Game-Labs Forum

I really love this game but right now i hate it...

Me in a snow, 2 friends in 7th rates vs 1 player with 2 ai. 5 minutes into the battle he sails off, now i'm sitting here with 70 minutes battletime left (small battle), no chance to chase the privateer he's just sailing straight away from us and we can't even see him in the horizon anymore nor on the battlemap.

So i have obviously the choice of surrendering and losing a durability on my snow in a battle that we essentially won already or just wait 70 minutes out.

I love naval action but i'm seriously contemplating on quitting the game at the moment until these mechanics are revisited to a point where they make sense. Not offering a solution just raging hard at the moment as this is the 2nd time already this happened today.

Yeah yeah i know early access, except this is not a bug.

Edited by Lancezh

Maybe think about looking for fights in the open world? or do missions?

I know you mean well but that doesn't help me get over this broken mechanic. 60 minutes left and it's one of my rare evenings where i can play... the dev's implement teleport to appeal to the people who dont have to much time each evening and here i am sitting and looking at a screen for 70 minutes not doing anything. Literally.

Edited by Lancezh

The thing is, those missions isnt where the content of the game is, those missions were added by player request for things like the trafalgar which we had weekly, i know it is annoying, but i dont think the devs are focusing on that aspect as far as i remember the devs werent even planning to add it at first.

I know you mean well but that doesn't help me get over this broken mechanic. 60 minutes left and it's one of my rare evenings where i can play... the dev's implement teleport to appeal to the people who dont have to much time each evening and here i am sitting and looking at a screen for 70 minutes not doing anything. Literally.

Current design is a leftover design from the Trafalgar battles for the established Gentlemen. 

Brief history of the circle of death.

• First there were no circle of death and everybody ran
  • Circle of death was created and people started fighting but not enough
  • Circle of death became fast and small by the end of the battle ( sinking almost everyone who tried to troll or run away)
  • Then players transcended to Nirvana
  • Age of enlightenment started
  • Circle of death was increased
  • Circle of death was stopped
  • We almost disabled circle of death
  • Now we have to go back to cave times. Fast, small and deadly circle of death or perhaps exit timers. 

We are already fixing this Captain. It will get into the game in the next big patch. 

Meanwhile fight in OW where you have 2 min exit timers. 

ps. it is more fun in the open world - the real hunt.

• Like 7

Perhaps they should add something like no damage done for 10mins and you start sinking, something like that, and yes it does happen alot, it's very annoying.

Or... consensual disengagement ? Or to much distance between combatants and the fight breaks off ? There's a lot of possibilities instead of this. It's not just annoying it's downright frustrating.

We are already fixing this Captain. It will get into the game in the next big patch. 

Thank you, consider removing those battles altogether so we have more life in the open world. And with it please teleporting with cargo ;) thank you

Or... consensual disengagement ? Or to much distance between combatants and the fight breaks off ? There's a lot of possibilities instead of this. It's not just annoying it's downright frustrating.

Thank you, consider removing those battles altogether so we have more life in the open world. And with it please teleporting with cargo ;) thank you

No! please no teleporting with cargo!

or do you mean teleporting with cargo to get that removed?

I know I will get shouted down, but...why not remove durability loss from the small and large battles?

I know, I know, "But then people will be able to gain XP and Gold without risk!" Ok, sure, that is true. But look at it this way: When you are doing missions in the OW, how often do you expect to be sunk? How much risk is there really? Very little. First of all, you are going in with a stacked deck, and secondly, you can much more easily flee the fight. In the battles, the entire idea is that one side wins and the other loses; meaning that at least half of the players should expect to sink. That is crazy disproportionate amount of risk compared to just doing missions. 

So why would this be a good change? First, people would have no reason to run away. In fact, running away would be detrimental to their gold/ xp award at the end of the match. Stay and fight to the bitter end! Even if someone does run, you can leave the battle yourself without durability loss if you don't want to chase them. Second, it would encourage folks to use something other than the basic cutter. Third, it would provide a good environment for people to learn how to sail and fight new ships, and how to work together in a team fight. 

Why implement some super complicated "circle of death" mechanic that has to be balanced, tested, reevaluated, tweaked, etc? Just remove durability loss from the battles instead and you will get the same results without all the mess.

When you're in OW, who knows you will be intercepted and hunt down by other players ? There is no such risk in battles. Thus we need the durability loss.

Just implement some kind of shrinking circle and it'll be fine.

When you're in OW, who knows you will be intercepted and hunt down by other players ? There is no such risk in battles. Thus we need the durability loss.

Just implement some kind of shrinking circle and it'll be fine.

I beg to differ, and I think you have it backwards. The fact that you don't know what might happen in OW inherently means less risk. In the battles you know for darn sure that somebody is going to die. 

Frustrating aye but sadly not naval action exclussive

You get the same garbage in war thunder realism. Last plane alive climbs as high as he can and hides in the corner of the map and no one can find him. You end up landing your plane and alt tabbing for 40 minutes for the game to finish.

Frustrating aye but sadly not naval action exclussive

You get the same garbage in war thunder realism. Last plane alive climbs as high as he can and hides in the corner of the map and no one can find him. You end up landing your plane and alt tabbing for 40 minutes for the game to finish.

Aye...This is true and it hurts me everytime. I play Tanks now...

Current design is a leftover design from the Trafalgar battles for the established Gentlemen. 

Brief history of the circle of death.

• First there were no circle of death and everybody ran
  • Circle of death was created and people started fighting but not enough
  • Circle of death became fast and small by the end of the battle ( sinking almost everyone who tried to troll or run away)
  • Then players transcended to Nirvana
  • Age of enlightenment started
  • Circle of death was increased
  • Circle of death was stopped
  • We almost disabled circle of death
  • Now we have to go back to cave times. Fast, small and deadly circle of death or perhaps exit timers. 

Any chance to get such a system implemented inside of the port battles to prevent people running away while "defending" the port? Right now it is quite silly, not to mention more ships being lost the better, it helps fuel the economy and keeps people out of 1st rates as often.

• Like 1