Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch monday - urgent.

victor    690
1 hour ago, CaptVonGunn said:

You missed the Jamaica part?

the original version of the OP - when I wrote the post - did not include jamaica (as it did  not include dutch zones), mate.

Edited by victor

Farrago    309
9 hours ago, admin said:

If your assets or your business is located on 

• Curacao willemstad

So just one port for the Dutch?

(sigh)

Sir Texas Sir    3,662

@admin I would also wipe all buildings in ports and give folks refunds for what it cost to put them up and upgrade them so folks can move new buildings around with the new map.  Some folks will loose a lot of money just on that part there.  As for moving yous stuff?  Maybe you shouldn't of set up clan stuff in ports other than capitals...lol   

Lucky for me it's just resource ports (like coal and such) I have to move once they are captured.  Anything else I had as an outpost it's simply removing the ship and putting it some where safe (Savanna for example goes back to US).

Sir Texas Sir    3,662
11 minutes ago, Farrago said:

So just one port for the Dutch?

(sigh)

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region south of it and I believe all the ports in those two regions.  It might be three regions I can't remember as that wasn't an area I was to worried about on test bed when I took the screen.  If I remember later I'll do another screen shot to show the south ports, but @admin @Ink really should post a proper map to show every one to keep down the confusion on what ports stay what and what turns white.  

Farrago    309
14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region south of it and I believe all the ports in those two regions.  It might be three regions I can't remember as that wasn't an area I was to worried about on test bed when I took the screen.

I hope you're right and Dutch get the entire capitol region. Curaçao is the island on which Willemstad sits. WS is the only port there. If Dutch get their entire capitol region, it would be a total of 4 ports located on 4 islands. We can live with that... one port only, probably not.

Like you said, definitive responses from admins would be very helpful as we all scramble this weekend.

Sir Texas Sir    3,662
2 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I hope you're right and Dutch get the entire capitol region. Curaçao is the island on which Willemstad sits. WS is the only port there. If Dutch get their entire capitol region, it would be a total of 4 ports located on 4 islands. We can live with that... one port only, probably not.

Like you said, definitive responses from admins would be very helpful as we all scramble this weekend.

Caracaus or how ever it's spelled is the other region I'm pretty sure ya'll get too.  I remember thinking it's not much from what ya'll have now.

Quineloe    1,135
6 hours ago, admin said:

If you held this region before. you probably are in good shape to hold it going forward. Strong clans who can defend themselves don't need to move anything. Just cap the fort and hold it. 

So we can defend a NEUTRAL town in a port battle even though we're not Neutral?

I think the majority of the players who left this game in july again will not bother coming back if they lose any assets over this. That's like 80% of the playerbase.

Sir Texas Sir    3,662
4 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

So we can defend a NEUTRAL town in a port battle even though we're not Neutral?

I think the majority of the players who left this game in july again will not bother coming back if they lose any assets over this. That's like 80% of the playerbase.

No what he's saying is once the patch drops you just flip it back and take onwership.  This is great if you have a population to support the tax/maintance upkeep of all those ports, but since this is now by port and not region it's going to be costly to hold an area.  This is why I think all ports when not keeped paid up to date should revert back to AI national owned and not neutral. This way the map won't be just a bunch of white dots cause no one can afford to pay the upkeep of the ports to hold any land.  Maybe a few big clans, but even than if the tax's don't cover it what clan is going to pay all that upkeep.

A thought on that should have a way to donate to a port to pay part of the upkeep.  Tax's prob should go to a port coffer not clan coffer so each port pays for it self, but you can fill the coffer from your clan stash if need be.  This will make it so you can stop upkeeping certain ports and not have it pull from your clan gold.

Jœrnson    379
42 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No you get those two regions.  The capital region and Curacoa region

Curacao is basically the island where Willemstad (capital) is located. So @admin's information suggests only Willemstad will be safe.

Quineloe    1,135

will the center of the map, the hot zone, see a few more resources per port? Or are the British getting an insane coal, fir and oak port as uncapturable while we fight over pointless sugar + stone block ports?

Skully    1,022
7 hours ago, admin said:

Well. This obviously means your warehouse was not in a capital - which forces me to ask - how did you defend it before?

Counting on being able to counter hostility within 24 hours.

Which we proved to be broken / bugged with the Bombing of Aves and the PvE hostility grinding.

JT Scott    3

Do we know what is going to happen with our War Supplies?  My clan has devoted a lot of our resources to building a stock of them.  Should we just sell them back now (at a pretty big loss) or hope to get reimbursed after the reset?

Skully    1,022
8 minutes ago, JT Scott said:

Do we know what is going to happen with our War Supplies?  My clan has devoted a lot of our resources to building a stock of them.  Should we just sell them back now (at a pretty big loss) or hope to get reimbursed after the reset?

On 8/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, admin said:

War supplies will be abandoned

Rancho-Cucamonga-Home-Mortgage-First-Tim

JT Scott    3
24 minutes ago, Skully said:

Rancho-Cucamonga-Home-Mortgage-First-Tim

Right, so plan "A" was to use them up before the reset, but not much time for that now, especially with everybody moving stuff around.  Not that big a deal, I might use mine anyway just for grins.

Aegir    1,671

Well, was waiting on final word of how assets would be handled. And now that we know, there's no way that I'm going to have time to - or want to - spend the better part of the weekend clearing compromised outposts in time. Oh well.

Edited by Aegir

Quineloe    1,135

just calm down people. 90% of the map will be white forever. No one is going to pay millions upon millions every week just to keep their clan name on the ports. Keep using the ports as neutral ports.

Duncan McFail    338
21 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

just calm down people. 90% of the map will be white forever. No one is going to pay millions upon millions every week just to keep their clan name on the ports. Keep using the ports as neutral ports.

Challenge accepted

admin    28,101
4 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Challenge accepted

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

admin    28,101
2 hours ago, Quineloe said:

Most players already lost access to their set up production lines due to previous conquest. New conquest is no different, but with safe zones for some nations

Duncan McFail    338
1 minute ago, admin said:

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

I wipe my ass with million dollar bills. Np. 

admin    28,101
40 minutes ago, JT Scott said:

Right, so plan "A" was to use them up before the reset, but not much time for that now, especially with everybody moving stuff around.  Not that big a deal, I might use mine anyway just for grins.

you can sell them. ports buy war supplies still i think

JT Scott    3
5 minutes ago, admin said:

you can sell them. ports buy war supplies still i think

True, although the current "buy" price in Charleston (Global)  is $1 and the high price on the Global server is $3,567, so still "Doh!"

admin    28,101
2 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Better question. Are we done with the stupid slot unlocks or not? 

cut in 3 on higher level vessels - reduced elsewhere.