Game-Labs Forum

Clan size limit too small

With so many people playing the game, and so many being eager to join clans, we're running out of clan space. There is no realistic reason I can think of why we should be limited. Large clans will be necessary to carry out long-range engagements against other nations, not to mention organise and teach new players. The alternative is buying up a large number of smaller clans in-game just for one larger clan. It would be a great help to all of us if you could increase the clan size limit.

Also, the clan online counter is broken.

And a search function for people in the clan would be nice o.O

Many thanks! 

Lord Admiral & Director Zak Pearce (British West Indies Trading Company)

I am not big on mega clans, seems it would be easy to get a small amount of large clans vying over territory. You can have multiple smaller clans and encourage more clan battles.

Besides if you really want a large clan, just have different divisions and divide the map into territories that you want to conquer.

If you don't increase clan size limit, all that's gonna happen is the really big groups are going to have several 250 sized that STILL work together. Essentially all you do is create a minor annoyance.

I am not big on mega clans, seems it would be easy to get a small amount of large clans vying over territory. You can have multiple smaller clans and encourage more clan battles.

Besides if you really want a large clan, just have different divisions and divide the map into territories that you want to conquer.

It's just an inconvenience. We're gonna be dividing up into subgroups after this, but it just makes communication slower. With the number of people playing, there are still opportunities for smaller clans. It's simply an inconvenience. 

We are about to reach the 70 person mark, and finding it hard enough to manage, organize and supply the clan properly  (TS can become quiet interesting when you get than many people in one channel :/ )

I don't know how the hell you guys are organizing 250 people in this game with such limited clan mechanics implemented eg. no clans warehouse.  I do not envy your logistics.....

I believe 250 is a good number for a large clan, at this point in the game, if you want to expand it more i would split up into different clans.  (Battle and Trade/Craft) for example, or you could even go with TZ split.

Remember clans are only 2 things in this game at the moment a tag, and a clan chat box.  

I would suggest it would help you a lot to actually split the clan.

Edited by Wang

We are about to reach the 70 person mark, and finding it hard enough to manage, organize and supply the clan properly  (TS can become quiet interesting when you get than many people in one channel :/ )

I don't know how the hell you guys are organizing 250 people in this game with such limited clan mechanics implemented eg. no clans warehouse.  I do not envy your logistics.....

I believe 250 is a good number for a large clan, at this point in the game, if you want to expand it more i would split up into different clans.  (Battle and Trade/Craft) for example, or you could even go with TZ split.

Remember clans are only 2 things in this game at the moment a tag, and a clan chat box.  

this will only make it harder to organise. 

I'm going to guess that the limitation is due to the server's capacity.  Seems about 500-600 players is a "medium" load...  So if the max is say 1200, then 250 is about 20% of that server's population...  Hopefully, server capacities will increase over time and not just multiply.

When you're used to games, like EVE, where your organization is literally thousands of people, then a 250 limit is childs play in comparison. I don't think one group should be limited just because another cannot handle it.

I'm going to guess that the limitation is due to the server's capacity.  Seems about 500-600 players is a "medium" load...  So if the max is say 1200, then 250 is about 20% of that server's population...  Hopefully, server capacities will increase over time and not just multiply.

We don't have 250 online at any one time...  We have between 40 and 70 online tops.