Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] Dano-French Alliance

Éric

Denmark-Norway and France respected the terms of the peace treaties they signed two weeks ago.

During those two weeks, Dano-Norwegian and French diplomats have been travelling to Christiansted and Fort-Royal to discuss the situation in the Lesser Antilles. Reports from both parties were unanimous: numerous dishes can be associated with either Danish beers or French wines.

The war that raged for one month in the Lesser Antilles had no other outcome than exhausting our forces. Having tasted beer and wine from the war booties, Dano-Norwegian and French captains welcomed a long-term improvement in the diversity of our dinners.

- Denmark-Norway and France are in offensive alliance: they join the war if their ally is attacked, they also start wars together
- They will do their best to maintain the peaceful situation in the northern Lesser Antilles through diplomacy
- They will have a weekly meeting to talk about their common diplomacy

cVuDZrB.png

Long live the alliance ! Cheers !

dEwU2Vd.jpg

• Like 8

Ok, let me get this straight...

Denmark/Norge is allied to France

France is allied to Sweden

Verenigde Provinciën is allied to Denmark

Sweden and VP are currently fighting port battles.

France is at war with the british

Denmark/Norge is at war with the british

Sweden is allied with the british

This is like playing chess with 5 colors of pieces!

• Like 13

Like drunk Chinese Checkers.

I forsee many PVP battles with ppl going:

+ Hey! Wai u attack me!? We are allied!

- We are? wtf, lemme check forums...

- No we're not! Look at this post *link*

+ Dude, that is an old post, look here *link*

- Who the hell is *poster*? 

+ He is on *council*

- Oh, he is? Well, I guess we're allied then. Sry for attacking.

• Like 3

It's only complicated if you consider that there is only 1 type of alliance possible.

There is 3 kinds of alliance possible :

-A full military alliance -> they are allies in both offensive and defensive operations

-An offensive alliance -> Both have a common enemy and join their forces against it but won't get involved if one of them is dealing with another enemy. (ex : Danes and French fight against the Brits but Danes are also at war with the US, French don't get involved in the Dano-american war)

-A defensive alliance -> Both nation are defending each other but won't support the other nation if they are the one starting a new war without a Casus Belli (ex : Sweden gets attacked by Danes, French help Sweden, then Sweden start a war against VP without a Casus beli ; France won't help Sweden)

Those are just example for illustration and might or not be representative of the reality

So I suggest you guys should rename this alliance into "military alliance" instead of "offensive alliance" since :

"they join the war if their ally is attacked, they also start wars together"

What i want to know is as the Dutch is Neutral to the british and the swedes are still allied to a point with the british where they will stand in the upcoming conflict? Will the Dutch just bend over and let the french come though them so that they are effectively surrounded on both sides in which case if war happens between the two sides again that they will be sandwiched? Not sure if the dutch will like that thought to much. How will the Swedes feel about there friends the french fight their friends the british or will they sit on the sidelines and wait and see what happens and join the winning side?

Last week, the CSNF announced that it was now "at peace" with Sweden. Both Denmark-Norway and France are currently neutral regarding the war between Sweden and the United Provinces.

How does the Dutch feel about this? There allies since the beginning just sitting back and letting their ally get destroyed?

Seems to me that the Dutch 'allowing' the french access to Panama isn't the smartest move as it could bring them into the conflict, especially if they run screening fleets.

You perception is amazing, maybe just maybe Your Majesty Intelligence Services should hire you  !!!! :D

• Like 1