• Agree
    • Disagree
    • I have a slightly better take on the idea [see my post]
  4. 4. Battle Scoreboard / Report

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • I have a slightly better take on the idea [see my post]

Hello!

As the last one seemed to be rather popular, and compiled a bunch of suggestions into one, ease to see and votable post, I figured I'd make a new, updated one. These are some ideas that people have already made, some that i've tweaked a bit, and some of my own. 

Please vote and see below for a description of each Idea.

1) Trade Routes & Alliances.

Essentially, this is very dependant on the alliance function being introduced, but enchances it, AND the port battle system. On top of that, it brings another end game feature into the game, which we sorely need.  When at war, blockading was not unusual, and the disruption of trade routes common. 

Below is a very rough image of trade routes which give 20% passive profit/production [from free towns], and once two nations become allies, the trade routes are activated to give even further profit + production.  Whether a nation has allies or not, their trade routes are assaultable at all times, but cannot be permently captured.

trade_route_idea.png

The trade route would also require a defense timer, an assault fleet to be made at port, and if the battle is won by the attackers, for 24 hours all production bonuses to the owner nations ceases.  After the 24 hours, it goes back to normal. [the image is extremely rough]

2) Pirate Mercenary Guilds

I believe pirates should have a unique to the game, guild mechanic which allows them to employed under a particular nation as mercenaries.  This would allow the game to take a giant, VERY simple step to balancing out the nations.  Each guild would have honour reputation depending on their dedication to fill out a contract, and would recieve bigger rewards + bonuses for aiding smaller nations that attempt to employ them.  For instance, the spaniards at the moment may enter negotiations with a certain large pirate guild and ask them to take at least 4 ports under the spanish flag. As Spain is the 6th smallest nation in the game, for each port the pirates take, they recieve 6X xp / Honour / Money, whatever you choose.  Vice versa, if they decided to join up with the brits, who have the most ports, they'd only get x1 [normal] xp.

3) Maps. EDIT  The global map should be broken down into fairly smaller sections. Much like a puzzle.  Each section requires a map, and to complete the entire map as we see it now, you'd need to somehow acquire 20 or so map pieces [though realistically depending on your location you'd only need to run with about 3-5]. 

Here's the catch. Each map piece has a wear and tear expiry date [it decays over time and is destroyed after 1 week].  So you may have 6 maps on day 3, but only have 4 on day 5. 

You'd aquire map pieces through ordinary activies such as capturing ships or completeing missions / port battles.  Said maps can be traded between captains to add more economic options and fun!

See below picture of how this may work. Each segment is a map piece.

maps_idea.png

4) After Action Combat Reports

Very simple request. After a large port battle or fight, i'd like to know exactly who did the most damage to players, ports etc in the form of a battle scoreboard. I'd like to know whom to fear and to make the enemy fear me!!

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 4

Problem with your map suggestion is... Well, once we had no map. People just used Google maps.

excellent point, but the maps would be more detailed and give you crucial info. Such as...defense timers? Port Production? Which ports belong to whom etc.

Hi,

for the maps i would suggest the following.

Port information is also including production ammount in port and maps can be shared/traded between captains.

Especially when production ammounts vary overtime (cus another nation take it, players improve industries and/or population growth/decay) accurate and up to date maps become invaluable.

That would stimulate cooperation and explorers can get some valuables for their efforts.

Grtzzz Bubbles

About the maps as mentioned above by bubbles they should contain more information, and I think its a great idea except from the decaying, I think that if you get a map you should have it forever.

Maybe the explorer function could be added in the game to get those maps and then he can sell them

I dunno I really liked the decaying. If it was made to be say, a week from the time you aquire it and use it to see which piece of the map you have.  In the week of having it, you can trade it to someone who has greater need of that particular piece, or use it yourself.

I like the idea of pirate being able to make affiliations with a nation but it needs to come at a cost, and the cost should be limited amount of port they can hold themself. It might also help smaller nation, if the price for affiliate themself with a nation was based upon that nations playerbase, a great nation like England would not need more sailors, so their price for letting their reputation be spoiled by pirates would be high while smaller nation would be more tolerant considering the extra manpower, so the price would be a lot lover, maybe even 0, so a letter as a pirate from England might cost 500.000 gold while a letter from Sweden would be 20.000 gold. 

• 2 weeks later...

my pirate solution:

the person who crafted the flag should be able to collect taxes.

Taxes create competition between pirate clans, more money more expensive ships etc.

pirates can do portbattles against pirates (to change owner of the port).

pirates should have more reasons to fight eachother, this way the unity of their nation is shattered and everybody wins.

Pirate nation should also be alot harder (no crafting of SOLs).

Maps should be updated in ports by players who opt to update the port map. Imagine a map on the wall, and when the captain makes port is allowed to view the port map and change it. The map should have the capability to be wrong, and any ports that trust the captain can allow that captain to adjust the map, for whatever purposes that captain has.

-Maps should be able to be wrong

-Maps should be maintained and updated by groups of captains

-Maps should be port specific or faction specific