this silly public shaming and jumping to conclusions,

Now that we actually know what happened I can confirm I ran into this issue as well. Thought I encountered the infamous "teleport to the other side of the world" bug at the time. I see no reason to talk of exploits, even less accuse people and throw words like "No honor, very sad to see him use it".

You were sailing away while I was outside with a 3rd rate backing me up, we were blockading the port.

So please tell me if you were attacked and then jumped in port why would you then try and sail away knowing full well that we were still blockading the port waiting for you to try and escape again, you knew EXACTLY what you were doing you KNEW that you were using the exploit or you wouldn't have jumped out again.

It's your duty do deliver a proof. You failed at that. It's very much time to drop the issue, as your bias is clearly showing, Sir.

• Like 1

That is very rich coming from you...

Why are you even here, you are not a moderator.

This is an open forum and since Sea Trials Tribunal was accepting input from anyone and everyone who speaks with merit. I see what I perceive to be an attempt to abuse the Trial, and I speak up against it. Simple as that.

• Like 1

This is an open forum and since Sea Trials Tribunal was accepting input from anyone and everyone who speaks with merit. I see what I perceive to be an attempt to abuse the Trial, and I speak up against it. Simple as that.

I see no merit in the comments you have currently added, you appear to be simply trying to antagonize me.... I used this tool the right way I fail to see how I could have captured someone using this exploit.

Please leave this with the people that can actually do something or at the very least acknowledge the bug, you are 'ironically' abusing the Tribunal system not me.

Good night. 

Edited by Krupi

Did you F11 the issue sir?

No I did not, I did not even realize it was a bug until I got accused of exploiting it, and was told by some of my clan mates to read this post!

I simply did not understand. Because I thought the timer would reset when I jumped back into port. And since I jumped out again pretty fast I thought I might get a head start on you so I could get to Port Antionio hoping you were stuck in shallows.

As I said... It was only you and a 3rd rate... Knowing that you guys have been drinking rum the last days, and knowing that your aim is terrible(proven in this thread), I did not see any problem getting past you or even engage you in open world.

However I did have a hope as mentioned that you were stuck in shallows and I could get a head start to Port Antonio.....

• Like 1

Please leave this with the people that can actually do something or at the very least acknowledge the bug, you are 'ironically' abusing the Tribunal system not me.

Good night. 

I must say that I really agree with Galileus here. You are making a tribunal on a player without any proof, so this is really the wrong forum. If you wanted to report a bug you would've used the correct forum, instead of shaming a player in public with absolutely no proof. 

Galileus, you do make a good point about making sure that tribunals are to prosecute wrongdoers and that this post's foundation is questionable but this could all have just been a misunderstanding. We all agree that this is a bug which the OP may have never seen before nor heard of. Naturally he thought this was an exploit as I would if it were me that saw this.

You two are a well known member of this forum who has surely made some mistakes with posts so don't be so harsh.

Everybody makes mistakes, even me. Hell, I'm anything but perfect as is any forum member including devs (even though they do their best).

We all make mistakes

I can weigh in on this a bit. I only run on the PVE server for the time being but some time ago I hit teleport to C town then realized I forgot a few upgrade goodies and docked forgetting to stop the counter. I undocked and figured I'd see a refreshed button but to my surprise it showed 3 hours and I was about to F11 it but then poof I was in Charleston,all worked out so why throw a fit?  I have to ask though,if you're tagged and you hit that TP button just prior to entering the ring does the counter continue and poof off you are whisked out of battle and to your capital thus leaving the baffled attacker wondering WTH happened?  

Also if I see someone sitting at port doing nothing I'd assume they're awaiting the count to TP so I wouldn't be surprised when they vanish in the midst of the attack timer..the accused are innocent in my book.

Edited by DragonfireActual
  • Like 2

stuck in shallows.

I was not stuck in shallows and when I saw you appear I gave chase as did the 3rd rate backing me up, i was catching you and then you disappeared. 

I feel like I have been ganged up on by some of the posters here just because they are more well known than me. A tribunal should not be a popularity contest or this tribunal system is just worthless, . 

I was told to make a post here as it was a place highlight use of exploits and now I feel like I have been attacked.

I hope this issue gets resolved shortly, thank you and good night.

Edited by Krupi

I can weigh in on this a bit. I only run on the PVE server for the time being but some time ago I hit teleport to C town then realized I forgot a few upgrade goodies and docked forgetting to stop the counter. I undocked and figured I'd see a refreshed button but to my surprise it showed 3 hours and I was about to F11 it but then poof I was in Charleston,all worked out so why throw a fit?  I have to ask though,if you're tagged and you hit that TP button just prior to entering the ring does the counter continue and poof off you are whisked out of battle and to your capital thus leaving the baffled attacker wondering WTH happened?  

Also if I see someone sitting at port doing nothing I'd assume they're awaiting the count to TP so I wouldn't be surprised when they vanish in the midst of the attack timer..the accused are innocent in my book.

No way to prove either side. I was there, I sat in a cerb outside and was ready to chase him along with a belona and 3rd rate. To our surprise he poofed in front of us while sailing away. I believe we've found a bug with all of this, whether he knew or it was by accident it's simply word against word and nothing can be proven. I can't even begin to guess. i suppose we should probably focus on the bug aspect of it, and take it to the support part of the forums.

I was told to make a post here as it was a place highlight use of exploits and now I feel like I have been attacked.

Playing a victim again.

Might I remind you it started with you attacking other player with no proof whatsoever, without any intention of looking for settlement, screaming abusive phrases of "no honor", denying anyone any chance of discussion and generally behaving in a manner more fit a rightly accused than an injured party.

Cpt. Comery makes a good point here about us all making mistakes... nevertheless mistakes ought to be corrected. I see no will towards that here. I see only ill will, going as far as you jumping on me when I do naught but answer your earlier questions about a way to record a bug like that.

How am I supposed to interpret it but as foul intent?

I implore you to re-consider the way you approach the matter, and maybe seek an agreement with the victim of your bile. Your anger is ill conceived and serves no-one any good, definitely does not help fixing bugs.