Game-Labs Forum

Port Dropping Issue

Christendom

This morning our crafting clan dropped little river at the request of another clan in the US nation, we had already changed nations.  

1cfd5bec2272ebb9ccbf0da11a04e142.png

It seems that once this happens, the port has some sort of bug and the timer and crafting perks aren't in effect.  The timer on Little River was 00:00-03:00.  Here is a screenshot of the dutch generating a hostility a couple hours before the timer window even opens up.

6187e809c33487f8dee396ba442e8369.png

Seems like something is up.  Theoretically the clan doesn't drop the port until the server downtime.  Another player reported that the labor hours perk was not working all day.  Reporting this some sort of issue or bug. 

A french player PM'd me asking what was up with the timer, why was there hostility?  I attempted to misdirect...but connecting the dots they figured out we had made it neutral and went to go grind it up.  Instead of being able to grind the port in the morning as planned, the US will now lose it due to a neutral PB.  While it's not my problem anymore as we're in a different nation, It wasn't my intention to screw over the US.   

If the port does not drop until server reset, I feel like the clan owning the port should be able to un-drop it just for situations such as this.  Clearly if the port didn't bug out and hostility wasn't generated 3 hours early, the french might not of been tipped off to grind the port.  

• Like 1

My understanding is that the reason the clan PB system was initiated was due to too many people trying to get into PBs.  Given the number of players now, that's a dead issue.  The clan PB system should be dropped in favor of something less arcane and more workable.

Clan PBs are fine, we just need to be able to transfer them to other clans of the same nation.  

We tried to do the right thing by handing the port off to CSA, but did not anticipate the weird hostility bug hours prior and of course the port being ground up.  

Lesson learned, don’t drop the port until close to server downtime and we need better port management tools built into yr game for avoid these types of things 

7 hours ago, Ink said:

Bug is confirmed, will be fixed within next patch.

Another problem last night and not sure if this effected the French or any of there US player based players but I was told the guys that went out to try to stop the hostility where getting DC left and right all night long.  I know this has been a problem since the patch dropped with folks ping going thrugh the roof and drops as I have experienced it too while playing.  Not saying they could of stopped them if they weren't having such high pings and drops, but it for sure wasn't helping one bit.

And yes we need a port hand off feature, this will be pretty much the third port we lost on the coast cause of not having these features in game.  

The connection problem seems to only effect some people, I have heard its been people from the US having the most issues. I was in battle and the ping would spike up to 6k then drop to normal again was super frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Rain said:

FYI... French UWS clan grinded Hostility during the Port Battle window. 

Just want to make sure that part is clear, It would not have effected the outcome since LR was being dropped to neutral. 

But it did effect the PB.  The US couldn't defend it.  

It was a legit grind during proper timer on a port you dropped when you turned pirate like the game makes you do,

YOur only problem with it is we found out and beat you to it fair and square.

Edited by Dragonfire

Just now, Dragonfire said:

No you dropped the port and got caught before you could grind it

hmm or did the bugged hostility and our changing of nations tip you off.  I even made you guys aware that we dropped the port mid hostility grind, you still chose to grind it.  

If it were me and I talked the same amount of shit as you guys do in global, I'd want to win it fairly.   But to each his own.  

Regardless any further discussion seems to be useless here.  Hopefully admin recognizes something wasn't right here and corrects the issue.

Just now, Christendom said:

hmm or did the bugged hostility and our changing of nations tip you off.  I even made you guys aware that we dropped the port mid hostility grind, you still chose to grind it.  

If it were me and I talked the same amount of shit as you guys do in global, I'd want to win it fairly.   But to each his own.  

Regardless any further discussion seems to be useless here.  Hopefully admin recognizes something wasn't right here and corrects the issue.

I agree no need for more discussion. The issue is now know and maybe something more can come of this for mechanics for trading ports etc.

There was nothing wrong with the grind or battle everything was done within your dropped port at correct time and that was your not planning doing it properly and pirate clan your in now couldn't get it together faster than us to grind it for yourself.