Game-Labs Forum

Balance between Sweden and the Danes.

Ok, I am not one to complain a lot, but this is getting silly.

Currently on EU PvP1, Sweden has nothing, we have no players, we have no ports and we simply can not do anything. We are getting stomped by massive Russian fleets (Why don't they get their own server?)

The problem isn't just the fact that it's suppose to be hard, I get that, I have no issues with being the underdog, but there's a difference between being the underdog and getting wrecked and being unable to undock, we already lost players because we can't do anything, and now we are going to lose even more to the point where we simply can get enough men for a defence fleet.

On the topic of a Russian server, why isn't there one? At the moment all the Russians are stacking the Danish side on Pvp1 and that just means an entire IRL nation joining one side...

So this needs a fix somehow otherwise you are going to end up sweden being unplayable, we can't trade, we can't do missions, trading was hard enough before we lost all the ports.

• Like 1

Why should there be a Russian server? This game operates on "as few servers as needed" basis. Even if the Russians would have a separate server, who would stop them to play on pvp1 like the Americans do?

While there may be arguments that some gameplay mechanics could change, i also think that not all sandboxy solutions have been tried up yet. Basically (and here i speak in a wholly personal capacity) Sweden has three choices: 1. Wait for France and GB to recapture it's ports (which, as Fredrikstedt today has shown to us, might be a long process), 2. succumb to the enemy and basically become a peacefull danish protectorate or 3. ask one of your more populated allies for 4-5 ports in a safe location on the other end of the map to rebuild your strengh.

• Like 1

A own server for russian players sounds for me a stupid idea and isn't a solution. In fact it will always be nations exist with a bigger playerbase then others. This is a fact. In my eyes we need a politic systems that for example allowed to visit towns from allied nations and join port battles together and so on. That give underdogs a better chance to stay alive. A other way for a solution is that smaller nations maybe get economic advantages like cheaper prices for vessels or whatever. That's only a brain storming from but hey we are still in a phase and there are a lot of things that will be change and get better.

In regards to sending people to their servers accoding to the nationality. It is time to finally stop it. I had hoped this train passed with americans and them being told to leave, but alas not.

I want russians to stay on PvP as much as I want US to stay, Swedes to stay or Dutch to stay. Should devs focus on the balance of power and Port battle mechanics. No question about that. Would I even advocate disabling them entirely until the better solution is found? I would, as I think the current state hurts the game more by the exodus of players and port battles in themselves are not even that much fun.

For me as a fake Frenchman, it was not fun to see all the ports in the north lost to Danes and be unable to do anything against numbers. But I don't want them to leave in order to mitigate a serious flaw in game design.

• Like 2