Game-Labs Forum

PvP2

Taranis

Some months ago it was suggested by the Admin that PvP2 would be merged into PvP1, much like PvP3 was.  This was tentatively scheduled for July, but did not take place - presumably due to competing priorities.

Would it be possible to get an update on any such development plans?  A number of players have been holding off in wait for this particular change.  A clear pronouncement/update on the subject, if possible, would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Once we previously announced that pvp2 might be merged into pvp1, we got more negative feedback than positive one. We have plans to provide a character transfer option from pvp2 to pvp1 for those who wants to play on pvp1 server, at the moment it is under development yet

• Like 3

Once we previously announced that pvp2 might be merged into pvp1, we got more negative feedback than positive one. We have plans to provide a character transfer option from pvp2 to pvp1 for those who wants to play on pvp1 server, at the moment it is under development yet

will the xfer be both ways or just from pvp2 to pvp1

Personally, PvP2 > PvP1 or PvP1 > PvP2 is fine with me - but i understand the logic of flipping in favor of PvP2 (which in fact would be my personal preference given the ping of 30 i used to get as i am on the US East Coast).

Thank you very much INK for providing an update on the matter - its good to hear that it is on your radar screen.

sooo let me get this right, someone can come on pvp2 resource the hell out of it....since less population they should have a easier time, then once the transfer is ready...BOOM baby they have all they want on pvp1.....hmmmmmmmm maybe need more thought into this

A small issue IMHO - and one that is available to all players (so not imbalanced).  The bigger issue is that a number of months ago expectations were set which helped kill the PvP2 population.  A few players such as myself migrated to PvP1 (and had to grind everything back anew) - but a number of players have been on the sidelines waiting for the game to consolidate 'cause, well, the grind....

Edited by TaranisPrime

Most likely one way - pvp2 to pvp1, once it is ready to be implemented, we will announce

Please also keep in mind that perhaps some players would have stayed with PvP2 had the intended merger with PvP1 not been signaled - so it would also be very cool to offer players with assets in PvP1 to move them to PvP2.

Who cares!?  Just play on whatever server you want to play on. 

I fail to understand why this keeps coming up.  People who either switched to PvP1 or put the game down for another game on the claim they are waiting for a merger were people who wanted to switch or put the game down anyway and were just looking for an excuse to do so.  PvP2 has a small but loyal following, and as the developers continue to add more features and more things to do in this game event-wise and PvP-wise, both servers are likely to grow from here. 

I know there is a lot of drama on PvP2 right now, but this drama is part of politics and leads to in-game rivalries, which leads to fun battles in the game.  Just let PvP2 be as is.

Edited by Ultravis

I think allowing asset transfer from PVP2 -> PVP1 is a mistake. A game that depends on a market balanced by scarcity needs to avoid mechanics that allow the scarcity to be artificially removed.

Supply is fixed by the map, regardless of player population. Lower population = lower demand, and thus lower prices. Everyone I know who has been on PVP2 for any time has at least an 8-digit gold balance with minimal effort, and more resources than they could ever use. Gold is arbitrary and irrelevant. This isn't true on PVP1 because of more competition for resources. Because less effort on PVP2 gets the same resources and more profit, what is to prevent anyone with an alt from constantly farming resources on PVP2 and injecting those low-cost resources into PVP1, deleting the character, and repeating?

One solution would limit each ACCOUNT to a single transfer - ie, if someone transfers their PVP2 character to PVP1, then creates a new PVP2 character, that character will never be able to transfer.

Even with a safeguard such as this, there will still be cases where people will buy an additional account (STEAM SALE BABY!) explicitly to get farm masses of cheap resources on PVP2 for eventual injection into PVP1.

I guarantee that this announcement has ALREADY triggered a number of people create characters on PVP2 simply to acquire cheaper resources, in anticipation of those resources being transferable to PVP1.

Edited by Cutch
  • Like 1

The same potential exploit existed with the pvp3 merge to pvp1 - yet little belly aching resulted and prices/resources were quickly absorbed.  If you are thinking of exploiting the resource differences you might want to remember that Admin stated some months ago that each unit is a separate redeemable (eg: 1000 Iron Ore = 1000 redeemables)...  That makes for a lot of clicking and waiting at scale.

Keep in mind that players from pvp2 moved in anticipation of the merge (which has not happened), or left the game in wait of said merger not wanting to re-grind for hundreds of hours.

BTW, at this point - I for one would be more interested in moving my assets from PvP1 to PvP2 than the other way around (and a clear message from the devs that PvP2 is sticking around - to assuage old PvP2 players to come back).

Edited by TaranisPrime

I think prior to doing this, it's important to solve the problem of Australia and Asia, for whom PvP2 allows a slow, but still playable ping.  Moving it to the Europe Cluster would result in an unplayable game for these folks.

we have players from Australia and Asia on pvp1 in tf not many but we have them and they have no probem

• Like 1

The same potential exploit existed with the pvp3 merge to pvp1 - yet little belly aching resulted and prices/resources were quickly absorbed.  If you are thinking of exploiting the resource differences you might want to remember that Admin stated some months ago that each unit is a separate redeemable (eg: 1000 Iron Ore = 1000 redeemables)...  That makes for a lot of clicking and waiting at scale.

Keep in mind that players from pvp2 moved in anticipation of the merge (which has not happened), or left the game in wait of said merger not wanting to re-grind for hundreds of hours.

BTW, at this point - I for one would be more interested in moving my assets from PvP1 to PvP2 than the other way around (and a clear message from the devs that PvP2 is sticking around - to assuage old PvP2 players to come back).

iirc, it was each STACK = 1 click, not each item. And the EU mirror -> pvp1 merge wasn't optional/repeatable. It was a one-time deal., and a server shutdown The notice was too short to allow for much abuse, and the numbers were much lower (hence why it was merged).

TL;DR version of all this - if you want to merge, do it all at once with a wipe, or not at all. Any of these half-measures just hurt some in favor of others, turn people away, and give the game a bad reputation before release.

Character transfer option sounds great. 

Also I play with a ping around 275 all the time and I see no issue. Still shoot balls fine and sail ok and pvp ok. I dont see the big deal. If it was FPS I would understand.