Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
raskolnikoff

Public "API" for Naval Action

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Is there in the data a way to know the ports where there is a PB?

I can see PortBattleStartTime, LastPortBattle but "Contested" is always "-1"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Does the API address this suggestion I posted about the economy? 

And is there a currently functioning website somewhere that reads the economic data?

Or can a non-coder (me) read the data directly and manipulate it in a spreadsheet?

This is a big issue on the PvE server.  The population is low enough in my time zone that clans aren't going to provide a workaround.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.02.2018 at 2:57 PM, Marcus Valerius Corvus said:

Does the API address this suggestion I posted about the economy? 

And is there a currently functioning website somewhere that reads the economic data?

Or can a non-coder (me) read the data directly and manipulate it in a spreadsheet?

This is a big issue on the PvE server.  The population is low enough in my time zone that clans aren't going to provide a workaround.

1. API provides:
- Item in each shop
- sale price / sale quantity - so if someone is selling through contract it will show that price and the contracts quantity, the same for the NPC sale
- buy price / buy quantity - so if the NPC store would buy any ammount of the item the price would be set, if that's a contact it would show how many items would that be
- biggest issue on this is the fact the data is provided at maintenance time, and it is not updated during day time

2. From what i know there is no "working" website.

3. Yes, it is possible to parse the API data to identify items sold/bought. I'm doing that myself. ;) (greedy bastard mode) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

1. API provides:
- Item in each shop
- sale price / sale quantity - so if someone is selling through contract it will show that price and the contracts quantity, the same for the NPC sale
- buy price / buy quantity - so if the NPC store would buy any ammount of the item the price would be set, if that's a contact it would show how many items would that be
- biggest issue on this is the fact the data is provided at maintenance time, and it is not updated during day time

2. From what i know there is no "working" website.

3. Yes, it is possible to parse the API data to identify items sold/bought. I'm doing that myself. ;) (greedy bastard mode) 

That contract data is precisely what I am after.  The shop screen at Navalactioncraft looks like it was supposed to do this (at least in part) but appears to have had no updates since last summer.  Seems a bit erratic in how accurate and what exactly gets posted.

What are you loading the API data into to parse it?

I tried a couple things that were supposed to read the json file and output a table but couldn't get them to work.  But I really have NO idea what I am doing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 7:45 AM, Darayavahus said:

Txt file :D then i use Authotkey macro that looks for certain items i described in excel sheet which is my final output aswell.

Will try that.  I originally was trying to use the pastebin file in the original post and I couldn't get it to load.  I am guessing it is stale javascript that my browser doesn't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 11:12 AM, Marcus Corvus said:

Will try that.  I originally was trying to use the pastebin file in the original post and I couldn't get it to load.  I am guessing it is stale javascript that my browser doesn't like.

And I find that I don't have time to fiddle with this as a casual player.  Sailing, crafting, combat and trading all take time.  I have to focus on something.  In my case that is trading IN-GAME.  This needs to be either a packaged tool I can download and run without modification, an easily manipulated delimited file, or packaged inside the trader tool where the player contract data belongs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marcus Corvus said:

And I find that I don't have time to fiddle with this as a casual player.  Sailing, crafting, combat and trading all take time.  I have to focus on something.  In my case that is trading IN-GAME.  This needs to be either a packaged tool I can download and run without modification, an easily manipulated delimited file, or packaged inside the trader tool where the player contract data belongs.

It is a delimited text file, as XML is highly structured in fact, but just more flexible in the type of data structures it can contain than more common, "flat" structures. 

The links of the OP are accurate as of server reset. We'll likely never see a true API to the live data because of the server overhead and the fact that providing this data is probably low priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wraith said:

It is a delimited text file, as XML is highly structured in fact, but just more flexible in the type of data structures it can contain than more common, "flat" structures. 

The links of the OP are accurate as of server reset. We'll likely never see a true API to the live data because of the server overhead and the fact that providing this data is probably low priority. 

I get that it is not going to be live data.  My issue is that I can't figure out how to get it into a form I can work with without creating a huge daily chore.

Since I am settling down to something to something in the neighborhood of six hours a week for the game it's time to cut the lines and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 3:57 PM, Marcus Corvus said:

I get that it is not going to be live data.  My issue is that I can't figure out how to get it into a form I can work with without creating a huge daily chore.

Since I am settling down to something to something in the neighborhood of six hours a week for the game it's time to cut the lines and move on.

https://nicktestxyz.com/na_cache/

I'll be working on eco data next.

BTW this is a temporary solution/test version.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Pretty cool stuff.  However, your column sorting does not seem to be working correctly.  Was I doing something wrong?

filter just removes the unmatched entries from the main dump, columns should sort if you click on them. There's some weirdness with that grid I'm using though so I wouldn't be shocked if something was bugged. I had to remove currency symbols before for it to sort the gold correctly. Just a test for now I may not even use that grid in the final version because of its odd ins and outs.

Edited by koiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×