Game-Labs Forum

"The Dons were unable of mount serious defence, but that should not be a surprise"

Of course, it's true, because the invasion came from 10 minutes travel and we need prepare and sail 30-40 mins with the wind in our face. And now all ports have the shield of timezone difference.

It's a pity that US don't take the bravery of set time port conquest in a hour where both can respond. We conquered Rio Seco but not from US soil. Rio Seco was grey port. And the hour was set in a mutual timezone. Rio Seco, as all people can remember, was not taken from US, but US take anyway with other grey cities. With sorrow, all civiliced world can see the real nature of the olive branch "made in USA" and their agressive diplomacy from behind the protective glass.

US people can yell "Remember Tampa" as they want. But Tampa, although it was also originally gray, was the only US port where Spain could say something. Other stolen places are out of reach (cowardly).  As is the standar of US "diplomacy", they had created many names for Spain's people can remember. Cayo Biscayno, San Mateo, San Agustin, Ays, Nueva Smyrna, Sarazota, and probably today two or three uncontested ports were night-flipping to the list of grievances. As well as french cities are been added to the list too.

• Like 2

It's a pity that US don't take the bravery of set time port conquest in a hour where both can respond. We conquered Rio Seco but not from US soil. Rio Seco was grey port. And the hour was set in a mutual timezone. Rio Seco, as all people can remember, was not taken from US, but US take anyway with other grey cities. With sorrow, all civiliced world can see the real nature of the olive branch "made in USA" and their agressive diplomacy from behind the protective glass.

That can be said of the Spanish as well, especially when you took Tampa, at an hour not good for most American players.

That can be said of the Spanish as well, especially when you took Tampa, at an hour not good for most American players.

Maybe we have learned from you.

And remember, Tampa was the first US (green) port taken from you. You taked 6 spanish, 1 french and many grey ports before.  It's reasonable our hostility I think.

We were trying to be fair (setting timer) in Rio Seco. I bet your timer in that port is 4-6 now. I suppose we need use that too and we begun in Tampa. As always, you are leading the way to go, not us or the rest of the world. As we say in Spain, "De aquel polvo, este lodo" and "recoges lo que siembras".

And yourself showed that you don't need set timers in 4-6 am EU time. Rio Seco was taken in a reasonable hour for both America and European timezone. You gathered a great fleet. It's not credible that you need use that trick and Rio Seco is the proof you can afford other hours. It was a (unintended) trap that discover your tricks.

Everywhere you look, your timer setup are a gamey protector shield used for win and make bombastic headlines in your imperialist yellow newspapers. You are using port timers for win, and you know that, because it was and is your main tactic from first port taken.

You are bulling and throwing yellow journalism, but the world will have an answer to say.

Our Lord Pig Cloud is with us and we will prevail!!!

We were trying to be fair (setting timer) in Rio Seco. I bet your timer in that port is 4-6 now. I suppose we need use that too and we begun in Tampa. As always, you are leading the way to go, not us or the rest of the world. As we say in Spain, "De aquel polvo, este lodo" and "recoges lo que siembras".

Your timer was not at all fair, at a time when the far majority of us could not attend, even on the weekends. 

The hostilities were justified, you are correct, but your brought it upon yourselves.  

Everywhere you look, your timer setup are a gamey protector shield used for win and make bombastic headlines in your imperialist yellow newspapers. You are using port timers for win, and you know that, because it was and is your main tactic from first port taken.

Let us consider last patch, when the timers were introduced after we took all our ports, and we could not set up timers to protect them, and how the community reacted to that, and took all our ports when we weren't on.  So no, we will not make that mistake again.

• Like 6

Gentleman, these posts are meant to be a fun bit of yellow journalism. The argument about port timers is in another thread and there is no sense in retreading that water here. Likewise I would hate to see what is supposed to be fun and humorous post locked up in squabbling about "who did what to whom and when."

The simple matter is that the Spanish and the US are neighbors and currently unfriendly in their relations, as Spanish ports not only double the number of the next highest player faction but also lay upon the path south into the wider Caribbean conflict with the US was likely. 

• Like 2

Yes, sorry, I am making some role playing here. I will try adapt my yellow rethoric in the future.

For clarification, is not personal attacks, all is part of playing the game.

I am sorry for misinterpreting your Rhetoric, the difficulty of reading text. I just want things to be all in good fun, the internet can become toxic at times and it would be a shame if Naval action was tainted by a toxic community. Carry on, you Spanish Devil!  :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1cRBbFP6c

XD 

tell me on what minute we are on withdrawal .

Remember tampa ?

remember cayo biscayno

remember cayo vacas

remember ays 

etc etc etc 

Your mr yankee are the aggressor of this campaing

The video you posted was the US after we took your port. And it was 2:1 in your favour. Winning small battles like that doesn't matter if you lose the port. 

It's just senseless anyways, we now control 3 of the ports you listed. If Spain wants to only focus on the open sea that's fine. But I know the USA is more than happy to receive your neglected ports.

• Like 1

The video you posted was the US after we took your port. And it was 2:1 in your favour. Winning small battles like that doesn't matter if you lose the port. 

It's just senseless anyways, we now control 3 of the ports you listed. If Spain wants to only focus on the open sea that's fine. But I know the USA is more than happy to receive your neglected ports.

that video was after we cap rio seco :D

Hope they sort out this timezone difference. Port battle timers should only be able to be set in a timezone of the majority of the server players. I like most people have a typical day to day working life and cant afford to be awake until 4-6 in the morning just to come fight to take US soil. It is completely unreasonable. Go play on the US server please its there for a reason. 

Edit: Glad to see the Spanish giving you guys a kicking.

Edited by Capt Jubal Early

Hope they sort out this timezone difference. Port battle timers should only be able to be set in a timezone of the majority of the server players. I like most people have a typical day to day working life and cant afford to be awake until 4-6 in the morning just to come fight to take US soil. It is completely unreasonable. Go play on the US server please its there for a reason. 

Edit: Glad to see the Spanish giving you guys a kicking.

The Spanish are hardly giving us a kicking, they took one port we forgot to set a timer on that was largely undefended.

Why don't you go to a different server if you don't like what is happening instead of telling others to go to a different server?  And no, your idea is not going to happen, and it isn't conducive to gameplay, especially when the majority of the community is very against splitting the community up.

I love when new players who know nothing of the history of why certain game functions were adapted (port timers), or the history of the servers, presume to tell longtime players how to play.

I love when new players who know nothing of the history of why certain game functions were adapted (port timers), or the history of the servers, presume to tell longtime players how to play.

Been playing for 2 months and so far im not impressed with the port timers. It seems ridiculous that i never get to partake in battles against my most hated enemy just because i live in the wrong part of the world. 

Leave your assumptions at the door.

PS Atleast be a gentlemen and set them in a time when both player groups can attend wink wink nudge nudge.

How about you do the same.  When Pirates or Brits or whoever you are set a timer that is good for most US players and all other nations do the same, we will do the same.  Until then, forget it.  We lost all our ports last round when the timers were added and we couldnt set timers on our ports and the pirates and Brits took them when we werent on and set bad timers, so until then, forget it.

• Like 1

Well then sir i will bid you good day. I can tell your a difficult gentlemen to talk to.

I am when you make demands that are not at all conciliatory or agreeable, and expect us (for no reason) to completely comply while you make no steps to compromise.  Opening by telling us to move to PVP2 was your first mistake.