Game-Labs Forum

Why does the LGV refit still have only 3 skill slots ( and other traders too ) ? It used to be underwhelming enough when it was 3/3 compared to 3/5 frigates but now that you can built 5/5 ships, it just became even more useless. YES, I know it can enter enemy ports and has a decent amount of cargo hold BUT for that it pays with a puny broadside weight that is surpassed even by cerberus, that is actually on par with the Niagara 6th rate ( Niagara actually has a lot more firepower when mounting carronades - I know right.... what the F...lipper ) while being the target size and having the maneuverability of a medium frigate. Also the main bonus of swivels are the visuals.... they are more of a gimmick in actual combat.

Why would I want to use this ship? Please make it a bit more viable, even if it is only 3/5 and not possibly 5/5... we all know 3/3 is garbage in the mod stacking meta. Even for only hunting traders I wouldn't use this...

I love the looks and concept of this ship but as it stands right now, it is rather useless. The price of 25 PvP marks also is more than unjustified... That's 2.5 Navy hulls for ships that can actually get the job done.

@admin Please consider making LGV refit more viable. It is a real shame nobody uses this beautiful ship...

Edited by Landsman
  • Like 5

If someone disagrees with this, I'd like to hear why.... 3/5 star rating really doesn't mean wet seagull shit. "Huuurrr durr I don't sail this ship because I'm a carebear that doesn't have the PvP marks to get one but I like how it looks so I rate 5/7" ... or what? :P

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bobbit1 said:

with that sailing profile man... it doesnt matter. that ship is useless.

Well the sailing profile could be improved a little too but what really makes it garbage is 3/3 when you can face ships with 5/5.... just a joke. Either way, it definitely needs a serious buff.

If you're unhappy and you know it, clap your hands! *clap... clap* 

If you're unhappy and you know it, clap your hands! *clap... clap*

If you're unhappy about LGV refit being garbage

and you really want to show it,

If you're unhappy, bump this thread! *bump*

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bobbit1 said:

with that sailing profile man... it doesnt matter. that ship is useless.

it has a great sailing profile (it did have bad profile before the latest patch)
people just don't use it for its intended purpose. 

Just now, admin said:

people just don't use it for its intended purpose. 

Fishing? :P

I'm not a very skilled player but I asked some of the best and they all agreed it's only good if you are drowning in PvP marks and need a trader ship fast when you can't build a normal LGV....

Even for trader hunting... why would I use this and not a frigate with enough slots for boarding and speed mods with fleet perk? Nobody wants 3/3 in the mod stacking meta.... and most definitely not with 90pd broadside + swivels for 25 PvP mark... a Wasa is like what... 30?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What is the intended purpose?

swivels have great penetration and deliver good crew damage. + It has a good hold. 
Its a great support ship which will make your friends boarding 10x easier + you can supply repairs for your friends if needed when needed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Define better and I will disagree with all of them except the schooners and the brigs.

Did you know Pirate Frigate has almost the exact same profile, slightly higher base speed, 306pd broadside with being able to mount poods, compared to 90pd of refit, better turning AND a boarding bonus? Use fleet perk and you can take the trader with you. And yes, then we get to possibly 5/5 compared to 3/3....

Edited by Landsman

2 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Did you know Pirate Frigate has almost the exact same profile, slightly higher base speed, 306pd broadside with being able to mount poods, compared to 90pd of refit, better turning AND a boarding bonus? Use fleet perk and you can take the trader with you.

Yes, I know. Did use it many times in raids. Great to take over traders in convoy. Still prefer the smaller vessels for the purpose.

I think ( might be mistaken ) that what Z asks is , what is the "real" OW purpose now of a trade raider LGV ? ( or any other trade raid purpose built )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

It's a trade ship, I believe, so can sneak in and out of enemy ports with smuggler unlike war ships. 

Yeah at a price... look at the OP. I mentioned it. And hiding in enemy ports is overrated... at least with a ship with 90pd broadside.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Its a great support ship which will make your friends boarding 10x easier + you can supply repairs for your friends if needed when needed.

Yeah, but still why only 3 knowledge slots? I can use normal LGV as support ship and repair carrier, too... why pay 25 PvP marks? Do the swivels boost "fire deck guns" during boarding by the way? Haven't noticed this but I think they should...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Surprise is the best trader hunter and you can't argue with that. Prince can take the second spot. LGV Refit will have much harder time fighting 1v1 other LGV or Indiaman. Will take heavy damage. Sure most traders don't put up much of a fight, mostly run but if you will be to face a good player, you will struggle.

Even Pirate Frigate is better in every aspect other than hold capacity as far as I can see.... ? It's depressing...

@ the trader carebears who "downvoted" this thread with 1 star and no reason as to why.... i'll get your juicy booty anyways, no matter the ship, no matter the reward, I'll send your carebear shizzle to Davy Jones locker :lol:

Just wanted to conclude that nobody could justify thus far the fact that LGV is massively underperforming for the price of 25 PvP marks and not worth sailing... a real shame.

58 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Deceleration like 1st rate

we tested this theory and cant confirm this statement.

we probably need to buff swivels.. but they are already op (if used in the very narrow segment of boarding support for example) - maybe they are op to my opinion, but due to price of the ship not everyone can find the beauty of the vessel (like people found the wapen)

2 minutes ago, admin said:

we tested this theory and cant confirm this statement.

Last time I played it, the deceleration was pretty bad ( maybe it was changed in recent patches ) but that is not the main problem with the ship... the main problem is 3/3. The 3 skill slots cripple it too much... as I said it was bad when it was 3/3 vs 3/5 but now it is even possible to face 4/5 and 5/5. Why would I buy LGV refit for 25 PvP marks when it is bad at fighting other small frigates ( probably even niagara or cerberus would trash it with equal captain skill ) and not the best at hunting trader either? As @Banished Privateer already said... surprise and prince are better trader hunters and even pirate frigate is way better ( you don't need hold space with fleet perk )...

• Like 1