Game-Labs Forum

Jubal, just set the timers at the most advantageous time for your faction. Trying to play 'nice' or 'fair' isn't going to work when the majority of the players don't check the forums. It's up to the devs to make the game fair, especially in EA. If you try and set up house rules so that your faction tries to hit a middle ground for port timers then the devs will look at it and see 'Oh looks like everything is fine, carry on' and then release the game without changing anything. If there truly is a problem then use it until the devs feel the need to fix it. If every port is flipped and there is a huge stalemate and nothing ever changes then the devs can look at that. 

As far as I know, the map is going to be wiped anyways at release so just play the game as is, if it causes problems, disadvantages or exploits then it's up to the devs to fix it.

• Like 1

XD 

tell me on what minute we are on withdrawal .

US Basic Cutter with 4lb Mediums Defeats Spanish Navy Brig. Unfortunately I didn't record the action where the Spanish Merc ran from me just prior and barely escaped (I had 3 crew, he had 22).

• Like 5

I'm really surprised to see all the Spanish players(and by that I mean people who play for spain from wherever they are) crying on the forums and mixing real life stuff with this GAME, why would we even need all these ports when we can't defend them? what's the point? why do you think The Netherlands is much stronger than us? because they have just enough players to patrol their small territory and they do not try to expand rapidly because they can't defend the new territory anyways. I think big clans in our nation need to patrol the important ports and abandon those that are 1000 kilometers away from La Habana.

• Like 1

For new people. Port Timers were created to prevent "night flips" but night flipping is relative, is it not? Since the majority of US players are westerners our day is your night and vice versa. The timers were created as a protection for a community that could not be on during certain hours of the day. This mechanic is particularly helpful to the small nations but all benefit.

US Basic Cutter with 4lb Mediums Defeats Spanish Navy Brig. Unfortunately I didn't record the action where the Spanish Merc ran from me just prior and barely escaped (I had 3 crew, he had 22).

That was my first PVP battle!!! Thanks for recording.