Game-Labs Forum

PVP; bring back OW communication with enemies and nerv hordeattacks

I am perfectly fine with the fact that the playernames where removed in OW, but I do not understand why the communication with enemies was removed, too. I can not arrange duels any more. This - in my personal opinion and playstyle -  took away one of the most interesting parts of the game. It could be solved with ease: "message from an unknown player to an unknown player" without bringing back the playernames.

The second PVP-killer ist the reward system. Why do people get PVP-reward when they attack in hordes? I have read and wrote some ideas to get a factor when BR of one side is higher than the BR of the other side. This is the right way to nerv hordeattacks and make them less interesting.E.g. iIn a fight BR 100 against BR 200, the side with BR 200 should only get half of the PVP marks to be devided among the player witch have done damage.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

people arranging "duels" to farm rewards

Don't see the issue, if it is a legit fight. 

Just to be clear, you think it is more legit to give 5 vs 1 gankers rewards than a arranged 1 vs 1?

36 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I would tho have a no reward duel room for people that want it

This is definitely needed.

I is not working on the global chat. Most guy dont read it and you have to tell your shiptype and the shiptype of your target and your positions! "I am the swidish Endymion (or 5th) at Kingston and I want to speak to the dansk Wasa in front of Kingston"

What do you think will hapen if I post this in the global chat?

22 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

I is not working on the global chat. Most guy dont read it and you have to tell your shiptype and the shiptype of your target and your positions! "I am the swidish Endymion (or 5th) at Kingston and I want to speak to the dansk Wasa in front of Kingston"

it is pretty goofy :D

6 hours ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Conventionally a naval ensign would be hoisted on sighting any ship, and often messages would often be along the lines of: Swedish Warship, British Warship astern/abeam/ahead, Captain requests your Captain repair aboard for talks. For example the cessation of hostilities would sometimes come from an enemy Brig or Frigate carrying the same news to their own fleet.

No name, no ship type, no location, and all done on the  private message chat channel, It's direct line of sight communication as it would have  been done.

I am sure that there have been many pleasant conversations between combatant Captains, and more than a few unpleasant ones as well, at the end of the day though we are a single community, sharing a game and not fighting a hot war, A channel that permits conversation between combatants in OW is a good thing in general terms, would it be abused?  Sadly yes, but then so is every other form of communication, It is, an unfortunate fact of life that some people cannot behave in a civilised manner.